You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Klopp Kopped.

thompsonsnose

Borussia Dortmund CEO Hans-Joachim Watzke has thanked Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp for his crusade against ‘the sheikhs’. 

Klopp, who was appointed the manager of Liverpool following the sacking of Brendan Rodgers last month, had a slow start to life at Anfield. However, the Reds decimated oil-rich Manchester City this Saturday in their own backyard with a stupendous display.

Brazilian duo Roberto Firmino and Philippe Coutinho were in inspirational form as Klopp’s side beat the Citizens 4-1.

The German has been lauded by fans and pundits for the recent change in attitude and playing style within the club and many feel that Liverpool’s long wait for a Premier League title could finally come to an end under Klopp. 

image: http://www.insidefutbol.com/wp-content/plugins/wp-mobile-detector/timthumb.php?src=http%3A%2F%2Fxyz.insidefutbol.com%2Fimages%2FLiverpool_Jurgen_Klopp12_594.jpg&w=320

Klopp made a reputation for himself during his time with Borussia Dortmund for coming trumps against bigger, richer clubs. He won back-to-back Bundesliga titles and challenged the supremacy of Bayern Munich.

Klopp’s Dortmund also got the better of Real Madrid en-route to the Champions League final in 2013/14, where they eventually lost to Bayern Munich.

And Watzke has urged his former manager to continue the fight of the ‘working man’s club’ against the rich clubs.

"Thank you for continuing the fight of the classic working man's club against the sheikhs!" Watzke said via Bild.

Klopp left Dortmund after failing to help the club qualify for the Champions League last term by virtue of a seventh placed finish.

Read more: http://www.insidefutbol.com/2015/11/24/thanks-jurgen-klopp-for-fighting-against-sheikhs-for-working-mans-clubs-dortmund-ceo/253737/#ixzz3sQyO6LdQ

Read more at http://www.insidefutbol.com/2015/11/24/thanks-jurgen-klopp-for-fighting-against-sheikhs-for-working-mans-clubs-dortmund-ceo/253737/#ggTHO67gbbqKKGVr.99

quote name="bonesman" post="4319443" timestamp="1448379649"]

Dortmund CEO Hans - Joachaim - Watzke has thanked Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp for his crusade against the sheiks.

Soz it wont let me post the article, they seem to have disabled copy and paste somehow.

Its worth a read though..

here you go mate...

• Upvote 2

Since Kazan away we have seen Klopps impact on the team, before that I don't think we did despite most fans praising Klopp at the time.In fact before those games I was losing belief in the team, Rubin at home was poor and Southampton at home was the worst performance of the season.We couldn't break down Southampton and looked clueless in attack, we scored from a high ball in from Milner and after that Southampton decided to attack and it was clear they would score even with only ten minutes left, our defensive record was shit under BR but I can't remember expecting to concede like I did against Southampton.The crowd was fully behind the team in those games unlike the start of the season and there wasn't big pressure, considering that and the poor performances I was concerned and questioning players.

Teams that sit back and are organised are still a problem for LFC and Klopp needs to find the answer, the squad left behind by BR isn't looking as bad nowadays considering the result on Saturday and the players we had on the bench.Mignolet is the one player who we need a clear upgrade on, after that I'd say Lucas is the most replaceable despite his good form, we could do with a wide player with goals in him but players are performing in those positions and we have Ibe who needs games.

• Downvote 10

Mate... Shut the fuck up. You don't remember expecting to concede goals in games when Rodgers was manager? Are you fucking real. Even at our best under him the one thing you could be sure of was us conceding goals.

I don't remember a time under BR where we got to the last ten minutes against a team and I felt sure we were going to concede, Klopp even said after the game he could feel it in the stadium

that everyone was expecting us to concede.The only occasion I can remember is probably the palace 3-3 game when it got to 3-2, Im not even sure on that as the team was excellent at that time so I may have expected them to hang on.

As I said from Kazan away we have seen clear progress, I have belief in players again and am impressed with what Klopp has done tactically.I stayed away during that period as I knew I would be accused of trolling if I said it but that's how I felt, under BR against Norwich where it was 1-1 there were excuses for the team as the crowd was appalling and adding pressure, against Kazan and Southampton those excuses weren't there.

