Quantcast
Saint & Greavsie - FF - Football Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content

Welcome to the new and improved TLW!

Some of you may experience issues logging in and will get an 'incorrect password' error. Don't worry, you haven't typed it in wrong and your password hasn't been changed. You will need to reset it though in order to log in. Click the reset password link and you will receive an email with your new temporary password. Once logged in, you need to choose a new password (or restore to your old one) otherwise you will be locked out again.

If you have an out of date email address linked to your account, then you won't receive the new password. If that's the case then you'll need to email me (dave @liverpoolway.co.uk) or send me a tweet @theliverpoolway and I'll update your password manually. 

Any other problems or questions just let me know.

Thanks

Dave

Lee909

Saint & Greavsie

It was light hearted bollocks but still a damn sight better than the drivel spouted by Murphy , Shearer, Savage and most of the fuckwits we have to listen to today 

• Upvote 1

I once won a Saint & Greavsie mug when I entered a competition. They gave Donald Trump one of those mugs too.

I hated the way St John used to refer to Houllier as "the frenchman" you could hear the distain in his voice.

That is because he thought Houllier got Roy the sack and him and Roy were bezzie mates.

Ian St John is a bona fide Liverpool legend, though.

Bit before my time but he could play...and mix it.

• Upvote 3

Bit before my time but he could play...and mix it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OeUNBr6WvYw

Some dig that but if some cunt is pulling your hair then fair do's .

Imagine that happening nowadays it would probably be the main story on the news.

Used to love Saint and Greavsie , I remember one season Jimmy put a bet on that Liverpool,won win everything even the boat race....Those were the days eh, although having said that I think we won fuck all that season the jinxing cunt.

My routine on a Saturday in London (when not up in Liverpool for football).

Pay the rent.

Do the laundry at the laundrette downstairs.

The shitty laundrette, unbelievably, had a cafe with brilliant roast pork, crackling and apple sauce rolls.

One of them.

Do shopping at Safeway in the Edgware Rd.

Cab back to flat with shopping.

Watch Saint and Greavsie.

Go to pub for the afternoon. BBC Grandstand.

• Upvote 1

I used to love Saint and Greavsie. Bit of banter, bit of footy, what’s not to like?

OK, listening to Saint call Houllier the Frenchman grated a bit, bit I put that down to his generation and the fact that he sided with Roy Evans and perhaps was privy to a bit more behind the scenes.

Anyhow, Liverpool legend.

Just watched an episode there from 1989. Depressing how far we’ve fallen really when you listen to how we were talked about!

Just watched an episode there from 1989. Depressing how far we’ve fallen really when you listen to how we were talked about!

don't do it to yourself Brownie.

And we were in decline then!

And we were in decline then!

I don’t think that was apparent at the time. It was only a few months after we’d won the league with one of our greatest ever sides (87/88). The consensus was that we weren’t as free flowing as the previous season but were coming on strong and would win the title.

We were 4th, 8 points behind Arsenal but with 2 games in hand yet we were 7/4 favourites!