You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

US Election Thread 2016

Red Phoenix

The October Surprise might have started, Guccifer 2.0 has apparently leaked a load of Clinton Foundation documents. You can see more at the Twitter account here : https://twitter.com/GUCCIFER_2

There's reports that the documents are faked, but it's not clear yet whether or not that's the Dems trying to cover themselves. This is the same guy that did the DNC Leak by the way, that led to the head of the DNC, Debbie Wasserman Schultz, resigning. It could take a day or two until there's a better understanding of what's actually going on here though, and the implications of it.

What am I looking at?  I'm seeing the names of some people, the names of some banks and then some numbers.  I don't know what that document is.

What am I looking at?  I'm seeing the names of some people, the names of some banks and then some numbers.  I don't know what that document is.

Yeah that turned out mostly disappointing in the end. Nothing like what was expected when it was said that it was a Clinton Foundation hack. Guccifer hasn't even posted up anything else and he/she said that there was a lot more in the hack. A good part of it is stuff from the DNC and DCCC (Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee.) Would've posted back at the time but was hoping others would post first instead so I didn't have loads of posts in a row, then I kind of stopped thinking about it.

What Wikileaks have released earlier though is big and is getting a lot of attention. It's kind of what was hoped for at the start of the week with the whole #OctoberSurprise thing going around on social media, and includes parts of private speeches she gave that I don't think she wanted to get out. Twitter has censored Podesta and Wikileaks from trending since the leak was posted, so it looks like they're concerned about how it could damage her.

A tape of Trump & Billy Bush saying a load of messed up stuff about women has also been leaked, and that of course started trending worldwide instantly and hasn't left trends. Trump is a total twat but he is right on something : some of what's going on here is rigged against him.

The Podesta leak also has the late Edgar Mitchell talking about Aliens, zero point energy, etc in two of them. Was going to post it in the conspiracy thread, but may as well leave them here now :

https://www.wikileaks.org/podesta-emails/emailid/1802

https://www.wikileaks.org/podesta-emails/emailid/1766

Here's email 1766 :

Dear John,

As 2015 unfolds, I understand you are leaving the Administration in February.

It is urgent that we agree on a date and time to meet to discuss Disclosure and Zero Point Energy, at your earliest available after your departure.

My Catholic colleague Terri Mansfield will be there too, to bring us up to date on the Vatican’s awareness of ETI.

Another colleague is working on a new Space Treaty, citing involvement with Russia and China. However with Russia’s extreme interference in Ukraine, I believe we must pursue another route for peace in space and ZPE on Earth.

I met with President Obama’s Honolulu childhood friend, US Ambassador Pamela Hamamoto on July 4 at the US Mission in Geneva, when I was able to tell her briefly about zero point energy.

I believe we can enlist her as a confidante and resource in our presentation for President Obama.

I appreciate Eryn’s assistance in working with Terri to set up our meeting.

Best regards,

Edgar Edgar D. Mitchell,

ScD Chief Science Officer & Founder, Quantrek

Apollo 14 astronaut

6th man to walk on the Moon

It's been an amazingly mental night, even by the usual standards of this election.

Nelly has already covered this in the Trump thread, but if anyone hasn't seen it yet :

Trump's campaign reeling after crude comments on women aired

NEW YORK (AP) — Caught on tape making shockingly crude comments about a married woman he tried to seduce, Donald Trump reeled under widespread condemnation from his own party on Friday, increasingly desperate to salvage a presidential bid at risk of imploding.

Trump tried to head off some of the damage by issuing a statement apologizing "if anyone was offended" by vulgar remarks captured on a 2005 tape and made public Friday. In the recording, obtained by The Washington Post and NBC News, Trump describes trying to have sex with the married woman and brags about women letting him kiss and grab them because he is famous.

"When you're a star they let you do it," Trump says. "You can do anything."

He adds seconds later, "Grab them by the p----. You can do anything."

The one-sentence response from the head of Trump's Republican Party was devastating.

"No woman should ever be described in these terms or talked about in this manner. Ever," said Reince Priebus, who had stood by Trump through his past provocative comments.

House Speaker Paul Ryan said he was sickened by Trump's comments.

"I hope Mr. Trump treats this situation with the seriousness it deserves and works to demonstrate to the country that he has greater respect for women than this clip suggests."

Ryan added tartly that Trump was "no longer attending" a joint campaign appearance set for Saturday in Wisconsin. Trump himself later said in a statement that he would be preparing for Sunday night's debate instead.