• Downvote 5

Since Kazan away we have seen Klopps impact on the team, before that I don't think we did despite most fans praising Klopp at the time.In fact before those games I was losing belief in the team, Rubin at home was poor and Southampton at home was the worst performance of the season.We couldn't break down Southampton and looked clueless in attack, we scored from a high ball in from Milner and after that Southampton decided to attack and it was clear they would score even with only ten minutes left, our defensive record was shit under BR but I can't remember expecting to concede like I did against Southampton.The crowd was fully behind the team in those games unlike the start of the season and there wasn't big pressure, considering that and the poor performances I was concerned and questioning players.

Teams that sit back and are organised are still a problem for LFC and Klopp needs to find the answer, the squad left behind by BR isn't looking as bad nowadays considering the result on Saturday and the players we had on the bench.Mignolet is the one player who we need a clear upgrade on, after that I'd say Lucas is the most replaceable despite his good form, we could do with a wide player with goals in him but players are performing in those positions and we have Ibe who needs games.

Posted Image

• Upvote 1

I don't remember a time under BR where we got to the last ten minutes against a team and I felt sure we were going to concede, Klopp even said after the game he could feel it in the stadium

that everyone was expecting us to concede.The only occasion I can remember is probably the palace 3-3 game when it got to 3-2, Im not even sure on that as the team was excellent at that time so I may have expected them to hang on.

As I said from Kazan away we have seen clear progress, I have belief in players again and am impressed with what Klopp has done tactically.I stayed away during that period as I knew I would be accused of trolling if I said it but that's how I felt, under BR against Norwich where it was 1-1 there were excuses for the team as the crowd was appalling and adding pressure, against Kazan and Southampton those excuses weren't there.

Posted Image

• Upvote 1

thats because we would usually be 3 down by 80 mins and the oppo would have no need to attack. stop being a belwiff brendan you got sacked, get over it and fuck off.

• Upvote 2

I can get on board with the broad sweep of what JP is saying. Klopp came in, slower start, now we are starting to really see progress. Obviously that main point is being lost in the details though, and people are jumping on the not expecting to concede under Brendan thing (the door was left wide open for that!)

But the main point stands. It's all good!

And the three players I hope we might sign in positions JP mentioned:

Ter Stegen - not getting a look in at Barcelona.

Sane - fast, wider player, got goals in him.

Neves - to learn from, and then replace Lucas. (Not an out and out defensive midfielder, more a deep lying playmaker).

We would normally concede pretty soon after scoring, didn't bother waiting until the last 10 minutes. It happened in a hell of a lot of games this season. I know I was not alone in expecting us to not hold on 0 1 at Goodison until half time, despite scoring 41 minutes into the first half.

Remember when we lost at home 3-0 to West Ham? Me neither, that Southampton game though....

No shortage of games to choose in the last 6 months is there

Liverpool 1 Palace 3

Stoke 6 Liverpool 1

Hmm But no lets talk about the THIRD game our new manager was in charge for.

If JP  isnt Brendan, he must be related to come out with this drivel.

giphy.gif

....try every single game last season.

• Upvote 2

I'm going to take a punt here and say that most people might pick getting thumped by West Ham at home rather than drawing with Southampton was a worse performance.

Two goals were given to West Ham on a plate by individual mistakes, after that the crowd was on the players backs and there was no belief we could get back on the game.Horrible performance yes but I can see the reasons why it happened, teams have off days but I'm not excusing that performance.

The two games I mentioned were Klopps first at anfield in the Europa league and prem, the crowd was up for both games and were supporting the players throughout even when they made mistakes.Both were as bad as West Ham we just didn't give them a 2-0 lead through individual mistakes,let's remember we drew with Rubin at home with our first 11 out, BR got heavily criticised for drawing at home with the team top of our group who beat Rubin when we had our reserves playing.I was more disappointed after these games as there was no excuses for the players and they should have been up for it.

• Downvote 3

Two goals were given to West Ham on a plate by individual mistakes, after that the crowd was on the players backs and there was no belief we could get back on the game.Horrible performance yes but I can see the reasons why it happened, teams have off days but I'm not excusing that performance.

The two games I mentioned were Klopps first at anfield in the Europa league and prem, the crowd was up for both games and were supporting the players throughout even when they made mistakes.Both were as bad as West Ham we just didn't give them a 2-0 lead through individual mistakes,let's remember we drew with Rubin at home with our first 11 out, BR got heavily criticised for drawing at home with the team top of our group who beat Rubin when we had our reserves playing.I was more disappointed after these games as there was no excuses for the players and they should have been up for it.

Walking out of Anfield after West Ham was when I knew 100% Rodgers was finished.

Worst performance I've ever seen from us, and I've seen shit loads.

• Upvote 1