You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The Official Raheem Sterling Thread (Part 412)

bouncebrigade

Woy knows

“I think he (Sterling) is going through a bad time publicly,” said Hodgson. “You can’t expect people just to shrug off the criticism he has been receiving, not least from the local media in Liverpool. That becomes national pretty quickly."[/size]

Woy never one to hold grudges eh

• Upvote 1

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/33068044

Steven Gerrard: Raheem Sterling can become a Liverpool great

Ex-Liverpool captain Steven Gerrard says Raheem Sterling has the chance to become the club's "number one player" by committing his future to the Reds.

Sterling, 20, has been criticised for wanting to leave Liverpool, recently rejecting a £100,000-a-week contract.

The forward has two years left on his deal and Gerrard, who has ended his Anfield career to play in America, has urged his ex-team-mate to stay put.

"Liverpool is the place for him to learn for the next few years," he said.

Former Liverpool striker John Aldridge:

"It was not the England fans who booed Sterling in Sunday's friendly draw with Republic of Ireland. Ireland is football crazy and Liverpool have a huge market of fans over there, along with Manchester United.

"There were around 15-20,000 Irish Liverpool fans in the stadium and they vented their anger."

England international Sterling, who has been linked  with Manchester City and Arsenal, was booed by some fans during Sunday's goalless draw with the Republic of Ireland in Dublin.

Gerrard added: "I think there's a position there for him to be the number one player in the Liverpool team and really have that adulation from supporters that the likes of Luis Suarez and Fernando Torres have experienced.

"I don't want to see him go to another team and just become a squad player and just another number in the team, I think he deserves to be playing every week."

"Liverpool can be competitive again"

Despite a disappointing season which ended without any trophies, ex-Liverpool captain Gerrard - who heads to the MLS this summer to join Los Angeles Galaxy - is confident his former side has a good chance of providing a stronger challenge for honours in 2015-16.

Brendan Rodgers's assistants, Mike Marsh and Colin Pascoe, both left the club recently, with ex-Red Sami Hyypia and former Manchester United first-team coach Rene Meulensteen linked with  joining Rodgers's backroom staff.

Player recruitment has also started early, with the addition of England midfielder James Milner and striker Danny Ings from Burnley.

"I don't think problems at Liverpool are as big as people are making out," added Gerrard, who was speaking at the BT Sport Champions League launch on Tuesday.

"I think there's a fantastic core of players there that, with the right additions in the staff and playing staff, I think Liverpool can be very competitive next year. "

Just don't see a way back from all this, unfortunately. Who knows though.

Liverpool’s Raheem Sterling is the sixth most valuable player in the world at £60m, while Chelsea’s Eden Hazard is worth more than Cristiano Ronaldo, according to a new transfer study.

The study has been carried out by a team of statisticians at the Football Observatory, a research group in the International Centre for Sports Studies which was founded in 1995 as a joint-venture between FIFA and the University of Neuchâtel in Switzerland. The Football Observatory itself was established in 2005 and has undertaken research for both FIFA and UEFA.

Their newly-published report makes four-time World Player of the Year Lionel Messi by far the most expensive player in the world with a value of £205m following another stellar season with Barcelona.

Liverpool’s Raheem Sterling is the sixth most valuable player in the world at £60m, while Chelsea’s Eden Hazard is worth more than Cristiano Ronaldo, according to a new transfer study.

The study has been carried out on the back of a cocktail napkin at the lappers by Raheems agent after a few bottles of white lightning and copious mind bending drugs.

Their newly-published report makes four-time World Player of the Year Lionel Messi by far the most expensive player in the world with a value of £205m following another stellar season with Barcelona.

Seems about right

• Upvote 1

The study has been carried out by a team of statisticians at the Football Observatory, a research group in the International Centre for Sports Studies which was founded in 1995 as a joint-venture between FIFA and the University of Neuchâtel in Switzerland.

Interesting course offered at the University of Neuchâtel.

http://www.cies.ch/en/education/fifa-master/about-fifa-master/about-fifa-master/

Take a 1 year masters and get a foothold on a ladder into the backroom of all sports, including the Olympic Committee.

Dirty bastards.

"I don't think problems at Liverpool are as big as people are making out," added Gerrard, who was speaking at the BT Sport Champions League launch on Tuesday.

"I think there's a fantastic core of players there that, with the right additions in the staff and playing staff, I think Liverpool can be very competitive next year. "

I wonder if he actually believes this himself?

• Downvote 1

"Football observatory", the amount of people who steal a living out of the game is unreal. I might set up a football hydron collector, which involves me sitting on a deck chair in my underpants, eating doritos and playing sensible soccer on an Atari ST emulator.

• Upvote 2

"Football observatory", the amount of people who steal a living out of the game is unreal. I might set up a football hydron collector, which involves me sitting on a deck chair in my underpants, eating doritos and playing sensible soccer on an Atari ST emulator.

I reckon that's good for at least two years of research money - three if you agree to put something on over the underpants.

• Upvote 1