You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The Official Raheem Sterling Thread (Part 412)

bouncebrigade

Cutting inside and playing it into the middle probably counts as a successful one on one, can't recall him taking on someone in a wide position very often

Can't recall him ever looking decent when Suarez wasn't there to open up space for him

Totally disagree with this mate. Both Chelsea legs he was great and was our only attacking threat at times during that purple patch.

Selling him for £50m is purely on the basis of what he might do and to be honest he might be worth double that in a few years but he could just as easily be worth a fraction of it.

If I look in to my crystal balls I foresee that we'll negotiate a handsome fee that will look a lot less handsome once we've spent it and he'll look better with top players around him but lacks the mentality to make it to a Bale level.

He'll never be sold for what we sell him for and a cash cow like City with its revolving door policy will only fuel his greed and dull his desire.

He'll have 12 more kids and beat his wife Ike Turner style.

Selling him for £50m is purely on the basis of what he might do and to be honest he might be worth double that in a few years but he could just as easily be worth a fraction of it.

If I look in to my crystal balls I foresee that we'll negotiate a handsome fee that will look a lot less handsome once we've spent it and he'll look better with top players around him but lacks the mentality to make it to a Bale level.

He'll never be sold for what we sell him for and a cash cow like City with its revolving door policy will only fuel his greed and dull his desire.

He'll have 12 more kids and beat his wife Ike Turner style.

nK34RUn.gif

• Upvote 3

He is not good 1v1 and I'm well aware of that statistic. It's hugely misleading, he doesn't go past players in the manner of hazard or coutinho, he knocks it past the defender and uses his pace to get there. He is so indecisive in possession, the only performance I can remember where he consistently beat his man was the 5-0 in white Hart Lane 2013, he absolutely roasted Naughton that day. It's something I've watched closely since he''s broken into the team, he is not direct in the way of Hazard or Ibe and doesn't have the quick feet of Coutinho he knocks it past the fullback a la Lennon, Walcott and SWP. Half the grief Sterling receives in Anfield is his hesitance to take on the full back. I watched some of his last 10 performances in disbelief at how poor he was.

This thread is going to look very silly when his form picks up. He's a top player in the making. I feel like you're all forgetting how young he still is.

He is deffo potentially a top player, there's no doubt, but you have to qualify that to an extent. 

(a) He's got the English factor, which means if you've got anything remotely exciting about you - usually pace - your abilities are overstated to a ludicrous extent, Sterling is not the first to have that happen. 

( b is off field decision making is questionable at best, he may knuckle down and become the ultimate pro, he may waste his talent completely in a blaze of clubbing and fucking around, at present, I'd say it's 40-60 in favour of the latter.

(c ) His game still has significant flaws, including his striking, shooting, and decision making, that may be ironed out, but he needs to listen to coaching in order for that to happen, will he? That's a big if I reckon. Time is definitely on his side still, but claims of moving to the likes of Barcelona are insane. He looked boss for us, but that's because most of our players are shit - in the Rafa 2009 side he'd have probably got less than a dozen games and would have looked like exactly what he is, a raw but promising player, playing alongside Balotelli and Lambert he looks like Marc Overmars. 

He's very good and he'll only get better, but sadly the bitchfest looks to be too far gone to keep him

He has behaved stupidly and his agent has been a disrespectful cunt but apart from that I would agree with you. All that remains is to see what sort of shite we buy with the money

Whilst he and and his agent are a couple of smeg heads we've certainly got a little smeg on our faces from the way we've handled it. Leaking contract negotiation info to hand picked media outlets then pretending we're not going to sell him when it's obvious that we've been gearing up to do so since the last time they broke down. It's amateur hour once again.

If we keep him for the next two years won't be due compensation for him?

Even if we keep him one more year, I still think we would get £20 million+ next summer.

We hold all the power here. 

If he stays then it's not like he is going to deliberately play badly, not with England almost certain to qualify for the Euro's next summer. 

I am really relaxed about the whole situation. £50 million should be the minimum we are looking for this summer. 

If we keep him for the next two years won't be due compensation for him?

Even if we keep him one more year, I still think we would get £20 million+ next summer.

We hold all the power here. 

If he stays then it's not like he is going to deliberately play badly, not with England almost certain to qualify for the Euro's next summer. 

I am really relaxed about the whole situation. £50 million should be the minimum we are looking for this summer. 

Doing a damn good impression of just that for much of the latter half of the season past.

Babel could shoot, Raheem is a stupid cunt who I wish nothing but utter desolation and failure when he moves on. Really can't fathom why the top clubs want him, he's some serious poor technique in his shooting and crossing of a ball and he's a fucking cunt to boot.

Yet Man City,Chelsea,Arsenal and united all want him. Does that fact not make you think that you might be wrong and he is, in fact, arguably the best young player in world football at the moment. Did you watch us play at all last season? I've never seen an 18/19 year old play so consistently well in a number of different positions.

• Upvote 1

This thread is going to look very silly when his form picks up. He's a top player in the making. I feel like you're all forgetting how young he still is.

yeah he is a talent but he is shitting on the club that made him....... that is unforgivable 

Whilst he and and his agent are a couple of smeg heads we've certainly got a little smeg on our faces from the way we've handled it. Leaking contract negotiation info to hand picked media outlets then pretending we're not going to sell him when it's obvious that we've been gearing up to do so since the last time they broke down. It's amateur hour once again.

What!? That post alone is comedy gold.

You swallowed the line from the club when it said he wasnt for sale? Did you believe them when they said the same thing about Torres?

Its a game to up the resultant price, make the player hand in a transfer request so we dont have to pay shitty 'loyalty' clauses to some twat who wants away.

What!? That post alone is comedy gold.

You swallowed the line from the club when it said he wasnt for sale? Did you believe them when they said the same thing about Torres?

Its a game to up the resultant price, make the player hand in a transfer request so we dont have to pay shitty 'loyalty' clauses to some twat who wants away.

I'm not sure words mean what you think they mean Ratty old boy.

• Upvote 1

Yet Man City,Chelsea,Arsenal and united all want him. Does that fact not make you think that you might be wrong and he is, in fact, arguably the best young player in world football at the moment. Did you watch us play at all last season? I've never seen an 18/19 year old play so consistently well in a number of different positions.

He started the season well at the tip of diamond, disappeared when we hit a bad patch than had a great spell as a striker, played appallingly at wingback and as a winger for the remainder of the season.

As I have said for a long long time, he runs like a homo/girl, he makes one decent shot in 10 maybe 15 attempts, he makes even less decent passes to the same amount of chances, and to top it off, he is a money grabbing cunt, who has no idea of loyalty and honour.

Fuck him, fuck his attitude and fuck the boat he sailed in on.

Not racist, just cant abide the twat.

Ibe is far better an option and a future, at least he gives it a go and doesnt fall over claiming a foul every chance he gets.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

As I have said for a long long time, he runs like a homo/girl, he makes one decent shot in 10 maybe 15 attempts, he makes even less decent passes to the same amount of chances, and to top it off, he is a money grabbing cunt, who has no idea of loyalty and honour.

Fuck him, fuck his attitude and fuck the boat he sailed in on.

Not racist, just cant abide the twat.

Ibe is far better an option and a future, at least he gives it a go and doesnt fall over claiming a foul every chance he gets.

I don't think anyone was thinking 'racist' until you felt the need to tell everyone you're not one.

Ya daft racist.

• Upvote 5