You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Do you think we'll finish in the top 4?

Kevin D

Well?  

97 members have voted

1. 1. So?

Well, today's news that the Ironman has crocked his hip doing too much mincing around in his white clobber hasn't exactly made me more hopeful, but then again it has been pointed out that he was holding up our attacks somewhat with his incessant tomfoolery, and being the desperate twat I am, I'll pretend we won't miss his goals (like that awesome near post humbling of quiffboy) and instead lie to myself that Sterling and Marko will suddenly pick up the slack and start banging them in.

Ah, that feels better. 

With Sturridge out on top of all the other issues the season could well end the way it started.

The last week has been an unmitigated fucking disaster.  

It really has.

If you'd said before we played the Mancs that not only would we lose a really important match but Gerarrd would get sent off, Skrtel would get banned for 3 games for a stamp and Sturridge would pick up and injury and be out for another few weeks.

Its like every bit of news for us recently is just bad I'm dreading that sterling is carrying a knock and is going to probably play tonight was well.

I still believe. In my warped mind, Sturridge falling by the wayside has improved us immeasurably and that we roll on into the goons game as firm favourites to turn things around.

We might as well just really go for it from here on in and save any caution for the FA cup games. I want to see some shock and awe make an appearance this season. And also, its true that it's still in their psyche that we arse raped them 5-1. They're still scared to shower around us. 

I say lets throw some soap on the floor and see if they flinch. 

The Manc game was the decider IMO. United are starting to play well and we have lost Gerrard and Sturridge for a while so I expect United to finish quite comfortably in the top 4. We have been brilliant all year except last week but we gave ourselves too much catching up to do after that terrible, terrible start to the season.

The Manc game was the decider IMO. United are starting to play well and we have lost Gerrard and Sturridge for a while so I expect United to finish quite comfortably in the top 4. We have been brilliant all year except last week but we gave ourselves too much catching up to do after that terrible, terrible start to the season.

Yep the Manc game and then the news of Skirtel's ban and Sturridge's injury - we're fucked!

We've shown we can't win the big games, Utd was a big game, I'll be surprised if we get let back in given we I'll probably get fuck all from Arsenal and Chelsea on top

We beat Spurs, Southampton and City in quick succession in must win games to pull ourselves back into it. We can win big games but leaving yourself in a position where you have to win every single game is not a good situation, i doubt any team in the league could do it.

It was our start(bad signings and systems) that fucked us.

I still believe. In my warped mind, Sturridge falling by the wayside has improved us immeasurably and that we roll on into the goons game as firm favourites to turn things around.

We might as well just really go for it from here on in and save any caution for the FA cup games. I want to see some shock and awe make an appearance this season. And also, its true that it's still in their psyche that we arse raped them 5-1. They're still scared to shower around us.

I say lets throw some soap on the floor and see if they flinch.

I agree that Sterling up front has been better then Sturridge up front and him being out has helped our chances against arsenal.

If we did beat them Id see us getting fourth as the mancs will drop points but I don't have confidence of it happening.

One of my hopes for the remainder of the season is that Chelsea drop a few more points and we go to Stamford bridge with a chance of fucking up their title bid, I still want revenge.

• 2 weeks later...

Arsenal (63 pts)

Burnley (a)

Sunderland

Chelsea

Hull (a)

Swansea

Man Utd (a)

West Bromwich

Man Utd (62 pts)

Man City

Chelsea (a)

Everton (a)

West Bromwich

C Palace (a)

Arsenal

Hull (a)

Man City (61 pts)

Man Utd (a)

West Ham

Aston Villa

Spurs (a)

Qpr

Swansea (a)

Southampton

Us (54 pts)

Newcastle

Hull (a)

West Bromwich (a)

Qpr

Chelsea (a)

Crystal Palace

Stoke (a)

Anyone sensing a glimmer of hope after today's result? I still think City will beat Utd on Sunday, and go on to finish strongly. Whatever the result on Sunday though, we'll be at worst 5 pts off 4th if we can beat Newcastle on Monday. That's enough to keep me believing, no matter how bleak our chances looked after Saturday's horror-show.