You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer Transfer Thread 2015

WhiskeyJar

I honestly think that this summer's signings have been decent, far better than last year's.

I believe that our biggest problem is that Rodgers just hasn't got a clue what he's doing, chopping and changing formations, styles and tactics, no wonder the players look fucking bewildered and clueless.

Scratch that, our biggest problem is that twat Dejan fucking Lovren.

• Upvote 2

£58.3m for Martial.  They could have had Lallana for £8.3mill.

This is what Sky Sports had to say about Martial back in June: 

"Spurs have a strong interest in Martial after they missed out on their first-choice striker target Danny Ings, who opted to join Liverpool."

So he went from being second choice on Spurs' transfer list after Danny Ings to a 60m signing for United?

Sound.

• Upvote 1

Even better, here's a Metro article from last spring in which Martial is linked to Everton.  Everton!

If ever there was a guarantee that a player is shite, it's a link to Everton thinking they have a chance to buy him.

Although he is described as a "wonderkid" in the headline, so I take it all back - he'll obviously be a massive success for United.

The number of late moves by Bundesliga clubs has surprised me a bit. Normally you will see a domino effect when one big deal is completed as clubs make their move for targeted replacements, but German clubs on the whole like to complete their business early and get on with things. As per the stereotype, they believe in planning and preparation so the sort of deadline day scrambling you see in England is very rare in Germany.

Liverpool Football Club have confirmed the signing of Taiwo Awoniyi.

The 18-year-old joins the Reds having previously represented Imperial Academy in Nigeria.

Awoniyi has immediately joined 2 Bundesliga side FSV Frankfurt on loan.       

He told Liverpoolfc.com: “This is the biggest club in the world and I’m privileged to be here.

“I’ll try to develop myself very well so that when I come back to Liverpool I’ll be able to add value to the team.

“When I’m in the red shirt, I will always give my very best to make the fans happy.”

The striker is a regular for Nigeria’s youth teams and currently represents their U23 side, who are aiming to qualify for next year’s Olympic Games.

He has also played for the Super Eagles at the U17 and U20 World Cups and earned a call-up for the senior Nigeria squad in 2013.

Victor Moses is beink linked with a loan move to West Ham. If that goes through, it will be 3 loan moves in 3 seasons since he joined Chelsea.

The loan system needs to be revised as it is clearly open to abuse. How to do it? Well, a player should only be able to be loaned out no more than twice for the whole time he is registered to his parent club. If a two-year loan is agreed, then the player cannot be loaned out anywhere else after that. If the player has already had a 6-month or 1-season loan spell elsewhere, then his club cannot agree to a 2-year loan to another club at all. Once the player has exhausted his loan spell(s), he either needs to be named in his parent club's 25-man squad (whether used or not), or sold/released. Clubs don't want to fill up their 25-man lists with players they've no intention of playing as it is a waste of a slot, so it would be in their interests not to stockpile players.

While Chelsea are the obvious example, Liverpool are also guilty of stockpiling, albeit at nowhere near the scale of Chelsea. However, Luis Alberto has just started his second season-long loan spell away from the club, and Tiago Ilori has already been sent out twice. Under my suggestion, we're already at the 'use them or lose them' stage. One of the big problems is that the necessary solutions to the current transfer and loan system would all effectively contravene EU labour laws.

No ill will from me towards Borini, I hope he does well there.

He left a promising career in Italy, suffered injury, never got a decent run and just wasn't good enough. Yet, we signed more strikers who were even less suitable to force him down the pecking order. At least he could run and looked like he gave a fuck.

• Upvote 2

Liverpool Football Club have confirmed the signing of Taiwo Awoniyi.

The 18-year-old joins the Reds having previously represented Imperial Academy in Nigeria.

Awoniyi has immediately joined 2 Bundesliga side FSV Frankfurt on loan.       

He told Liverpoolfc.com: “This is the biggest club in the world and I’m privileged to be here.

“I’ll try to develop myself very well so that when I come back to Liverpool I’ll be able to add value to the team.

“When I’m in the red shirt, I will always give my very best to make the fans happy.”

The striker is a regular for Nigeria’s youth teams and currently represents their U23 side, who are aiming to qualify for next year’s Olympic Games.

He has also played for the Super Eagles at the U17 and U20 World Cups and earned a call-up for the senior Nigeria squad in 2013.

The final piece of the jigsaw.

• Upvote 1

So they have sold DeGea their player of the year for less than they just paid for Martial.

If the figures are correct, it looks like they've got a bloody good fee for a player with only a year left on his contract, plus a very good goalkeeper in return.

They've let Evans, Hernandez, Januzaij and DeGea go in past few days.

They've got this kid from France but surely they've done the above to make room for a more established signing?

Hopefully we'll all get to see a long haired pikey emerge from a helicopter at Carrington looking a bit dazed and confused