You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Transfers summer 2016

There was me expecting Pulisic to be Croatian or German or maybe Polish.

To my disgust he's American and learned his trade there; when did they ever produce good footballers?.

He's played 434 minutes for Dortmund.

Here's a thought if Dortmund bought so many attackers they might think Pulisic is a bit of an Adnan Januzaj or Jordan Ibe.

I wonder if him been American and playing for their national team has our yank owners excited.

Werner was getting a stiffy at the thought of us buying Dempsey.

He's American Croatian.

He applied for Croatian Citizenship through his grandparents.

If JK has to make a profit or break even in the transfer market due to the cost of the new stand I wish someone would just say so.  we could all understand that

To refuse to buy a left back have cover for full back on either side, and not recognise we have one of the weakest midfields in the prem is bordering on dereliction of duty.  Oh and a 20 goal a season striker would be nice if the 20 goal a season striker we already have isn't deemed good enough

Watched Dortmund's game this afternoon, they're actually not all that great.  Still pretty rusty from the look of things.  Oh, and Pulisic didn't get on.

I will say one thing - if we really want one of their players, we should just back a truck full of money up to their gate for Weigl.  20 years old and looks for all the world like the second coming of Xabi Alonso.  Going to be a tremendous player, already very, very good.  Made a huge difference for them when he came on.  

If we wait one more summer he'll be far out of our reach, probably is already but I'd go in with a huge offer just to see if it might be possible anyway.

• Upvote 2

We simply have to do business in the next few days. Arsenal have strengthened finally, Chelsea will do deals, both the Manchester clubs form is looking ominous. With no Europe I fully expect us to get better as the season progresses but an established left back and experienced midfielder would do wonders.

Imagine how good we'd be going forward if we added Brahimi into the mix. Drop Coutinho into midfield and just blast teams into next week. No defence could cope with that.

unfortunately our defence and goalkeeper can't cope with anyone or anything

James Pearce pours cold water on another transfer

Borussia Dortmund stance means Reds may have to wait until next summer for United States teenager

GettyImages-587630606.jpg

Liverpool are unlikely to complete the signing of Borussia Dortmund winger Christian Pulisic prior to Wednesday's transfer deadline.

The Reds tabled an initial offer of £11million for the talented 17-year-old, who has also attracted interest from Stoke City.

However, the Bundesliga outfit are unwilling to sell in this window and Liverpool are prepared to wait to secure his services.

Unless Dortmund change their stance, Pulisic is expected to stay put this season.

The USA international, who has two years remaining on his contract, is highly rated by Jurgen Klopp .

Pennsylvania-born Pulisic joined Dortmund's Academy in January 2015 when Klopp was still manager there.

Pulisic made the breakthrough to the first-team squad under Thomas Tuchel last season and went on to make 12 senior appearances, including a short cameo in the Europa League quarter-final first leg against Liverpool.

Klopp views him as one of the future rather than the present and will continue to monitor his progress.