You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Someone's having a real laugh - shitcoat to Utd.

Yeah Christ don't start comparing us with the most expensive football squad in the world, truth is they've massively underachieved this season compared to what you would expect. 

Would we take what they have, well come Sunday we could effectively have that in the form of Champions League next season and some extra league prize money. More likely CL via a qualifier which is in effect what the mancs next week have but with a trophy for it. 

Yeah Christ don't start comparing us with the most expensive football squad in the world, truth is they've massively underachieved this season compared to what you would expect. 

Would we take what they have, well come Sunday we could effectively have that in the form of Champions League next season and some extra league prize money. More likely CL via a qualifier which is in effect what the mancs next week have but with a trophy for it. 

Yeah, and who wants to win a European trophy anyway!

Yup.

Remember how good the Houllier cup treble season felt?   They are 90 minutes away from that, minus the FA Cup which they're the holders of and can probably live without for a season.   

One of the reasons that season was so intoxicating was that Liverpool won nine and drew one of their last ten games, each more thrilling than the last. Let me put it this way: there won't be an equivalent of the Gary Mac song around OT next season.

One of the reasons that season was so intoxicating was that Liverpool won nine and drew one of their last ten games, each more thrilling than the last. Let me put it this way: there won't be an equivalent of the Gary Mac song around OT next season.

The net result is similar and their songs have always been shite - we'll always win the song contest.  

If they win, how can we square the circle of glorifying nights like Dortmund and then talking down their success in the same competition?

While I agree with the crux of your post I'd like to add that we won the LC in 2012 (and also reached the FA cup final) and came 2nd 2 years later and the latter season was far superior as a fan

Is that because we finished 2nd or because we almost finished 1st?

Not all 2nd place finishes are created equally.

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

The net result is similar and their songs have always been shite - we'll always win the song contest.  

If they win, how can we square the circle of glorifying nights like Dortmund and then talking down their success in the same competition?

I can't speak for everyone when I say that I am not running down their season relative to that of Liverpool. If they win on Wednesday, they'll have had a better season. I'd probably say that even if the Europa League didn't offer a path into the Champions League. However, the net result is a long way short of Liverpool's 2001 season. Any assessment of their season has to include how they have served up slop to their fans in the league. The worst home win-rate since they were last relegated? The point about the songs is that, even if they were capable of a decent chant, they wouldn't have much in the way of material.

(And yes, Liverpool fans were served up some slop as well this season. See also: nearly every other thread around here.)

Mourinho will play it like they've beaten Real, Barca, Bayern and PSG on the way, despite pretending to have no interest in the tournament a few weeks earlier.

But that is why he is a total nut job with an astounding lack of self awareness.Journalists on the whole in this country should be ashamed they are on the hole of this cunt.

I can't speak for everyone when I say that I am not running down their season relative to that of Liverpool. If they win on Wednesday, they'll have had a better season. I'd probably say that even if the Europa League didn't offer a path into the Champions League. However, the net result is a long way short of Liverpool's 2001 season. Any assessment of their season has to include how they have served up slop to their fans in the league. The worst home win-rate since they were last relegated? The point about the songs is that, even if they were capable of a decent chant, they wouldn't have much in the way of material.

(And yes, Liverpool fans were served up some slop as well this season. See also: nearly every other thread around here.)

We finished on 69 points in that season which is where they're heading.  The only real difference is that the top four has become a top six. 

Finishing 4th is far better than winning the Capital One Cup, or whatever the fuck it's called now. As for the Europa League, United can win it every season for all I care.

Daft bastard. Id have taken 6th, two cups and European cup qualification over just 4th in a heartbeat.

• Upvote 1

Would see in regularly in the Crest on the ale with Grobbalar and Craig Johnston as well as few others,they still always put a shift in come game time.

Haha very true. I remember meeting souey,nico,big al,ronnie whelan and bruce a few days before the final in rome and they were on the ale big time. Great players different era, but bottom line is that tiredness is an excuse from shitcoat as he is terrified they don't beat Ajax.

Keano tore into them the other day saying they should be ashamed of themselves. He's right. You'd swear they climbed Everest barefoot the way they are going on.

Having said that if they make the Champions League and win trophies,i think it's stupid for us to mock them.

I've never got the big deal about playing Thursday/Sunday opposed to Wednesday/Saturday, it's the same time frame it's just a stupid excuse that even we've used, it's pathetic and as for Mourinho complaining that they have to play on Sunday then the final on Wednesday and saying that the FA aren't helping them, I know the FA are wankers but why should they help anyone in a competition that doesn't concern them, their priority is the FA Cup, League Cup, Football League and the Premier League as long as they make money from them I don't think they give a flying fuck about anything else.

Daft bastard. Id have taken 6th, two cups and European cup qualification over just 4th in a heartbeat.

Even if it meant watching the standard of football served up at Old Toilet?