You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Loris Karius

Captain

I know it's revolutionary but why not give one or the other keeper a run of games? I'm assuming like most other positions on the pitch you need a few consecutive matches to get up to speed. All this changing for different competitions ain't helping keepers who aren't top class in the first place.

I think Jurgen is as confused as us and doesn't know how to handle not one but three dodgy keepers,so his answer is a juggling act. Keep them in the air(their weakest points) and hope nobody notices.

I think Jurgen is as confused as us and doesn't know how to handle not one but three dodgy keepers,so his answer is a juggling act. Keep them in the air(their weakest points) and hope nobody notices.

I'm not sure Ward deserves to be lumped into the dodgy keeper bracket just yet. He needs to play a game and make one mistake before we can do that.

• Upvote 1

I know it's revolutionary but why not give one or the other keeper a run of games? I'm assuming like most other positions on the pitch you need a few consecutive matches to get up to speed. All this changing for different competitions ain't helping keepers who aren't top class in the first place.

We don't have the luxury of crashing out of Europe to find out what we thought was a turd does actually stink. Tough school these days for any club wanting to win stuff. Not saying I like it and don't wish for calmer times but it is what it is and players hit the ground running or get binned off, Even more so for goalkeepers who have no place to hide. 

The idea that Hansen could sort that shower of shite out is laughably bad. He's been a pundit longer than a player and has no modern era experience at all. Sure the basics and staples would still be as relevant but im pretty sure if that was all it took to fix these turds you would not need Hansen.

The idea that Hansen could sort that shower of shite out is laughably bad. He's been a pundit longer than a player and has no modern era experience at all. Sure the basics and staples would still be as relevant but im pretty sure if that was all it took to fix these turds you would not need Hansen.

The whole idea that you should have a deficated coach for the defending side of the game is debatable. Defence and attack is closely linked, and can't be treated as separate issues.

To have someone in the coaching team with special skills on defensive organisation would still be valuable of course, but I fully agree that bringing in someone who's been out of the game for decades is a very odd idea.

I am certain that all we need to do is buy better defenders...defenders who have better concentration levels, better awareness, better decision making and are stronger physically and mentally.

Saldy it seems the club don't feel the same otherwise they would have done it by now.

I am certain that all we need to do is buy better defenders...defenders who have better concentration levels, better awareness, better decision making and are stronger physically and mentally.

Saldy it seems the club don't feel the same otherwise they would have done it by now.

Separate issue from the keepers imo. Our goalkeepers generally have very little do and still cost us points,  They are just not good enough   

Separate issue from the keepers imo. Our goalkeepers generally have very little do and still cost us points, They are just not good enough

What they do have to do though is often because they are left with little chance due to the clown show in front of them.

Although to be honest i was just talking about us defensively generally not just keepers (probably in wrong thread but talk seemed to have headed that way)

What they do have to do though is often because they are left with little chance due to the clown show in front of them.

Although to be honest i was just talking about us defensively generally not just keepers (probably in wrong thread but talk seemed to have headed that way)

Schmeichel probably the best keeper of the PL era could pick his nose for 90 minutes and pull off a world class save to win the the game,  Our clowns don't have the concentration levels required let alone the ability, If it had been me this summer I would have gone out and bought the best possible keeper we could get with the money available before we wasted a second pining after VVD

Schmeichel probably the best keeper of the PL era could pick his nose for 90 minutes and pull off a world class save to win the the game, Our clowns don't have the concentration levels required let alone the ability, If it had been me this summer I would have gone out and bought the best possible keeper we could get with the money available before we wasted a second pining after VVD

Aye.

Don't get me wrong - our keepers are not good enough.

But they are also exposed badly by the mediocrity in front of them

I'm not sure Ward deserves to be lumped into the dodgy keeper bracket just yet. He needs to play a game and make one mistake before we can do that.

Not great at Huddersfield to be honest so not exactly top class in my book,but you're correct that he deserves a chance to prove himself one way or another.