You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Tottenham Hotspur (h)

Hand Shandy

So many misplaced passes from both sets of toilers. Pure effort and absolutely fuck all else. I don't see how anyone can say this was a good or even decent game of football. If it was Sunday morning on the Bill Shankly playing field it might be termed acceptable. As a Premier League game it was shite. But then the Premier League is shite

So many misplaced passes from both sets of toilers. Pure effort and absolutely fuck all else. I don't see how anyone can say this was a good or even decent game of football. If it was Sunday morning on the Bill Shankly playing field it might be termed acceptable. As a Premier League game it was shite. But then the Premier League is shite

couldnt disagree more that was everything that was great about premier league football.

• Upvote 1

Us and Spurs are both genuinely very good at pressing so of course it was going to be difficult for both teams when they had possession of the ball. There is a general lack of midfield quality in the Premier League but I don't think you could fault either team today in terms of technical quality.

Us and Spurs are both genuinely very good at pressing so of course it was going to be difficult for both teams when they had possession of the ball. There is a general lack of midfield quality in the Premier League but I don't think you could fault either team today in terms of technical quality.

Contrast our game to El Classico in terms of technical quality and it is not even remotely close.
  • Upvote 1

It was a good game of football - intense, frenetic, high-paced.

When a game is played at that pace, the quality of the players is revealed more clearly as there is nowhere to hide, so quick thinking/movement/passing is required.  There is no let up, and flaws are revealed more readily.

The truth is that it was evident that Spurs have quality all over the park, whereas we have it in patches.

I can't believe anyone would prefer a Spanish league game to that.

I remember Channel 4 bringing Italian footy to British shores in the 90s when it was widely regarded as the best league in Europe.  It was as dull as ditch water.  Chess in shorts.

I like later reflecting on the tactics as I like that side of the game, but you can't beat fast paced games for bringing what I love about footy to the fore.

It was a good game of football - intense, frenetic, high-paced.

When a game is played at that pace, the quality of the players is revealed more clearly as there is nowhere to hide, so quick thinking/movement/passing is required.  There is no let up, and flaws are revealed more readily.

The truth is that it was evident that Spurs have quality all over the park, whereas we have it in patches.

I can't believe anyone would prefer a Spanish league game to that.

I remember Channel 4 bringing Italian footy to British shores in the 90s when it was widely regarded as the best league in Europe.  It was as dull as ditch water.  Chess in shorts.

I like later reflecting on the tactics as I like that side of the game, but you can't beat fast paced games for bringing what I love about footy to the fore.

Have to say I agree with this although I didn't watch 90's italian footy, I still don't watch much of it now for the same reason as it's not as entertaining as the premier league.

Watching El Clasico today was fun enough I suppose, it certainly wasn't the spectacle it's billed as but it wasn't terribly boring. Just a difference pace of play really and certainly not as entertaining as our game for me but then I don't have a vested interest there either. I can't stand Real but Barca aren't too much better for me either anymore. The main difference between them really is that Madrid will usually just pay whatever ridiculous fee is asked of them whereas Barca will fuck about trying to nickel and dime a club whilst the obviously tapped up player pretty blatantly pines for them and usually end up paying less than they probably should.

Anyways regarding our game I think we should've won. Kane's finish was great sure but we had a few chances we should've taken much better. Lloris also bailed them out a few times, if we swapped Keepers we'd have won that fairly comfortably I'd say as I don't think Simon makes all of those saves Lloris did. It's apparent that we need a clinical striker who can stay fit. Sturridge likely isn't that man mainly because of the latter, but that still impacts the former as after every lay off he needs time to get going again which is fair enough but we simply can't rely on him so if that means he wants out then so be it. Really the game was just a highlight of what we already know. We have enough quality to trouble the best sides in the league and on our day beat teams we should have no business beating but the consistency isn't always there, sometimes within the same game. The only way to address that is training and investment. The good news is that we have a very good manager for the training part and the rumours we're seeing suggest the manager sees the same flaws and has identified the same positions most of us think we need improving on. So unless we're all idiots (entirely possible) the summer window should be a good one, providing we can secure our targets of course.

• Upvote 1

A good game. Not great or fabulous and not shite.

But it was spoilt by an inconsistent shite ref and his team. Did they get any decision right?

It was one of those games where a draw was probably the right result but, if we had won you'd think we deserved it and if we had lost, we'd have deserved that.

Despite some criticising him for kane's equaliser, I thought Lovren was superb and a clear candidate for MoTM.

Sakho on the other hand was an absolute clown. Anyone who thinks this lad is class needs to give their head a wobble. This wasnt just his one poor game.

The number of times we carelessly played the ball across our own 18 yards area with spurs pressing was bother astounding and disappointing. Dont some player learn?

Mignolet was in good form and was almost the equal of Lloris in this game. One save from Lallana(?) by Lloris showed why he's a top keeper.

Why is it our midfield, milner, lallana, henderson and can go steaming into tackles and rarely come away with the ball? Im sick of seeing milner especially steam into tackles and go past the player and ball ending up his arse while the oppo gets away?

David Blane, what can you say about the lad/ If that had been Suarez who'd just travelled 13000 miles, got back at the club Thursday and scored what should have been the winner, people on here would be jizzing all over their pc \ laptop screens in excitement.

That some people want this lad sold leaves me in utter disbelief but, they are here.

Sturridge looked like he couldnt be arsed all game. In the first 20, he was ambling around like a homeless soul looking for a doorway to kip in. His one on one with lloris summed him up. He really should have burried that header too.

And what's with this slow, 'Im pissed off' walk when he's being subbed? Fucking give yer head a wobble danny. man up or fuck off.

Harry Kane looks a striker in the ascendency. The way he took his goal really was class.

Next in the league is stoke and it will be interesting to see how much the Dortmund game will take out of us when we face those knuckle draggers.

• Upvote 1