You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

If the unthinkable happened and Rodgers was sacked.....

Bjornebye

I think the difference between them is quite large. I think Klopp has proven, in a league dominated by another club that has poached their best players, that he is the real deal. Yes, shit has happened for both managers, but Klopp is at a stage that Rodgers can only aspire to, which is having won multiple things and reached finals of the CL.

I think the same way about Rodgers as I've always done, I think his previous qualities are still there. I think he's going to be a really good manager, but if Klopp is available and wants to come, then Klopp it is.

Comparing him with rodgers is poor logic.

Usual shit with you garbage in garbage out.

Its pelle jose wenger and van gaal he will have to compete with.

Comparing him with rodgers is poor logic.

Usual shit with you garbage in garbage out.

Its pelle jose wenger and van gaal he will have to compete with.

Im comparing the situation they are in which is quite similar, klopp has failed yet people can still see hes a good manager they should be able to realise the same with rodgers, if this world class manager klopp you are all praising can have a bad period why cant people accept rodgers can aswell without saying hes not good enough.

Im comparing the situation they are in which is quite similar, klopp has failed yet people can still see hes a good manager they should be able to realise the same with rodgers, if this world class manager klopp you are all praising can have a bad period why cant people accept rodgers can aswell without saying hes not good enough.

About as much point as asking who is better mignolet or brad.

If rodgers is the bench mark why does everyone want him sacked? I could compare roy evans to rodgers favourably. The fact we are even in the same comparidon territory tells you klopp would never win us a league or champions league.

Oh wow he won the german league when bayern were shit for a bit

About as much point as asking who is better mignolet or brad.

If rodgers is the bench mark why does everyone want him sacked? I could compare roy evans to rodgers favourably. The fact we are even in the same comparidon territory tells you klopp would never win us a league or champions league.

Oh wow he won the german league when bayern were shit for a bit

Both managers are fighting against big teams with bigger budgets, both have lost key players from their team and as a result are struggling.I cant think of another manager who is in a more similar position.

Lets not forget that rodgers is working under different guidelines aswell, rodgers has to sign young players that will keep their value while klopp has full control and can go for who he wants.

Rodgers has more excuses then klopp imo and if fans can look past this bad period klopp is in they should be able to with rodgers aswell.

I want De Boer. I'm sure someone will say it's easy to win with Ajax but it evidently wasn't because before he got there they hadnt won the league for 6 years, were seen as serial bottlers and that was with players like Suarez and Huntelaar which he didnt have the luxury of. Yet his team have won the league every year he's been there, 4 years in a row.

Get him and as many of their boardroom people as possible and let them run the club.

Both managers are fighting against big teams with bigger budgets, both have lost key players from their team and as a result are struggling.I cant think of another manager who is in a more similar position.

Lets not forget that rodgers is working under different guidelines aswell, rodgers has to sign young players that will keep their value while klopp has full control and can go for who he wants.

Rodgers has more excuses then klopp imo and if fans can look past this bad period klopp is in they should be able to with rodgers aswell.

Yes both managers are having a mare.

Lets assume klopp doesnt exist and give your imagination a wobble.

I want De Boer. I'm sure someone will say it's easy to win with Ajax but it evidently wasn't because before he got there they hadnt won the league for 6 years, were seen as serial bottlers and that was with players like Suarez and Huntelaar which he didnt have the luxury of. Yet his team have won the league every year he's been there, 4 years in a row.

Get him and as many of their boardroom people as possible and let them run the club.

Its ajax in holland. Not good enough.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

I think the owners tried to sound him out before, didn't they? He wasn't having any of it. I've seen the latest reports of him being interested. Wouldn't be totally against that. Any manager would need to be given time and funds to put their vision in place, though.

I think the owners tried to sound him out before, didn't they? He wasn't having any of it. I've seen the latest reports of him being interested. Wouldn't be totally against that. Any manager would need to be given time and funds to put their vision in place, though.

Kiss of death after lipstick on the collar of migno lovro and the crime rates.

The German league is weak apart from a couple teams like la liga, if you put a good squad together you can beat the small teams consistently and if one of the forces in the league have a few off games you can nick a league.

