You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Old People Driving

Rico1304

Whilst out and about driving I never see old people sat at traffic lights or even driving on busy roads looking at their mobile phones, it's always the young ones as it seems they can't get by without checking in on their social network sites every fucking 2 minutes

Yep

Hear they are going to rack up the penalties for using mobile whilst driving. I disagree with a lot of the speed traps designed to make money but cunts that use phones should be harshly treated and it should be as socially unacceptable as drinking, I know someone that was very seriously injured by some kid mounting a kerb whilst on the phone

Its social  media these pricks are accessing most of the time . 

• Upvote 1

There are loads of people driving on British roads without a British driving licence.  There are loads of Asians, for example, who have effectively just bought their licence in their country of origin without taking a test.

Islamaphobe.

There was a huge racket going on in Manchester with the same bloke taking people's test, frightening that people could even contemplate it. Some of the private cabs in Manchester are shocking, there's no way they've passed,a test.

Islamaphobe.

There was a huge racket going on in Manchester with the same bloke taking people's test, frightening that people could even contemplate it. Some of the private cabs in Manchester are shocking, there's no way they've passed,a test.

They should be confiscating vehicles if cunts are driving around on hooky licenses . Amazes me we don't take cars and bikes off serious offenders. If they had a knife you wouldn't be giving that back to them after they had been nicked and prosecuted  

• Upvote 1

They should be confiscating vehicles if cunts are driving around on hooky licenses . Amazes me we don't take cars and bikes off serious offenders. If they had a knife you wouldn't be giving that back to them after they had been nicked and prosecuted  

I always assumed they would.  Or at least fine them so much that they'd have to sell the bugger.

• 1 month later...

The road into the town I live in is quite long and has a 60mph limit with only two small sections of dual carriageway. God forbid you get stuck behind an old dear on there. The worst part is when they're crawling along doing forty and as they approach the one and only speed camera they slow down to thirty as they pass it. It's fucking infuriating.

The road into the town I live in is quite long and has a 60mph limit with only two small sections of dual carriageway. God forbid you get stuck behind an old dear on there. The worst part is when they're crawling along doing forty and as they approach the one and only speed camera they slow down to thirty as they pass it. It's fucking infuriating.

Rather that then getting caught in front of one.

It is well known that as you age your eyesight, reaction times, memory and perception of speed all fail. Of course lots of other faculties fail too.

So knowing this nobody thought it might be an idea to introduce some form of testing of the older drivers in order to ensure they were not a threat to others on the road. No instead they decided on the proven 'honour system' where older people are given the choice to sell their car and instead stand in the cold and pissing rain and use unreliable and intimidating public transport.

What could possibly go wrong? 

It is well known that as you age your eyesight, reaction times, memory and perception of speed all fail. Of course lots of other faculties fail too.

So knowing this nobody thought it might be an idea to introduce some form of testing of the older drivers in order to ensure they were not a threat to others on the road. No instead they decided on the proven 'honour system' where older people are given the choice to sell their car and instead stand in the cold and pissing rain and use unreliable and intimidating public transport.

What could possibly go wrong? 

Got to smile at shit like this when the 18 to 35 age group of male drivers form the ones with the majority of speeding conviction, drink driving and accidents etc. The question should be, shouldnt these age groups be regularly re tested?

• Upvote 3

Got to smile at shit like this when the 18 to 35 age group of male drivers form the ones with the majority of speeding conviction, drink driving and accidents etc. The question should be, shouldnt these age groups be regularly re tested?

In a thread about old people driving what the fuck did you expect? Go and start a 18-35 male drivers thread and let's see what we can add to that.

In fact, off topic... A large majority of 18-35 male drivers are absolute bell ends and YES they should be re tested if they continually commit road traffic offences. 

The vast majority of old drivers are not absolute bell ends, they are simply 'due to their age' not actually competent to be on the road. Because of the alternatives they continue to drive anyway, I don't blame them but I do think more should be done to get them off the road. Just as I do the absolute bell ends that are either male or female that cannot fucking drive.