You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

US Election Thread 2016

Red Phoenix

How about leaking Trump's tax returns?

At the rate things are going the upcoming leak might have to be spectacularly bad to get Clinton defeated. Trump will probably make such a twat of himself at the remaining two debates that it'll be almost impossible for him to win if Dems go out and vote enough. So his tax returns might not matter.

So the point of leaks is exactly what?

I think the whole thing is a game of cat and mouse. I'm sure the American authorities hate Wikileaks and see Assange as a threat to national security. Wikileaks blew the lid off some terrible practices and increased the 'inconvenient' need for government to be more accountable.

All things being equal, I'm sure America would happily send in a crew to take Assange by force, back to America, where he would face years in jail, or worse, on some trumped up charges. I think extradition to Sweden would be the first step towards extradition to America. So the fella has a big problem.

The main thing he's got going for him is the threat of more devastating info to come out. I suspect he's got something, but not very much, so he's playing it slowly, to maximize the hand he's got.

So the point of leaks is exactly what?

Well it's clearly going to damage her campaign, maybe if things go badly it'll add to her losing. I just find it hard to believe with the Clinton propaganda machine being so strong and Trump having to do well in debates. Even if he wins they'll just deny it and say she won instead or it was a tie, they appear to be too full of shit to do otherwise. Trump looked out of his league in the last debate though so will have to get a lot better for the remaining two, and I still can't shake off the idea that he's a plant, because he's just so bad and almost constantly causing problems for himself, almost as if it's by design.

Anyway even if he does do well and the leaks result in Clinton being damaged so badly that she loses, we get Trump as president. So it's not something I have a huge amount of enthusiasm for anyway. They're both nightmare candidates and the election is a complete shambles. My only hope is for either of them being impeached shortly after winning, and when you look at the criminality of them combined, it's not too much of a stretch to think that it has a fair chance of happening.

Well, why harm Clinton's campaign with leaks then, why not hit Trump, and when she is elected, hit her? Or more to the point, if they actually had anything, why didn't they leak when Sanders was still around with a shot at Democratic candidancy? It makes no sense whatsoever now. Either they would help Trump, or get her impeached and her VP, who is supposed to be even worse by their standards, will take over.

I've seen one interview with Assange where he's asked about going for Trump and he says something along the lines of "We're working on it". I think the reasons why Clinton is being targeted are numerous. It's just my opinion, but I think Clinton has had this pathway paved for her for many, many years. She is the bigger fish, the bigger target. She is undoubtedly extremely corrupt, false, and is the epitome of the slimy politician who will do anything to climb the ladder. I think she fits the agenda for Wikileaks far more than Trump.

Well, why harm Clinton's campaign with leaks then, why not hit Trump, and when she is elected, hit her? Or more to the point, if they actually had anything, why didn't they leak when Sanders was still around with a shot at Democratic candidancy? It makes no sense whatsoever now. Either they would help Trump, or get her impeached and her VP, who is supposed to be even worse by their standards, will take over.

Putin's rapist pal Assange won't leak anything to hurt Putin's rapist pal Trump.

How the fuck should I know the answers to that? Try sending an e-mail to Wikileaks and ask!

Assange is a fugitive from rape charges. A suit has been filed against Trump for raping a 13 year old girl, and several other women have accused Trump of rape or attempted rape.

Happy to help.

Make sure to keep quiet about Bill Clinton's rape allegations, and that Hillary might have helped cover it up for him.

No need.  They'd accessed that question before he'd posted it.

Sorry? Not sure what you mean there. You mean they've already covered responses to what he's asking from other people? If so yeah they probably have.

edit : if it was a joke sorry again, trying to cut down on the e-cig and head's in a bit of a mad place at the moment from nicotine withdrawal I think.

No need.  They'd accessed that question before he'd posted it.

Sorry? Not sure what you mean there. You mean they've already covered responses to what he's asking from other people? If so yeah they probably have.

I think he meant no need emailing them the question, they alredy read it on my computer, before I pressed post. 

The October Surprise might have started, Guccifer 2.0 has apparently leaked a load of Clinton Foundation documents. You can see more at the Twitter account here : https://twitter.com/GUCCIFER_2

There's reports that the documents are faked, but it's not clear yet whether or not that's the Dems trying to cover themselves. This is the same guy that did the DNC Leak by the way, that led to the head of the DNC, Debbie Wasserman Schultz, resigning. It could take a day or two until there's a better understanding of what's actually going on here though, and the implications of it.