You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Manchester Arena Explosions?

Anubis

Didn't the local market in Longsight have a stall recruiting for the Taliban or something similar?

I had a days work once as a drivers mate delivering stuff anc we delivered thesethings . It is an area full of Muslims it isn't like Toxteth where it is a mixture of all races and credes there were no black, Chinese faces a couple of white faces but mainly Pakistanis.

You support Western Imperialist violence on a mass scale. You don't get the right to be outraged by this.

Ah, I know where I've gone wrong here.  Rather than just ignore you and leave you in your cave I've gone and responded to you.  Thus becoming the very face of capitalism and have unleashed your coiled-spring of repressed anger. 

You're the forum equivalent of Katie Hopkins, you thrive of it so I'm just not going to respond to you and instead just smile as you struggle for reactions.  Get yourself to Manchester mate and start a revolution, they'll be ripe for it now.  Good luck with it all.

• Upvote 1

Maybe the UN should establish one and let people move there, after a few weeks of seeing people get their hands chopped off for humming Bon Jovi tunes maybe they'll realise it's not all it's cracked up to be. 

they tried that with Israel, and look how that turned out.

• Upvote 1

I worked in Longsight for four years and never had any problems. Quite the opposite. All the shop holders were friendly, and we had lots of clients who owned restaurants, who'd pitch up to the office with vats of rice and curry which would sort your lunch out for the week.

I worked in Longsight for four years and never had any problems. Quite the opposite. All the shop holders were friendly, and we had lots of clients who owned restaurants, who'd pitch up to the office with vats of rice and curry which would sort your lunch out for the week.

Yeah where we went was a nice area it wasn't run down or dilapidated and the people were all very friendly.

You support Western Imperialist violence on a mass scale. You don't get the right to be outraged by this.

Fixed

I'll see both of you in my office later.  I'll be writing to your parents.

Yeah was listening on Irish radio about some poor woman who can't find her daughter. The daughter was out with a young male friend and he's been located in a hospital somewhere outside Manchester. Her daughter hasn't been found yet, poor thing

That was the woman I heard.

Those girls are our girls

• Upvote 1

Yeah where we went was a nice area it wasn't run down or dilapidated and the people were all very friendly.

Although there was a pub across the road we occasionally went to, which was raided, and they found machetes and a sawn-off shotgun stuffed down the back of some of the seats!

I think it's since been turned into a restaurant called the Sanam.

There are also a couple of estates down towards the police station that are a bit dodgy with gang-related drug stuff.  I went on a home visit once and the kids thought I was a CID officer because the only people they ever saw in suits on the estate were CID officers.

These scum need sorting now, I have no idea how but someone must know how.

I wonder if Corbyn, May and the Queen were all to be assassinated by ISIS what the response would be, would it be the same as what we are likely to get?  What crosses the line, kids with nail bombs? Nah, probably not.

• Upvote 1

Although there was a pub across the road we occasionally went to, which was raided, and they found machetes and a sawn-off shotgun stuffed down the back of some of the seats!

I think it's since been turned into a restaurant called the Sanam.

There are also a couple of estates down towards the police station that are a bit dodgy with gang-related drug stuff. I went on a home visit once and the kids thought I was a CID officer because the only people they ever saw in suits on the estate were CID officers.

We travelled through the city centre and made a delivery to one of the cash and carry places that they have there. One thing I noticed is there were no newsagents or off-licence anywhere. We travelled through Longsight then through Levenshulme anc had to get into Stockport before we could buy a can of coke.

The driver who I was with said that it is a poor area and pointed out that off-licence would be useless as they are Muslims and newsagents would be pointless as they wouldnt be interested in reading and of the papers.

Longsight certainly isn't a 'no-go' area. It's a bit rough but there's rough cunts of every colour creed and religion in the area.

Maybe the reason why I only saw Muslims is because we were delivering to a Muslim supermarket/cash and carry place.

Farridge already spouting off on Fox and Hopkins has called for a "final solution". Beyond belief how shameless these people can be in the face of atrocity.

The only real solution is that a big fuck off meteorite hits earth but until then we're going to keep on killing each other in more brutal and imaginative ways.

Guest Pistonbroke

We live in a sick depraved World full of cunts. Humans will do anything in the name of religion, for power or wealth. It's been going on for centuries, you'd think as a so called intelligent species we'd have eradicated this behaviour and could work together instead of killing innocent people.

My heart goes out to all those poor people and those affected by this tragic event. 

The only real solution is that a big fuck off meteorite hits earth but until then we're going to keep on killing each other in more brutal and imaginative ways.

We live in a sick depraved World full of cunts. Humans will do anything in the name of religion, for power or wealth. It's been going on for centuries, you'd think as a so called intelligent species we'd have eradicated this behaviour and could work together instead of killing innocent people.

My heart goes out to all those poor people and those affected by this tragic event.

In fairness it was one person who killed those people last night the huge vast majority of people are decent humans and wouldn't kill anyone.