When Klopp had 4 or 5 world class players in his team he done well and challenged the top teams, when he lost a few he has failed to replace them and is failing in a weak league.

Rodgers challenged the top teams in the strongest league with one world class player and a few youngsters with good potential.

They have both shown they can do it with the right players, Rodgers has done it most importantly at lfc which is different to other clubs, for that reason Id stick with him rather then take a risk with another manager.

I am sorry but that is absolute rubbish. 

Klopp took over in 2008 with the club on its knees both on the pitch and off it, having escaped liquidation by about 20 minutes in 2005. 

He took them into the Europa League and failed misrably but they steadily improved in the league, He revamped the youth set up and snapped up some absolute bargains in the transfer market, with Hummels (from Bayern's second team) and Kagaawa (for 100,000 euros from Japan's second division) standing out, as well as Lewandowski. 

He did not just win the league in 2011, he absolutely blitzed it. He then lost his best player that season (Sahin) to Real Madrid, but still managed to win the league again in 2012, also winning the Cup by destroying Bayern 5-2. 

The following season, he lost Kagawa and replaced him with Reuss and they made it to the CL final, being unlucky to lose. 

Last season he lost Götze and this season Lewandowski, both to Bayern. Still, last season, he managed to get to the German Cup final which they would won but for a disallowed goal where the boll had crossed the line by a good couple of feet. 

Yes, he has had a dreadful season this season (CL and German Cup excepted) and, yes, they seem to have bought badly, but his record over the last 4 seasons before this one reads:

Leage: 1-1-2-2

Cup: ealry exit - winners - last 16 - runners up

Add to that, a CL final and it is nothing short of amazing bearing in mind where the club was. 

As for the German league being 'weak', it is nothing of the sort. 

It is an excellent league in which one team dominates. The fact that he managed to break that dominance for a couple of years and still managed to compete with Bayern since then - despite losing his best players to them - shows how good he is. 

He may well have gone stale and needs a new challenge and, as ever, you don't know how he would work out in a different country, a different club, culture etc BUT he has done far more than Rodgers as a manager. That's nothing against Rodgers, it is simply a fact. 

If he was available, we should move heaven and earth to get him here. 

• Upvote 2

why's Ajax not good enough? is that not a touch arrogant? he has got a few youth lads through there and plays in a way we are trying too.. Ath Madrid a few seasons back would of been deemed not good enough.

Cos his rivals in the prem are infinately more hence simeones cv looking the nearest sure thing if we want our bread and butter.

I am sorry but that is absolute rubbish.

Klopp took over in 2008 with the club on its knees both on the pitch and off it, having escaped liquidation by about 20 minutes in 2005.

He took them into the Europa League and failed misrably but they steadily improved in the league, He revamped the youth set up and snapped up some absolute bargains in the transfer market, with Hummels (from Bayern's second team) and Kagaawa (for 100,000 euros from Japan's second division) standing out, as well as Lewandowski.

He did not just win the league in 2011, he absolutely blitzed it. He then lost his best player that season (Sahin) to Real Madrid, but still managed to win the league again in 2012, also winning the Cup by destroying Bayern 5-2.

The following season, he lost Kagawa and replaced him with Reuss and they made it to the CL final, being unlucky to lose.

Last season he lost Götze and this season Lewandowski, both to Bayern. Still, last season, he managed to get to the German Cup final which they would won but for a disallowed goal where the boll had crossed the line by a good couple of feet.

Yes, he has had a dreadful season this season (CL and German Cup excepted) and, yes, they seem to have bought badly, but his record over the last 4 seasons before this one reads:

Leage: 1-1-2-2

Cup: ealry exit - winners - last 16 - runners up

Add to that, a CL final and it is nothing short of amazing bearing in mind where the club was.

As for the German league being 'weak', it is nothing of the sort.

It is an excellent league in which one team dominates. The fact that he managed to break that dominance for a couple of years and still managed to compete with Bayern since then - despite losing his best players to them - shows how good he is.

He may well have gone stale and needs a new challenge and, as ever, you don't know how he would work out in a different country, a different club, culture etc BUT he has done far more than Rodgers as a manager. That's nothing against Rodgers, it is simply a fact.

