You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?

Sugar Ape

Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?  

218 members have voted

1. 1. Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?

4 hours ago, Barry Wom said:

I read this in the guardian from an opinium poll today, it's fucking depressing reading, how the fuck can Corbyn be behind that mental twat? If he can't get ahead of her, labour truly have no chance. 

Theresa May’s lead over Jeremy Corbyn, when voters are asked who would be the best prime minister, has halved since last month. Her lead has dropped from 15 points at the end of February to 7 points in the latest poll.

She has 3 or 4 major newspapers casting her as the only hope for brexit and the mouth breathers are lapping it up. Had the misfortune to be picked up by a guy on an airport run who spent most of the journey extolling her amazing resilience and how the Tory traitors had failed her.

(The Mrs was meanwhile staring at me in warning, as she was aware that my inclination was to replicate the scene from Total Recall with Arnie and the robot driver.)

5 hours ago, sir roger said:

She has 3 or 4 major newspapers casting her as the only hope for brexit and the mouth breathers are lapping it up. Had the misfortune to be picked up by a guy on an airport run who spent most of the journey extolling her amazing resilience and how the Tory traitors had failed her.

(The Mrs was meanwhile staring at me in warning, as she was aware that my inclination was to replicate the scene from Total Recall with Arnie and the robot driver.)

Maybe it's the people I mix with, bit I don't know a single person, even those who seem to like her, who don't think she's a useless cunt. I do meet lots of people the who are genuinely frightened by a Corbyn government, and not just right wing nut jobs. 

49 minutes ago, Barry Wom said:

Maybe it's the people I mix with, bit I don't know a single person, even those who seem to like her, who don't think she's a useless cunt. I do meet lots of people the who are genuinely frightened by a Corbyn government, and not just right wing nut jobs. 

What do they say when you ask them why?

Being frightened of social democracy just seems a bit odd to me. 

Or do they think 25 minutes into his premiership he'll have nationalised all bakeries and built gulags in every town?

56 minutes ago, Jairzinho said:

What do they say when you ask them why?

Being frightened of social democracy just seems a bit odd to me. 

Or do they think 25 minutes into his premiership he'll have nationalised all bakeries and built gulags in every town?

I think most of them think he'll bankrupt the country. 

17 minutes ago, moof said:

I find the idea that people are genuinely fearful of a moderately left wing government hilarious and simultaneously utterly depressing. 

Yeah, it's pretty ridiculous. I could go on, and almost did, about the causes of this type of thing... but I can't even be fucked. Let's just end it. Let's all wank ourselves to death. 

Just now, Numero Veinticinco said:

Yeah, it's pretty ridiculous. I could go on, and almost did, about the causes of this type of thing... but I can't even be fucked. Let's just end it. Let's all wank ourselves to death. 

Or, even better. Let’s wank eachother to death 

21 minutes ago, Strontium Dog said:

I am less worried about economic positions and more about basic competence. Although given the hash the current mob are making of things, well...

I think he'd probably be the most able PM since Brown. That's not saying much, because we've had Cameron and May, who have shown themselves to be very incompetent. I'm not overjoyed at the idea, and I'm not filled with confidence by his competence, but government isn't run by one person. The bunch of people on his side are as able as anybody else. 

I'm getting more and more comfortable with the idea of Keir Starmer being a leader, though. 

16 hours ago, Barry Wom said:

I read this in the guardian from an opinium poll today, it's fucking depressing reading, how the fuck can Corbyn be behind that mental twat? If he can't get ahead of her, labour truly have no chance. 

Theresa May’s lead over Jeremy Corbyn, when voters are asked who would be the best prime minister, has halved since last month. Her lead has dropped from 15 points at the end of February to 7 points in the latest poll.

Because he's stupid enough to come out with shite about bringing a terrorist "home".

Thankfully the majority of the British public don't want anything like that at all. 

Talk about hanging yourself. 

9 hours ago, cloggypop said:

They should probably stop reading Murdoch and the Mail. 

ao i would feel pretty sure they don't. and this actually is the problem. there's this idea from the left of labour, corbyn is great and if anyone doesn't think so, there's something wrong with them and not him. but his job is to ensure labour get elected at the next election. we currently have the worst prmie minister in the history of the UK, yet he's less popular than her. if you are someone who wants to see a left wing government and don't think this is an issue, i would suggest your more invested in corbyn than you are in riidding ourselves of this tory government. 

5 hours ago, Grinch said:

Because he's stupid enough to come out with shite about bringing a terrorist "home".

Thankfully the majority of the British public don't want anything like that at all. 

I genuinely don't understand this post. It was a regular poll on the parties and the leaders, and corbyn is less popular than may (although admittedly closer than it was just a month before). It has nothing to do with "bringing a terrorist home", it has to do with after everything that has happened over the last few years, he is still less appealing to the electorate than theresa may. just think about that. she is a fucking laughing stock, is completely mis-managing the country, yet the electorate would sooner have her than him. It's fucking depressing. 

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Grinch said:

"He's stupid enough to believe in the rule of law.  Thankfully the majority of the British public are unprincipled bellends, willingly duped by the Mail and the Scum into opposing human rights. "

• Upvote 1