You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?

Sugar Ape

Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?  

218 members have voted

1. 1. Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?

1 minute ago, Hank Moody said:

That is a very good question. I think the answer is, aside from your leadership... not in a very long time, no. Even longer as a winning party. The world, it seems, has changed. 

Fucking hell the clowns are out on Twitter/Facebook.

They’ve had their opinion fed to them through three/four snippets of a very detailed report and they know better than anybody else, and therein lies the eternal contradiction.

Read the full report, it’s, for those that haven’t, genuinely interesting and shines a critical light on the whole shitfest and gives an historical snapshot of the utter rot the party was in, on both sides.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:

Fucking hell the clowns are out on Twitter/Facebook.

They’ve had their opinion fed to them through three/four snippets of a very detailed report and they know better than anybody else, and therein lies the eternal contradiction.

Read the full report, it’s, for those that haven’t, genuinely interesting and shines a critical light on the whole shitfest and gives an historical snapshot of the utter rot the party was in, on both sides.

I haven't read it but in your opinion is Corbyn anti-semitic? 

Just now, Bruce Spanner said:

No, of course not, but he really, really didn’t help that opinion be formed and used against him.

See, balance.

It seems with Corbyn that he (even to this day) was so dismissive of the shit levelled at him that he thought instead of fighting it he could just get on with the task at hand. Blinded by his own decency maybe? If only he was as good a politician as he was/is a human being. 

4 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

It seems with Corbyn that he (even to this day) was so dismissive of the shit levelled at him that he thought instead of fighting it he could just get on with the task at hand. Blinded by his own decency maybe? If only he was as good a politician as he was/is a human being. 

Read the report.

He actively intervened in some cases, that’s where it comes from.

That and the complaints procedure being a fucking sham, and Red Ken, and far too many others that were brushed aside as he didn’t have the nous to see it off.

He might not be, but they were, and that’s his failing as he, and his team, could and should have done more, but was too busy fighting fights against perceived enemies.

That goes for both sides though.

Incompetence, rigid ideology, detachment, arrogance and personal ambition without the eyes on the real prize.

Thats what the report says and it is loud and clear that all of it was a fucking shitshow, as those of us there at the time saw.

5 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:

Read the report.

That and the complaints procedure being a fucking sham, and Red Ken, and far too many others that were brushed aside as he didn’t have the nous to see it off.

He might not be, but they were, and that’s his failing as he, and his team, could and should have done more, but was too busy fighting fights against perceived enemies.

Incompetence, rigid ideology, detachment, arrogance and personal ambition without the eyes on the real prize.

Thats what the report says and it is loud and clear that all of it was a fucking shitshow, as those of us there at the time saw.

No I'll just listen to the soundbites from you and the usual twats on twitter (not calling you a twat there). 

Corbyn wasn't anti-semitic. Never has been. Anyone labelling him as that should be sued to the fucking ground. That includes publications who made up lies about him. 

This doesn't seem to vindicate either side. Things clearly needed addressing and any form of anti-semitism should have been sorted right away but Corbyn was labelled as one. That's wrong. I guess bombing children is ok as long as you can label a life-long human rights campaigner as something he isn't for your own gain. 

4 minutes ago, Captain Howdy said:

Absolute clown shoes of a political party. Wouldn’t trust them to run a school fete. Jesus things are hopeless they really are. There’s just…..nothing. Truss’s Tories or this pantomime. Depressing 

Dont worry they are more professional now, despite the Tory enablers still calling the shots and the party now being driven to the verge of bankruptcy.

3 hours ago, Bruce Spanner said:

Read the report.

Did he not intervene to speed up the expulsion of Livingstone because the lazy traitors at HO couldn't be arsed ?

8 hours ago, Bruce Spanner said:

Read the report.

I don't think I've got the stomach for the Forde report, but I did read the EHRC Report and it's worth pointing out that it confirms that

- the interference from the LOTO in the Livingstone case was intended to make the disciplinary action against him quicker and tougher

- the more general failings of the Labour Party's disciplinary system only started to be addressed when a Corbyn ally replaced a Corbyn opponent as General Secretary.

Both of these facts are usually reported as "the EHRC found that, under Corbyn's leadership, his office interfered with disciplinary cases and Labour's complaints procedure wasn't fit for purpose".  Factually correct, I suppose, but the omission of context gives an impression that's the opposite of the truth.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, sir roger said:

Did he not intervene to speed up the expulsion of Livingstone because the lazy traitors at HO couldn't be arsed ?

As always the truth is more more nuanced and Corbyn doesn't come out of it well at all which helps paint the picture, later backed up, that he didn't 'take antisemitism seriously'

That's not saying he's an anti-semite, its saying he was usless at certain aspects of leadership and one especially which is appalling when spelt out fully.

Rog, read the thing, it'll shine a light on the absolute basket case that the party was and might go some way to help you understand why poeple are so angry at Corbyn/Momentum/McNicol/Evens/Oldknow etc collectively.

Screenshot 2022-07-20 at 08.41.41.png

14 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:

As always the truth is more more nuanced and Corbyn doesn't come out of it well at all which helps paint the picture, later backed up, that he didn't 'take antisemitism seriously'

That's not saying he's an anti-semite, its saying he was usless at certain aspects of leadership and one especially which is appalling when spelt out fully.

Rog, read the thing, it'll shine a light on the absolute basket case that the party was and might go some way to help you understand why poeple are so angry at Corbyn/Momentum/McNicol/Evens/Oldknow etc collectively.

Screenshot 2022-07-20 at 08.41.41.png

Yes, it's all  ' he said/she said' shit isn't it ?

Tempted to stay away from the Starmer and Corbyn threads going forwards, as it is not my fight anymore as I have left the party and can't think of a present Labour cabinet member that I Ilke or would trust to do any good in government.

Fuck Labour. if the Lib dems weren't so shit and hadn't got into bed with the tories I'd lean more towards them. Unfortunately getting these current bastards out is all that matters. The red roses have it. The shitheads. 

7 hours ago, sir roger said:

Yes, it's all  ' he said/she said' shit isn't it ?

Tempted to stay away from the Starmer and Corbyn threads going forwards, as it is not my fight anymore as I have left the party and can't think of a present Labour cabinet member that I Ilke or would trust to do any good in government.

You can’t leave these threads, man. You’re the only person that reps my posts in them. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1