You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Klopp Kopped.

thompsonsnose

Genuinely believe Jurgen needs to tone down his expectations regarding the players and go back to the basics even if it means our progress takes longer. I don't think he's wrong when he say we have some players with nice technical (Cout, Sturridge, Lallana) and physical attributes (Can, Sakho, Benteke) and a few other hard workers (Milner, Ings), but one thing that's clear throughout the squad is the lack of tactical intelligence. It seems that all the players have understood from the Klopp system is to run a lot, run fast and play fast. 

The truth is that's a far cry from how Dortmund played. Dortmund hardly ever closed down opposition centre-backs high up the pitch. They would usually just cut the passing options in the middle and forced the centre-backs to pass outwide. Only then will they close down the full backs in numbers. At the moment, too many of our players seem intent to make individual sprints to press the opposition and completely distorting the team's shape in the process.

But, the biggest difference with Dortmund is what we do with possession. Dortmund was absolutely brilliant at seamlessly switching from slow composed build-up play from the back to direct quick counter-attacks when they win the ball high up the pitch. At their best, they always displayed that calming confidence that they would break down the opposition eventually. Unfortunately, our play is anything but composed. It's all far too rushed. Moreno and Clyne were bombing forward like headless chickens in the first half leaving us exposed at the back when only one of them should be doing so based on whether the play is developing on the left or right. A decent counter-attacking team would have murdered us in that first half. And, our midfielders are still too wide apart when they should be forming close triangles to play around the opposition. 

Still too much of Rodgers influence in that squad unfortunately. I would personally include a shitload of video sessions of Dortmund and similar teams during the week as it's quite clear the players are struggling to come to terms with what's expected of them tactically. If they are still struggling come January, get rid and start the rebuilding process.

• Downvote 1

Jurgen will defo be a success here, no doubt,imo.

Roll on January!

The last manager brought in his old charge Allen to impress his ideas on the rest of the squad.

I look forward to see who that man will be for Jurgen.

Also looking forward to see who his player to "excite the fans" will be. Some task finding a more exciting player than Borini.

• Upvote 1

Genuinely believe Jurgen needs to tone down his expectations regarding the players and go back to the basics even if it means our progress takes longer. I don't think he's wrong when he say we have some players with nice technical (Cout, Sturridge, Lallana) and physical attributes (Can, Sakho, Benteke) and a few other hard workers (Milner, Ings), but one thing that's clear throughout the squad is the lack of tactical intelligence. It seems that all the players have understood from the Klopp system is to run a lot, run fast and play fast. 

The truth is that's a far cry from how Dortmund played. Dortmund hardly ever closed down opposition centre-backs high up the pitch. They would usually just cut the passing options in the middle and forced the centre-backs to pass outwide. Only then will they close down the full backs in numbers. At the moment, too many of our players seem intent to make individual sprints to press the opposition and completely distorting the team's shape in the process.

But, the biggest difference with Dortmund is what we do with possession. Dortmund was absolutely brilliant at seamlessly switching from slow composed build-up play from the back to direct quick counter-attacks when they win the ball high up the pitch. At their best, they always displayed that calming confidence that they would break down the opposition eventually. Unfortunately, our play is anything but composed. It's all far too rushed. Moreno and Clyne were bombing forward like headless chickens in the first half leaving us exposed at the back when only one of them should be doing so based on whether the play is developing on the left or right. A decent counter-attacking team would have murdered us in that first half. And, our midfielders are still too wide apart when they should be forming close triangles to play around the opposition. 

You are the coach we should have got

• Upvote 2

One of those games last night you can see what they guy is trying to do but it is going to take time....just have to be very patient.

What's upsetting is the money we spunked on players by a manager who everyone knew was a dead man walking....In the summer we needed a new forward , new centre midfield players a new goalie and new full backs....In the coming summer we will still need roughly the same...

It's a funny old game as someone once said 

Seems a lot were taking the piss about my comments on here but it looks like I was right about the spurs game proving nothing.

I wasn't being arrogant, I didn't see the game and only heard positives but from what I saw we were lucky and things could have been very different of spurs had scored.When Neville backed up what I said it confirmed to me that I was talking some sense about it.

To the guy who asked me do I go games, no not regularly but I don't think that has anything to do with whether I know about football.Rafa regularly prepared to play against teams by watching them on TV, if anyone does have tickets available in the future let me know especially for London games as I would like to see LFC live more regularly.

• Downvote 6

Seems a lot were taking the piss about my comments on here but it looks like I was right about the spurs game proving nothing.

I wasn't being arrogant, I didn't see the game and only heard positives but from what I saw we were lucky and things could have been very different of spurs had scored.When Neville backed up what I said it confirmed to me that I was talking some sense about it.

To the guy who asked me do I go games, no not regularly but I don't think that has anything to do with whether I know about football.Rafa regularly prepared to play against teams by watching them on TV, if anyone does have tickets available in the future let me know especially for London games as I would like to see LFC live more regularly.

At this point two games means as much as one game. If anyone seriously thought Klopp would breeze in and we'd start smashing teams left right and centre they are sadly well wide of the mark.

• Upvote 4

Rodgers left the worst Liverpool squad in memory with no top class players, so yes it will take plenty of time.

• Upvote 1

Rodgers left the worst Liverpool squad in memory with no top class players, so yes it will take plenty of time.

I think thats a wee bit unfair on Rodgers, the squad has some undeniable quality. Some poor players too to be fair. 

What he has left though is a team who haven't been organized or setup properly for well over a year now. And the net result of that is a complete and total void where confidence should be. 

They just need a lot of hard work.