You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

January Transfer Window 2015

RobbieOR

I know I spoke about it earlier in the thread, however after going to see Aus vs China last night, and really watching how he went about his game, I'd really love for us to get Mat Ryan at the club. Backup or not. His marshalling of the defence was awesome. 
He pushed them up so far up the field he was almost on the halfway line for large parts of the first half, and was super quick to get back and regroup when China broke fast as they did in the early stages.

Then late in the second half he weathered a barrage of shots and pulled off some fantastic saves to keep a clean sheet and ensure Australia went through. I haven't seen replays of this though as I was down the other end. However it looked great from where I was seated.

I may have been getting caught up with the occasion though...

• Upvote 1

I've been watching compilations of Ryan recently. Obviously you can't tell 100% but he look like a talent to me.

This was the first time I watched him really closely due to the rumours and I couldn't fault him. I know it's only one game, but there was the weight of the national team on his back and he bossed it.

Cahill will get the plaudits and rightly so. But if China score it's a different game.

What you mean like signing Sturridge when we needed to? Or blowing money on Carroll when Torres went. Don't talk shite.

Fuck me the examples you've used there, we signed Sturridge half a season late after fucking around all summer and leaving ourselves with one recognised striker for half a season once flogging Carroll.

I seem to remember buying Carroll in the last days of the winter window and over paying massively for him, on what fucking planet do you call that decisive?

That was the same time we fucked Ajax around all window aswell low-balling for Suarez until the Torres money was incoming.

I don't claim they haven't spent money because they have but to suggest anything they do is decisive is talking utter fucking shite.

Decisive action would have seen us replace or at least prepare for the inevitable departure of Suarez instead of running around with fingers in ears all summer only to end up with Balotelli

cant disagree with that. Balotelli was our replacement for Suarez. Fucking mario Balotelli. Heads on the committee should roll for that.

cant disagree with that. Balotelli was our replacement for Suarez. Fucking mario Balotelli. Heads on the committee should roll for that.

It's ok someone will be along soon to claim I expected us to produce a carbon copy of Suarez and how it's totally unreasonable to expect that even though it's not the point.

• Upvote 1

Liverpool manager Brendan Rodgers thinks young forward Raheem Sterling will soon commit his long-term future to the club by signing a new deal.

Three weeks into the window and we can't even sign our own player

If Ian Ayre was a contract killer Jill Dando and Lady Di would currently be at centre parcs playing Badminton and there'd be a Big Issue seller somewhere with a faint East German accent and a checkered past.

Depay is a winger. I believe we more need someone who is good enough to play centrally. Lacazzete looks good, but will he be as good as in France? Hard to tell.. Lucas Silva is supposed to sign for Real (DM), Illara could leave. Should we be interested in him? At least for a loan or something.. having another DM, whou could potentially be better than Lucas is good in my opinion.

Depay is a winger. I believe we more need someone who is good enough to play centrally. Lacazzete looks good, but will he be as good as in France? Hard to tell.. Lucas Silva is supposed to sign for Real (DM), Illara could leave. Should we be interested in him? At least for a loan or something.. having another DM, whou could potentially be better than Lucas is good in my opinion.

Illarramendi is more of a Gerrard than a Lucas, he won't break play up much but is decent on the ball, he was meant to be the new Alonso but has really struggled at Real. He looked good whenever I seen him play for Sociedad though and earned a massive transfer to Madrid, £27m I think it was.

It should be our transfer strategy, it sort of is already, but we should be buying the already excellent players that the likes of Real and Barca sell off to fund the next flavour of the month, it'll become more regular too if FFP takes off. In the last few years Madrid have sold Ozil and Di Maria, reportedly tried selling Isco. Varane would be my guess who they'll try offloading in the next window or 2. Whilst they try and buy Marquinhos or similar.