The rest is here : http://bigstory.ap.org/article/5db59ec569474b4f99090fef4afc5354/trump-clinton-campaigns-watch-matthews-impact-fla

Watched that last night. Trump makes Clinton look like like an angel,despite RPs beliefs on here.

Trump is a disgrace, an absolute cunt. What bothers me is the media (social and mainstream) suppressing Wikileaks releases and how utterly corrupt Clinton is. They do a story here and there, then go back to ignoring things. They won't be able to soon if Wikileaks keep it going.

Trump and Clinton are both disgusting and an insult to most of the American public.

Trump is a disgrace, an absolute cunt. What bothers me is the media (social and mainstream) suppressing Wikileaks releases and how utterly corrupt Clinton is. They do a story here and there, then go back to ignoring things. They won't be able to soon if Wikileaks keep it going.

The latest leaks shows that Clinton wants open borders, free trade, green energy and opportunity for everyone.

Hardly the Nixon tapes, are they.

The latest leaks shows that Clinton wants open borders, free trade, green energy and opportunity for everyone.

Hardly the Nixon tapes, are they.

They are secret transcripts of speeches she gave behind-closed-doors in 2013 and 2014.

From what I've seen, they match the stuff she was saying publicly in 2013 and 2014.

Yeah, and the rest? You couldn't have given a more one-sided post if you'd tried I don't think. I get that you prefer Hillary, that's a ridiculous post though. Not even the mainstream media were that bad when they did their one or two stories here and there.

I'll post some of the other stuff shortly.

Nelly has already covered this in the Trump thread, but if anyone hasn't seen it yet :

Trump's campaign reeling after crude comments on women aired

NEW YORK (AP) — Caught on tape making shockingly crude comments about a married woman he tried to seduce, Donald Trump reeled under widespread condemnation from his own party on Friday, increasingly desperate to salvage a presidential bid at risk of imploding.

Trump tried to head off some of the damage by issuing a statement apologizing "if anyone was offended" by vulgar remarks captured on a 2005 tape and made public Friday. In the recording, obtained by The Washington Post and NBC News, Trump describes trying to have sex with the married woman and brags about women letting him kiss and grab them because he is famous.

"When you're a star they let you do it," Trump says. "You can do anything."

He adds seconds later, "Grab them by the p----. You can do anything."

The one-sentence response from the head of Trump's Republican Party was devastating.

"No woman should ever be described in these terms or talked about in this manner. Ever," said Reince Priebus, who had stood by Trump through his past provocative comments.

House Speaker Paul Ryan said he was sickened by Trump's comments.

"I hope Mr. Trump treats this situation with the seriousness it deserves and works to demonstrate to the country that he has greater respect for women than this clip suggests."

Ryan added tartly that Trump was "no longer attending" a joint campaign appearance set for Saturday in Wisconsin. Trump himself later said in a statement that he would be preparing for Sunday night's debate instead.

The rest is here : http://bigstory.ap.org/article/5db59ec569474b4f99090fef4afc5354/trump-clinton-campaigns-watch-matthews-impact-fla

John McCain is now saying he won't vote for Trump.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2016/oct/08/john-mccain-donald-trump-sex-boast-tape?CMP=twt_gu

http://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/2016-election-forecast/#plus

Five Thirty Eight "Polls Plus" prediction now gives Clinton the edge in North Carolina - that's all ten of the states they had identified as possible "tipping point" states.  They currently have the chances of winning at 77.3% v 22.7%.

If Wikileaks are really going to swing this for the Fascist candidate, they'd better have something meatier than what's been reported so far.

I'm honestly not bothered about any of the Republicans voting for Trump or not. I think Trump and many of the Republicans are complete idiots, McCain the war hawk being one of the worst and most dangerous.

http://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/2016-election-forecast/#plus

Five Thirty Eight "Polls Plus" prediction now gives Clinton the edge in North Carolina - that's all ten of the states they had identified as possible "tipping point" states.  They currently have the chances of winning at 77.3% v 22.7%.

If Wikileaks are really going to swing this for the Fascist candidate, they'd better have something meatier than what's been reported so far.

They don't have shit, 

I'm honestly not bothered about any of the Republicans voting for Trump or not. I think Trump and many of the Republicans are complete idiots, McCain the war hawk being one of the worst and most dangerous.

I'm just speculating here, but if Republicans who were thinking of pegging their noses to vote Trump see leading Republicans coming out and saying they won't vote for him, maybe they'll be encouraged to think "me neither".

Here's a few things from the Podesta emails. There's a lot more, and remember that Wikileaks said they've only released 1% of what they have so far.