If he was available, we should move heaven and earth to get him here.

Dortmond have been in cl finals since houllier and sammer and them days its hardly rushen and diamonds.

They are bottom of their league.

You just said sahin was their best player looked utter shit here.

Again you compare his record to rogers. Hows it stack up with jose mourinho since that is his competition here?

The end.

Can see him staying till end of season though, then maybe City... don't think he'd leave for us.

Neither do i but never that we'd sign balotelli either.

Fact is if the owners are serious hes clearly top man on any list and contract talks have stalled hes worth 20m for what he will bring. A mixture of guardiola and rafa.

Any manager who has to have excuses invented before hes thru the door we need bin their cv off.

Dortmond have been in cl finals since houllier and sammer and them days its hardly rushen and diamonds.

They are bottom of their league.

You just said sahin was their best player looked utter shit here.

Again you compare his record to rogers. Hows it stack up with jose mourinho since that is his competition here?

The end.

If you spoke English that one could actually make sense of and actually respond to the points I made, it might be worth having a debate. 

What has Houllier got to do with Dormund?

The fact is, Dortmund were bust in 2005/06, Klopp took over a team that had battled against relegation the previous couple of years and turned them into champions and CL finalists on a very tight budget. 

What happened with Sammer in 1997 or 2002 is neither here nor there because it was a different club with different circumstances. In fact, it was their excessive spending of that perid that brought them to the edge of collapse later on.

[quote name="Timão"

What happened with Sammer in 1997 or 2002 is neither here nor there because it was a different club with different circumstances. In fact, it was their excessive spending of that perid that brought them to the edge of collapse later on.

No am pretty sure it was the same club. They are now in the relegation spots.

Can I remind you a man nsmed rafa once won la liga won us number 5 and finished 2nd and hes not a bad manager.

Rafas not the best out there either tho.

I dont have anything against klopp just not quite good enough in comparison to our rivals rather than comparing with previous lfc failed managers which seems a good way of lowering the bar for our cheapskate owners costing us twice as much in the longrun.

We are a labrat for american soccerballer hedge funders and young snake oil managers testing their theories i just want the best man we should start at simoene and work from there.

If we get rejected by the first 5 and klopp is 6th and hes the best we can get ok but we want start at top level. Klopp no longer occupies that very top tier.

And took them back to a relegation battle again cos he wasnt good enough to earn a move at his peak. The end.

Again, no your facts: Klopp could have moved during any of the last three summers and chose not to do so, but don't worry, apart from that, as you are on every single topic you choose to comment on, you are right and I bow to your superior knolwedge. 

I dont think our squad is actually that bad and wouldnt need a massive overhaul. We might even be better off if we'd have played the players we bought in the summer more,specifically Lallana and Can.

A DM and striker and we could be challenging the top 4 again,but I dont think Rodgers has it in him to do it.

Im with you- we arent a massive re-build. Yesterday confirmed that to me. Our opponents illustrated it- from Moyes to Van Gaal- the difference is huge- Di Maria was absent, Falcao was on the bench so its not like you can say its the new signings.

I thought we played well- get Sturridge playing and maybe one decent signing, an injection of confidence by change in the dugout will work wonders. It has to be the right guy though- a Cappello or a Pellegrini type wouldnt work.

Not sure I trust the board to A- find that guy or B- be the kind of board you want to work with   

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Again, no your facts: Klopp could have moved during any of the last three summers and chose not to do so, but don't worry, apart from that, as you are on every single topic you choose to comment on, you are right and I bow to your superior knolwedge.

You're better off knocking it on the head with Dennis Tooth. He's a lunatic.

You're better off knocking it on the head with Dennis Tooth. He's a lunatic.

And yet at no point did i welcome mignolet with open arms, pack reinas bags, cheer lovrens arrival, predict the crime rate would go up, support funding isis and a continuation of civil war in syria, clap ed milliband holding up the scum newspaper or support the idea of a transfer committee. Last I checked.

Now back over to you mister shot to shit credibility but pretend no one notices you are almost always wrong in backing or predicting anything at all. I know where Id rather be sitting.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1