You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Scariest Scenes in Film

Cardie

I'm not a big fan of horror/scary films either. I remember me and my ex got ,loads of snacks in and Saw from Blockbusters when it first came out. It was Halloween and we turned all the lights off and put it on. About half an hour in it got to the scene with the clamp over that woman's face and that was enough for me, the lights went on the film went off and I have never seen it since. Shit like that just doesn't need to be seen.

Two I remember from when I was younger that scared the shit out of me are Halloween and The Texas Chainsaw massacre. Fucking hell, I'd never watch them now.

Their is also a scene in Signs (I thought the film was shite) where you first see the alien when he is peeking out the window and it walks past. Jumped out my fucking skin at that.

I'm not a big fan of horror/scary films either. I remember me and my ex got ,loads of snacks in and Saw from Blockbusters when it first came out. It was Halloween and we turned all the lights off and put it on. About half an hour in it got to the scene with the clamp over that woman's face and that was enough for me, the lights went on the film went off and I have never seen it since. Shit like that just doesn't need to be seen.

Two I remember from when I was younger that scared the shit out of me are Halloween and The Texas Chainsaw massacre. Fucking hell, I'd never watch them now.

Their is also a scene in Signs (I thought the film was shite) where you first see the alien when he is peeking out the window and it walks past. Jumped out my fucking skin at that.

Stig, think your missus has been using your account and posting on here. 

• Upvote 1

Not really a bog fan of horror, just never really seen the appeal. One scene has jumped to mind though that I remember jumping backwards at. the one in Cloverfield where they are in the subways, think they are safe and then they flash a light up to the roof above them. Grim.

Think you meant 'big'.

• Upvote 1

GC1aF4J.jpg

• Upvote 3

The Last Broadcast did the found footage thing first, with a group of teenagers searching the pine barrens for the Jersey Devil. It's a quality film all the way up until the ending, which ruins the entire thing. Blair Witch basically took the concept, changed the ending and had some really clever marketing like the website they set up to convince everyone it was real before it's release. 

Having read your comment earlier I just watched it and fuck me was it crap.  Predictable ending as well.

Having read your comment earlier I just watched it and fuck me was it crap.  Predictable ending as well.

I haven't seen it for about 10 years, so maybe my memory of it is different. But i do remember the ending being absolutely atrocious. It's similar to Blair Witch in the same way Cube is similar to Saw, an ultimately failed earlier version that's got an interesting concept that was expanded on in a much better way in subsequent films. 

One of the first scenes I can remember scaring the shit out of me was the dream/nightmare sequence from An American Werewolf in London. He's lying in his hospital bed in the middle of a wood and the fit nurse comes up to check on him. When it cuts to him looking up at her, he's got this fucked up evil face.

Also, the final scene in Paranormal Activity has a proper jump moment when she lunges at the camera.

One of the first scenes I can remember scaring the shit out of me was the dream/nightmare sequence from An American Werewolf in London. He's lying in his hospital bed in the middle of a wood and the fit nurse comes up to check on him. When it cuts to him looking up at her, he's got this fucked up evil face.

giphy.gif

• Upvote 3