You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Roberto Firmino

WhiskeyJar

Agree with the above. He's got a fantastic attitude towards playing and I can never question his effort as he always puts a shift in.

I thought he was fantastic today. Never stopped. He was everywhere, running them ragged.

Should have put that chance away though, as a goal was the only thing missing from a top class display today.

He did really well for the 3rd which was the pivotal ģoal in the match.

His workrate is a bit special. You look at his tats and teeth and hair and dress sense and Instagram nonsense and you assume he's just a fancy twat who's up his own arse. But then, week in week out, he puts in such a shift doing the unglamorous stuff as well as the magic that you can forgive everything.

What are you doing on his Instagram?

I thought Instagram was just a vehicle we use to track Natlie Sawyer's movements?

Will be an Achilles heel at the top level unless he scores more goals.

Salah’s putting the food on the table, but we can’t pretend he can continue scoring at this rate.

Nah mate - you are wrong. Benzema is accepted as he leads to Ronaldo scoring so many. 4th goal tonight he takes the players with him - when Salah hits 25, Firminio will be the reason.

Well that's only bollox.

In your opinion.

Just because he's played very well in the last few games doesnt mean he wasnt below par previously for a few games too. The ridiculousness of 'because we won all is right with the team and its players' and vice versa when we lose is why we,as a fanbase,have become as bad as all the other sky generation PL fans.

Getting back to Firmino,he's got back to form in the last couple of games but had a poor spell beforehand. No idea why people cannot accept that our players don't walk on water and still have weaknesses,otherwise we'd be sitting top of the league I'm sure.

• Upvote 1

We have so many frustrating players and he tops the list.

When he’s doing things like that controlled turn for Oxlade-Chamberlain’s goal he looks world class, that was about as good as it gets. Then he’ll go on a brilliantly powerful run and scuff the shot, when he’s on song he makes our attack unplayable but when he’s not the ball bounces off his knee, shin and he never looks like he’s going to score.

Like others have said I’d like to see him as the No.10 in a 4-2-3-1 behind a similar but more clinical striker who’s on the same wavelength as him.

• Upvote 1

We have so many frustrating players and he tops the list.

When he’s doing things like that controlled turn for Oxlade-Chamberlain’s goal he looks world class, that was about as good as it gets. Then he’ll go on a brilliantly powerful run and scuff the shot, when he’s on song he makes our attack unplayable but when he’s not the ball bounces off his knee, shin and he never looks like he’s going to score.

Like others have said I’d like to see him as the No.10 in a 4-2-3-1 behind a similar but more clinical striker who’s on the same wavelength as him.

Wouldn’t be a bad shout him dropping back into the 3 when Phil goes alongside salah and mane with a top class striker like aubameyang or a very promising Werner in front of him. Keta, van dijk and a top top keeper could give us that solidity it looks like we’re working towards now.

Can’t see us getting any of them in January but if we can keep our current winning form and discipline going for the next 10 - 15 games then who knows.

Roberto Firmino has essentially said that Liverpool are basically just like watching Brazil.

Firmino has enjoyed a fine start to the season, scoring seven goals and assisting a further four in 17 games for Liverpool.

He has featured less frequently for Brazil, starting just one of their last seven games, but remains a key fixture of the squad under manager Tite.

The forward has compared Brazil’s playing style to that of Liverpool.

“I think the Brazil system is similar to the one we use at Liverpool, with lots of movement, players open out wide and quality midfielders who join the attack and score goals,” he told The Independent.

“It’s different: the game is quicker, but very physical at the same time. I think my game is suited to it because I’m fast and I know how to use my strength. My team-mates play an important part in that, because we seek to complement each other’s games.

“It helps having Coutinho with me. He’s a ‘differential’ who helps swing games. The fact we’re together day to day at Liverpool means we have a good understanding, so we can use that in Brazil games. Coutinho is a friend and also a great player. He’s got incredible passing ability; he knows how to put attackers in on goal.”

• Upvote 1

Involved in everything again. If only that last one had gone in. Would’ve capped a great display. You have to love this pissed cunts work ethic. Dirk Kuyt on ayahuasca

Dirk Kuyt with more quality and skills. Instrumental to the way we play, and to the win today. Still you’ll get plenty of people that completely fail to see this.

• Upvote 1

Has been excellent of late and his early season patchy form has been put aside recently. Like others have said,a few more goals wouldn't go amiss but this is down to how we dont use a traditional goalscorer in the role. I still think a Fowler type player would score a bagfull of goals in this team. Will Firmino take Coutinho's role next season?

I thought he played very well yesterday, he did a lot of running and tried to make things happen. Lets not pretend this happens in every game though - he often looks feckless and uninterested. He needs to play like he did yesterday more often.

Nah, he plays like that more often than not. Just needs to be able to put a few more chances, and particularly half chances, away.

His work rate and tenacity was spot on yesterday.

He is never gonna be a prolific goalscorer, that isn't his main strength but he is absolutely key in helping us become a prolific goalscoring side.

A goal scoring center forward would be key in us becoming a prolific goalscoring side