Clinton supported and still might support a no fly zone in Syria. Here's her own comments on the deaths to civilians it'd cause :

Hillary Clinton Said One Of The Problems With A No Fly Zone Would Be The Need To Take Out Syria’s Air Defense, And “You’re Going To Kill A Lot Of Syrians.”

“So we’re not as good as we used to be, but we still—we can still deliver, and we should have in my view been trying to do that so we would have better insight.  But the idea that we would have like a no fly zone—Syria, of course, did have when it started the fourth biggest Army in the world.  It had very sophisticated air defense systems.  They’re getting more sophisticated thanks to Russian imports. To have a no fly zone you have to take out all of the air defense, many of which are located in populated areas.  So our missiles, even if they are standoff missiles so we’re not putting our pilots at risk—you’re going to kill a lot of Syrians.  So all of a sudden this intervention that people talk about so glibly becomes an American and NATO involvement where you take a lot of civilians.” [ Speech to Goldman Sachs, 2013 IBD Ceo Annual Conference, 6/4/13]

Then there's the added fact that it could you know, trigger world war III. This can be found by going to attachments here, it's a .docx file. (Word on Windows? Am on Linux it uses AbiWord.) : https://wikileaks.org/podesta-emails/emailid/927

On Keystone XL, "enviros", and Bill Clinton :

> On Apr 19, 2015, at 9:19 PM, Robby Mook <re47@hillaryclinton.com> wrote:
>
> The enviros may latch onto this going forward. Have we discussed when she will come out against Keystone? After POTUS vetoes?
>
> and more than $1 million in payments to Mr. Clinton by a Canadian bank and major shareholder in the Keystone XL oil pipeline around the time the project was being debated in the State Department.

https://wikileaks.org/podesta-emails/emailid/118

This is an extract from the address orca100@upcmail.nl in the Podesta emails, there's a lot of people wondering who this is. It's not Clinton or Podesta saying this stuff, but why is he getting these emails in the first place?

What makes for successful immigration?

It’s no brain surgery, but the media have long failed to provide a clear credible answer. They are unable to come up with an answer or don’t like the answer that’s staring them in the face. The main reason behind successful immigration should be painfully obvious to even the most dimwitted of observers: Some groups of people are almost always highly successful given only half a chance (Jews*, Hindus/Sikhs and Chinese people, for example), while others (Muslims, blacks** and Roma***, for instance) fare badly almost irrespective of circumstances. The biggest group of humanity can be found somewhere between those two extremes – the perennial overachievers and the professional never-do-wells.

https://wikileaks.org/podesta-emails/emailid/1637

Another extract from orca100 :

More broadly speaking, there is not even a single Western European country with a successful Muslim community, as I've shown with granite-hard facts and figures and will further substantiate with more of the same. Instead, in only slightly varying degrees, Muslim immigration is just one long tale of woe and misery for the long-suffering host countries, which are in for far worse to come in the decades ahead because of barely understood demographic realities. Incidentally, the same sad observation can be made of the Black Diaspora in Western Europe, North America, Latin America and the Caribbean (see previous statistics-packed emails and upcoming info - you have yet to receive these!).

Germany's Immigration Disaster Deniers have as much credibility as alien abductees spirited away in a UFO with Bigfoot at the controls

https://wikileaks.org/podesta-emails/emailid/295

From ZeroHedge :

Podesta Emails Reveal Illegal Coordination With David Brock Super PAC

Another startling discovery from the "Podesta Emails" seems to indicate that the Clinton campaign openly coordinated with the "Correct The Record" Super PAC run by David Brock...which we believe is technically a felony.  That said, we're sure the FBI could find a way to argue the intent. 

Per the email below, Podesta wrote to Jennifer Palmieri, Hillary's Director of Communications, among others in the campaign, in March of last year asking whether the campaign should be coordinating with "Brock" to attack the "Clinton Cash" book as a "Murdoch Special."  Palmieri clearly agrees with the coordination by responding with a simple "Yes."

Of course, all of these conversations were conducted via gmail accounts rather than official campaign accounts...better luck next time keeping the shady stuff off the record...

And here's the email being described :

To: john.podesta@gmail.com

Date: 2015-03-23 00:12

Subject: Re: DRAFT Questions for HRC Media Prepare

Yes.

Sent from my iPad

> On Mar 22, 2015, at 9:56 PM, John Podesta <john.podesta@gmail.com> wrote:

>

> Shouldn't we attack the book or get Brock to attack the book as a Murdoch special. From the folks who brought you Fox News...

