You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Liverpool 2 Sevilla 2 (Sep 13 2017)

tlw content

What if the player had chipped it over Lovren's head? You can't leave players unmarked like that regardless of what you think may or may not happen. You get goal side and worry about the rest later.

You're probably right and I'm happy to concede the point, in an ideal world Moreno recognises that Lovren might not cut the ball out.  For me it's still 99.9% on big Dejan, though.  He has to do better in that situation for the sake of all concerned.

Comes across a right bitter dickhead to be honest. Much like Ronnie Whelan often does. Though part of me think Ronnie is more pissed at how far we've fallen

Like a lot of them, I reckon Whelan is pissed off at the money that he missed out on by a few years. He's in no way incisive or interesting. He just moans for 90 minutes.

For those who didn't see it its worth looking up Didi Hamman's analysis on Klopp. He was on RTE Irish TV last night and nailed it for me. At this stage its borderline negligence on the defensive issues. And the arrogance and pig-headedness of the Moreno situation its unforgivable now.

Phil Thompson has basically said the same. He said that Liverpool's defensive problems are down to coaching or the lack of it.

The thing is our defenders to a man aren't the worse defenders in the league yet if you believed what you read and heard about our defence you would think just that.

If managers who manage teams further down the league can coach their defenders to be difficult to break down or to just get the basics right then there is really no excuse why klopp can't coach our defenders to do the basics right firstly and then become an effective defensive unit.

Phil Thompson has basically said the same. He said that Liverpool's defensive problems are down to coaching or the lack of it.

The thing is our defenders to a man aren't the worse defenders in the league yet if you believed what you read and heard about our defence you would think just that.

If managers who manage teams further down the league can coach their defenders to be difficult to break down or to just get the basics right then there is really no excuse why klopp can't coach our defenders to do the basics right firstly and then become an effective defensive unit.

I'm sure Klopp could easily play two rigid lines of four.  We'd be fucking dire though and I doubt you'd be too happy with the outcome.

I'm sure Klopp could easily play two rigid lines of four. We'd be fucking dire though and I doubt you'd be too happy with the outcome.

Not talking about rigid lines of 4 but players not being caught out of position.

Some of the goals we conceded are caused by our style of play but we conceded a he'll of a lot by poor positional play.

The idea that defensive nous means sacrificing attacking threat is ridiculous.

It depends on what you mean by defensive nous.

Not defending set-pieces like brain-injured clowns shouldn't restrict our attacking, but something like playing a recognised defensive midfielder obviously would.

We are behind the likes of City,United,Chelsea,etc,in wages and this seems to correlate to where a club tends to finish in the league,generally. It seems that Klopp has decided that attack is the best form of defence and last season's overachievement backs this up. The problem is that with qualifying for the CL that extra investment should have happened in the pre-season and it didn't,this is the crux of the matter and its difficult to know who exactly decided to neglect thos signings,Klopp or the owners?