You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Someone's having a real laugh - shitcoat to Utd.

Pretty funny: Bloke called Varela is currently on loan from them at Eintracht Frankfurt. Was supposed to play at the DFB Cup Final on Sat but has now been suspended by Eintracht because he got himself a new tattoo on Monday that got infected now. Apparently he had agreed with their manager to wait until after the final.

Waiting for the first ever player to be ruled out due to temporary blindness caused after instagram photo shooting gone wrong.

Pretty funny: Bloke called Varela is currently on loan from them at Eintracht Frankfurt. Was supposed to play at the DFB Cup Final on Sat but has now been suspended by Eintracht because he got himself a new tattoo on Monday that got infected now. Apparently he had agreed with their manager to wait until after the final.

His last game for United was Phil rinsing him for the equaliser at Old Trafford when we knocked them out of the Europa League. That was great.

They have the most expensively assembled squad in the world and one of the most decorated managers in the world. Them not winning a trophy or two would be practically impossible. The fact that it's the Europa League and the League Cup is perfectly fine with me. 

• Upvote 1

They will buy exactly the same players they would have bought if they had missed out on CL.

They're not yet far enough off their perch to be in the same position as us, where CL is an absolute necessity to convince players to choose us over Dortmund or Atletico.  Last summer they had been out of the CL places for 2 of the past 3 years and they still bought Mkhitaryan and Pogba and signed Ibrahimovic, remember?

I genuinely don't care.  If the best Mourinho can do is sixth with that squad, then let him add another 3 or 4 big-money players.  Top players, but ones who are mostly moving to a sixth-place team for the wage packet.

They'll be in the mix for top four again, sure.  Maybe add the FA Cup or Capital One cup along the way with a bit of luck.  All I care about is that they're never again going to be the force they were under Ferguson where they swept everyone else aside on route to winning the league or finishing second every season.

We're going to have at least one major rival if we're going to fight for major trophies, it might as well be them as City or Chelsea.  And honestly, don't you kind of pity them in a strange way?  Like, not actually pity them, but maybe pity whatever vestige of humanity still remains when you become a United fan?  I have a tinge of bittersweet sadness for how they have to watch Mourinho spend billions to create a really expensive team that plays like West Brom.  Then again, it also kind of makes me laugh to think about.

• Upvote 1

Them winning the two trophies we fucked up the previous year is nowhere near 'perfectly fine' for me. They may be 'shit' in the league yet have picked up two trophies and a CL place. That is way better than a skin of your teeth 4th place finish. Blueshite behaviour.

I think you've got something there!

It's a bit small time for us to be mocking them for winning the cup.  We couldn't do it.  We need to step up significantly to stay ahead of them next year, because it a certainty that they'll improve.

It's the sort of stuff the Everton thread is choc-full of.