You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer Transfer Thread 2015

WhiskeyJar

It's an odd stance to take on the respective strengths of squads when the one people are deriding as shit compared to the 'glory' days of Hodgson and Dalglish has never finished with less points than they managed.

Yes, the glory days. That's what...oh, no-one has said. In fact, I think you will find that the whole entire reason the current squad is being compared to Hodgson's one, and not, say, one from the 80s is because Hodgson's one was completely fucking shit.

What is wrong with you? I understand the need to strawman - it really does simplify things - but this is just dumb.

• Upvote 2

I seem to remember Arsenal and Spurs being heavily linked with Cole at the time and it being touted as a major coup that we managed to sign him ahead of them. Might have all just been media speculation though or possibly they were interested but not insane enough to offer him the sort of wages we did. Agree that Milner seems to be a very different player though in terms of personality or will to succeed. If people can't get excited by his signing fair enough as he's not exactly the most exciting signing ever but I can't imagine we'll ever have any problems with his fitness or professionalism.

What wasn't media speculation was Ancelloti saying, "I'd rather have benayoun than cole.  Yossi can understand things, like instructions".  I never laughed so much.

It's all getting a bit too hysterical on here at the moment. It's June 3rd you big fannies.

People going on like we're in for darker days than what we had under Woy. Good grief.

I agree. Stop getting hysterical. It's only the start of June. How can anyone be worried? Rodgers and FSG have proven they will get it right.
  • Upvote 2

Yes, the glory days. That's what...oh, no-one has said. In fact, I think you will find that the whole entire reason the current squad is being compared to Hodgson's one, and not, say, one from the 80s is because Hodgson's one was completely fucking shit.

What is wrong with you? I understand the need to strawman - it really does simplify things - but this is just dumb.

Where did I say anyone had said it?

Our last game was a 6-1 loss to fucking Stoke.

A shit result no doubt, but end of seasons games are always full of results like this. (See that time City got bummed about 8-0 by fucking Boro) They've also put 3 past Spurs and Arsenal recently too so it's not like it was against some shower of shite like QPR. They're a good side, though we made them look like Barca which is worrying but it's over now, time to let it go and move on.

Then again we are the mighty Liverpool, we should be winning whoever we come up against shouldn't we? And teams can never play well against us, it's always just cos we were shit. It was a true horror show of a game, but I was more angry about the Palace result than Stoke.

I agree. Stop getting hysterical. It's only the start of June. How can anyone be worried? Rodgers and FSG have proven they will get it right.

Just like last summer when there was plenty of time to find a top class striker to replace Suarez. My hysteria warning light is flashing

• Upvote 1

If I had a gif of someone sarcastically gesturing quotations while saying glory years I would have used that. As it was I could think of no other way to convey the sarcasm intended.

Fair enough; it just seemed a bit weird to target the shittiness of Hodgson's reign when that was the whole reasoning for the comparison in the first place.

I need a drink.

Just like last summer when there was plenty of time to find a top class striker to replace Suarez. My hysteria warning light is flashing

Thats the thing isn't it. 

Its not like we havn't been in this exact same position before several times during the past 10-15 years. 

It's easier to be pessimistic than optimistic looking at our potential signings. 

Thats the thing isn't it. 

Its not like we havn't been in this exact same position before several times during the past 10-15 years. 

It's easier to be pessimistic than optimistic looking at our potential signings. 

It's our default position. It's the hope that kills you as they say.

Seriously, don't read the Metro, don't torture yourself, you might as well read the Daily Sport and least you'll get to oggle a pair of tits. 

I refuse to listen to any of those made up sources, i get the truth from caughtoffside only. Still waiting for Henry to arrive after he bought a house in Chester.

• Upvote 1

Seriously, don't read the Metro, don't torture yourself, you might as well read the Daily Sport and least you'll get to oggle a pair of tits. 

I don't know, the Metro has plenty of tits.

Warning! The following content is NOT WORK SAFE. Click the Show button to reveal.

Mateo Kovacic is a player constantly linked with Liverpool. Tancredi Palmeri tweets a lot of transfer rumours, so this is one to keep an eye on.

Liverpool have bid 21m€ for Inter's Kovacic

— Tancredi Palmeri (@tancredipalmeri) June 3, 2015

Mateo Kovacic is a player constantly linked with Liverpool. Tancredi Palmeri tweets a lot of transfer rumours, so this is one to keep an eye on.

Liverpool have bid 21m€ for Inter's Kovacic

— Tancredi Palmeri (@tancredipalmeri) June 3, 2015

Interesting, but like he says, Barca bid 20m last year and were knocked back.

I'm guessing that Spurs are going to appear in a minute.