You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Watford Away - Sunday 20th Dec 1.30pm

Paco

Don'r forget they bought the lad in your avatar as well who is the same sort....

Why the fuck we bought Lallana and him i'll never know.

Beyond stupid.

I can see why we bought Lallana . Big fish in a little pond down at Southampton and he looked a player .Right age to take on that midfield general role from Stevie and was probably in line for the captaincy . He just hasn't grown in stature which is a pity; plenty on here were please we signed him. Mind you it was an achievement when Ayre signed anyone back then

Markovic is fine. He's only 21 and has the pace and technique to offer us something different and compliment the other attacking players. We would look miles better with Lazar on the left, Ibe on the right and one of Coutinho, Lallana or Firmino through the middle.

I was always fine with his signing. Lallana on the other hand was a hindenburg of a signing

Had a feeling you might say that on Markovic!

Let's agree to disagree about that one.

Lallana was one of the most nonsensical signings of all time. The guy made his first top flight appearance at the age of 24, then had one good season 2 years later and Rodgers decides that's enough for him to cost 25 mill? Absolutely dreadful. Not to mention we were already deep in attacking midfield with Coutinho and Sterling 

• Upvote 1

I can see why we bought Lallana . Big fish in a little pond down at Southampton and he looked a player .Right age to take on that midfield general role from Stevie and was probably in line for the captaincy . He just hasn't grown in stature which is a pity; plenty on here were please we signed him. Mind you it was an achievement when Ayre signed anyone back then

I don't think even our scouts would have thought this.

• Upvote 3

I was a massive Markovic fan when he signed but let's be honest, there is little to suggest he's yet another bad shithouse and a monumental waste of cash. Just because he was played in the 'wrong position', doesn't excuse some of his shitbaggery from last season.

I would love it if he came back and hit the ground running in a revamped Klopp side next season, but whenever I see him mentioned these days, 'clutching at straws' is the expression that comes to mind first.

I was a massive Markovic fan when he signed but let's be honest, there is little to suggest he's yet another bad shithouse and a monumental waste of cash. Just because he was played in the 'wrong position', doesn't excuse some of his shitbaggery from last season.

I would love it if he came back and hit the ground running in a revamped Klopp side next season, but whenever I see him mentioned these days, 'clutching at straws' is the expression that comes to mind first.

I thought he was poor last season but at the end of the day we payed 20 mill for a 20 year old player and he needs the time to prove his talent. I'm not normally a fan of the "all they need is time" excuse but with Markovic the club needs to afford him that because there is no one else at the club who possesses the attributes he has 

I agree, mate, but he disappointed me so much that it makes me wonder if he'll ever get to the top of his game and fulfill his potential. The going missing in games, the infinite sideways passes, the unwillingness to go past a man- these are things, regardless of position, that really make me doubt the lad. The clip that went viral the other week of him being knocked down and throwing his hands up in front of his face summed it up. In the cold light of day, his mentality is just as suspect as some of the usual lot that people are quick to point out.

As I said, I would love it if he came back reinvigorated and, yeah, I agree we're not in the position to flush a £20m down the bog so easily, just I'm not full of the same confidence as when we signed him.

I thought Hendo was by far out best midfielder today.

Yes,me too.

I'm afraid Stringy has a real blindspot when it comes to Henderson,even when he plays well( which was not necessarily so today,just the best of a bad bunch.) 

I am not a fan of some players,Joe Allen for example,but I do recognise that he deserves credit for his better performances.

Being weak physically and mentally is something we have more than enough of.

I don't know about you but I don't really give a crap about a winger/attacking midfielder's physical strength. Not really something that's essential for the position. As for being mentally weak, there's no real proof of that being the case, maybe if you provide examples than ill concede that 

I don't know about you but I don't really give a crap about a winger/attacking midfielder's physical strength. Not really something that's essential for the position. As for being mentally weak, there's no real proof of that being the case, maybe if you provide examples than ill concede that

Well the physical strength often means they don't get pushed off the ball easily - something Markovic was often.

The mental side is about looking and being confident and trying things rather than going missing or just opting for simple sideways passes, again things Markovic did plenty of times last season.

Cowering on the floor when being pushed over suggests he may be a bit of a shithouse as well.

All that said he is young and let's see what happens.

I'd love to be wrong about the lad.

• Upvote 1

Fuck it.

Sign Charlie Austin.

There. I said it.

Slightly shit unfancied players are the next big thing-

Read- Vardy, Pelle, Mahrez, Igahlo, Payet, Bolasie

Hate to admit it, but I said the same thing to one of the Manc lads in work last week. I'd much rather have wasted £12-15m on Austin, than £32.5m on Big Ben!

Yes, of course it's a factor. He was a number 10 with two holding midfielders behind him, playing for a side that would happily finish 10th. But all moneyball said is that he scored a dozen goals or whatever it was. So we bought him and assumed he'd score a dozen goals for us.

That's the problem when the club is run by spackers.

The recruitment, you would assume, would take into account a players strengths and what it takes to bring the best out of them. I know even marines scouts do this.

That said, Madrid don't seem to.

Today was our recruitment catching up with us. So much shite in our team, and you can include Lucas in that.

if you go a goal down in a game and you think thats it we ve lost when theres 87 mins plus stoppage time left to play then there is something desperately wrong.

I wasnt thinking that but it looks like the players were and have been for the last season and a half. we make a mistake and we crumble.

its gonna take klopp 3 windows to put together his team but we shouldnt write off this season with a league cup semi final and europa league progress to be made plus fa cup and the race for 4th is still there even though I dont think we can get it as it just has that look about it that we might get close at times but never actually break into it.

still plenty to play for and a run of 5 wins still transforns things.

the players need to get their act together though. Leicester are gonna show them up badly this weekend if they dont.

The recruitment, you would assume, would take into account a players strengths and what it takes to bring the best out of them. I know even marines scouts do this.

That said, Madrid don't seem to.

Today was our recruitment catching up with us. So much shite in our team, and you can include Lucas in that.

I think as individuals most of them aren't terrible footballers, but as a "group" you'd struggle to find a bigger collection of thick, spineless, losers. It's remarkable that it's been allowed to happen.

• Upvote 3