You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Lazar Marković

WhiskeyJar

He's not a shit player though, he's had a poor start, granted but he's one of the most highly rated young players in Europe.

We needed a couple of players to go straight into the first team, unfortunately Markovic hasn't been able to but it's far too early to be writing the lad off.

• Upvote 1

He injected some life and purpose into the team. He was always looking to get the ball and use it constructively, and showed some of the pace and trickery he was reputed for prior to coming here. The hand to the opponent's face was needless but also very harshly punished with the red card.

The decision to send him off was a shocker and simply shows how little some refs understand the game of football.

I honestly believe Markovic was simply trying to keep himself between the player and the ball and sending him off for an accidental eye poke is ridiculous.

While it had little to do with the result the referee had a bit of a stinker. They still cant spot diving and play acting or refuse to do anything about them.

Hes shit and shouldnt of raised his hands up like a fucking pansy scared to get tackled, hes no patrick berger and is a waste of money, some of his quotes suggest he thinks hes been licking his own spincter seductively as he was saying them. Beware this fraud, no matter how bad we have played hes still shit even me nan would look a world class player in our team and shes been dead years, put her on for lovren and watch us keep a clean sheet.

While it had little to do with the result.............

Persnally, I think it had a huge impact on the result. Not only was he playing well after coming on, providing a real attacking threat, but after being red carded you could feel the collective sigh of death from team and fans like.

Hes shit and shouldnt of raised his hands up like a fucking pansy scared to get tackled, hes no patrick berger and is a waste of money, some of his quotes suggest he thinks hes been licking his own spincter seductively as he was saying them. Beware this fraud, no matter how bad we have played hes still shit even me nan would look a world class player in our team and shes been dead years, put her on for lovren and watch us keep a clean sheet.

I'd like to smoke what you're smoking cause I've got a meeting in about half hour and the only way I'll blag it is talking as much shit as you have right there.

Showed a bit of speed and nothing more. His two best moments were an overhit pass to Johnson who managed to poke it across from  the byline to zero effect, and a powederpuff shot at a defender. Had no need to flick his arm and hand at the Basel player who was nowhere near him. His sending off did, however, do us a favour as the injustice spurred the team to throw caution to the wind and go for it.

Feel better about him for the future after the last couple of cameos, as he'd offered zero before then. 

At least we know there's something there to work with. Same with Can when he's played. Moreno and Manquilo could be good for us. 

Nobody's getting managed well but at least you can look at them and say it's not dead money. Those could be investments and good parts of the team in the future. Balotelli and the Southampton lot were the worst deals and make the other signings worse by association. 

Didn't watch the whole game, only caught the first 25 minutes live before work. Seen the highlights and an abbreviated recording (I knew the result before I watched and was too pissed to watch the whole thing) including his "red", and for me, anyone making excuses for the ref is out of order. He never even fucking touched him for me and IF I'm wrong and he did, he barely grazed his nose. Say what you will about "giving the ref the option" but for me that's a cop out which continues to allow bullshit decisions to influence games on the pitch. Just to be clear, having seen what I've seen and read what I've read I don't think it was what killed us off, we weren't good enough for most the of the game, but it certain sure didn't help.