You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer Transfer Thread 2015

WhiskeyJar

Dear god, do you read some of this back to yourself?

It's not enough for him to have a poor eye for a player or to not have a wide enough knowledge of players in other leagues for the seniority of his role, no, he's actively snidey and calculating when signing them with the reaction of the press and his potential future roles in mind.

When he's not finishing 2nd because it's easy to with a new girlfriend but finishing 6th because he left his wife, or prioritising the new woman over buying Sanchez, he's feathering his own nest at the expense of the club and won't make Daniel Sturridge captain purely because he's black.

Is there anything else? I'm not sure we've quite got all the bases covered on what a thoroughly repellant man he really is.

You forgot 'terrorist cunt', Bizzie.

The club will I think be more than happy to get Skrtel's wages either of the books or reduced to pay/appearances deal. Only thing is, he's hardly ever injured, so would it mean keeping him on the bench just so the club doesn't have to pay him is full wedge?

What the fuck is going on though? He's one of the first names on the team sheet and one of our few players who isn't made out of cheese and onion French fries. It just seems clear to me the club's ability to value a players worth is at odds with the market.

I'm sure you could spin it that way if you really tried.

Personally I think it's how all all contracts should be structured with lower base salaries and higher bonuses based on appearances and performance.

But this is a free market where our comepetitors are willing to have performance related bonus pay as a much smaller part of the total compensation. We're not a fucking hedgefund and we shouldn't be looking to reward our players as such.
  • Upvote 1

Why would we sign Kovacic when we've got Coutinho and Lallana? How do you fit these players in a side?

Kondogbia, or a player of his type, is vital. Instead we think sticking Milner there will sort the midfield.

Kovacic is a centre mid. Lallana and Coutinho are attacking mids.

To me the reason Rodgers targets premier league proven shite is pretty simple. He gets less flak from the press if he fails, and more credit if he wins. It also butters up his resume with future British employers. It's a coward's approach and one of the primary reasons I despise him. Rafa started to do the same shit with Barry and Keane which was part of why he lost the plot.

It's more likely that he doesn't possess sufficient knowledge base nor the time to build one due to his new toy/girlfriend, and our team of scouts are solely dedicated to U-15s.

People laugh when you say that the club will be fighting relegation next season but when you treat your players with this kind of 'contempt' who is going to make an effort when you are under the cosh?

like glen johnson?

City wanted him to stay, couldn't guarantee him playing time though.

He'll have a signing on fee (probably) and a decent wage packet, plus more game time (you'd assume LFC have told him he's a nailed on starter - wouldn't you?)

He's a loss to City, mostly from a HG point of view, but I think he'll warm a few Liverpool hearts.