>

> JP

> --Sent from my iPad--

ZeroHedge link : http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2016-10-08/podesta-files-show-illegal-coordination-david-brock-super-pac

Wikileaks email link : https://wikileaks.org/podesta-emails/emailid/820

It'd be good if the media wasn't so biased, but Clinton is the establishment candidate so they're repeatedly giving her a pass.

FBI have covered up for her as well. From the New York Post :

FBI agents are ready to revolt over the cozy Clinton probe

By Paul Sperry
October 6, 2016

Veteran FBI agents say FBI Director James Comey has permanently damaged the bureau’s reputation for uncompromising investigations with his “cowardly” whitewash of former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton’s mishandling of classified information using an unauthorized private email server.

Feeling the heat from congressional critics, Comey last week argued that the case was investigated by career FBI agents, “So if I blew it, they blew it, too.”

But agents say Comey tied investigators’ hands by agreeing to unheard-of ground rules and other demands by the lawyers for Clinton and her aides that limited their investigation.

“In my 25 years with the bureau, I never had any ground rules in my interviews,” said retired agent Dennis V. Hughes, the first chief of the FBI’s computer investigations unit.

Instead of going to prosecutors and insisting on using grand jury leverage to compel testimony and seize evidence, Comey allowed immunity for several key witnesses, including potential targets.

The immunity agreements came with outrageous side deals, including preventing agents from searching for any documents on a Dell laptop owned by former Clinton chief of staff Cheryl Mills generated after Jan. 31, 2015, when she communicated with the server administrator who destroyed subpoenaed emails.

Comey also agreed to have Mills’ laptop destroyed after the restricted search, denying Congress the chance to look at it and making the FBI an accomplice to the destruction of evidence.

http://nypost.com/2016/10/06/fbi-agents-are-ready-to-revolt-over-the-cozy-clinton-probe/

I'd need to see this bit in context.

“So we’re not as good as we used to be, but we still—we can still deliver, and we should have in my view been trying to do that so we would have better insight.  But the idea that we would have like a no fly zone—Syria, of course, did have when it started the fourth biggest Army in the world.  It had very sophisticated air defense systems.  They’re getting more sophisticated thanks to Russian imports. To have a no fly zone you have to take out all of the air defense, many of which are located in populated areas.  So our missiles, even if they are standoff missiles so we’re not putting our pilots at risk—you’re going to kill a lot of Syrians.  So all of a sudden this intervention that people talk about so glibly becomes an American and NATO involvement where you take a lot of civilians.” [ Speech to Goldman Sachs, 2013 IBD Ceo Annual Conference, 6/4/13]

There is nothing in there that says she is supporting no-fly zones in the current circumstances: that just reads like she's fully aware that there are no easy answers.

She is running against a man who publicly says he would just hurl more and more bombs onto Syria.

I'd need to see this bit in context.

There is nothing in there that says she is supporting no-fly zones in the current circumstances: that just reads like she's fully aware that there are no easy answers.

She is running against a man who publicly says he would just hurl more and more bombs onto Syria.

Trump has indicated that he'd be a lot more likely to work with Putin than against him. That's probably one of the reasons the US establishment are going crazy about him. So I don't think he'd just hurl more bombs onto Syria without co-ordinating more with Syria and Russia to clear up actual terrorists. It could be a good change from helping arm and fund them like the US has been doing so far (in the case of "moderate" rebels, meaning Al-Qaeda and associates.) Trump working with Russia instead of against them could help prevent further chances of a world war as well.

Clinton is the most anti-Russia candidate. She's a war hawk and played a big part in destroying Libya. Stein, Johnson and Trump are all more open to working with Russia instead of against them.

That's not what some of the psychos in the US want though, because Russia is enemy number 1 almost all of the time. A lot of them can't even speak about the leaks, they just go on about it being a Russian hack instead. To work with Russia to actually clear up terrorists might affect their war profits or something.

The other leaks just make it look like she's a cynical, twisty politician who is cosy with Wall Street.

Not really a "surprise" is it?  It certainly doesn't compare with boasting about sexual assault.

Trump supporters are saying that Clinton has a long record of protecting her husband who's been involved in several cases of sexual assault, even rape. They're both nightmare candidates in almost every way, almost any time one of them thinks they have the upper hand, they also seem to have their own crap related to whatever it is. Or something worse that can be brought up.

If Stein and Johnson had been getting the media coverage Trump and Clinton have had, and could've got into the rigged debates (despite whatever faults either of them have), Clinton and Trump would be in big trouble. It really is a fraudulent load of crap.