You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer Transfers 2014

WhiskeyJar

Have we even been linked with any right backs? Perplexing if not. I can't see Moreno being better than a fully fit Enrique if I'm honest.

Will Enrique be fully fit again? It was a serious injury.

I don't know, but expect Rodgers does.

Not impressed at all. Flies in the face of previous strategies and windows. Arguably reinforcing in January with this kind of move I.e. Increasing bids would have been much more effective. It's all a bit of a nonsense now for a player whilst good isn't £25m good.

Lallana and Lambert's combined fee could buy you Strootman this summer. Improving the midfield this year and would also be getting someone in capable of stepping into Gerrards role over the coming years.

I see absolutely no issue with signing an injured midfielder from Roma.

• Upvote 4

Lallana fits our team perfectly. He's a PL team of the year, England International just approaching his peak years, who has achieved his best ever seasons when his team started playing exactly like we do. If anyone here thinks you can get a player like that for £15m then they are talking utter rubbish.

If we pay £25m and he works out, them not one person will mention the money. Note how no one ever mentions Hendersons price anymore. He looks like the exact type of player to suit us. If Rodgers thinks he's worth £25m then I'm going to bow to his knowledge and suggest it's a fair price, as opposed to the footy manager hysterical lot on the football forums.

And if you read the start of the paragraph above and thought "yeah, but what if he doesn't work out" then go and lock yourself in a darkened room for 20 years and stop annoying the world.

• Upvote 3

And if you read the start of the paragraph above and thought "yeah, but what if he doesn't work out" then go and lock yourself in a darkened room for 20 years and stop annoying the world.

20 years is ridiculously too long. 10, max.

• Upvote 1

Was happy with the Lambert deal because it was low cost, low risk and possible high reward. Not really happy with paying £25 million for Lallana though, no matter what anyone says he has only been doing it in the top flight for a couple of years at the age of 26. It's not that I don't think he'd fit the team and be a decent player for us but it's just the figure because I think we will end up paying north of £25 million for him because we seem to be dogshit at tying up deals that cost more then a pittance.

It's a large chunk I'd imagine of any budget we have and we can't afford to waste it however if we finish the summer with Moreno, Lallana, Can and Lambert I won't be too unhappy, it will be a vast improvement on last years garbage bench with maybe one or two youngsters returning/filling in.

Lallana fits our team perfectly. He's a PL team of the year, England International just approaching his peak years, who has achieved his best ever seasons when his team started playing exactly like we do. If anyone here thinks you can get a player like that for £15m then they are talking utter rubbish.

If we pay £25m and he works out, them not one person will mention the money. Note how no one ever mentions Hendersons price anymore. He looks like the exact type of player to suit us. If Rodgers thinks he's worth £25m then I'm going to bow to his knowledge and suggest it's a fair price, as opposed to the footy manager hysterical lot on the football forums.

Your clearly not aware its fashionable to criticise any signing we make

Rickie Lambert has arrived in Liverpool for a medical with Brendan Rodgers' side ahead of his move from Southampton.

The 32-year-old travelled to Liverpool on Friday night following England's 3-0 friendly victory over Peru at Wembley where the striker was an unused substitute.

After staying in a city centre hotel on Friday night, Lambert arrived at the Spire Liverpool Hospital shortly before 9am in a Liverpool Football Club vehicle where he joined the club's doctor - Zaf Iqbal.

It is understood a fee of £4m has been agreed between the two clubs for the Kirkby-born striker.

Your clearly not aware its fashionable to criticise any signing we make

That made me chuckle at its honesty.

Sign Lambert - he's too old and were moving away from our transfer policy.

Don't sign Lambert - no flexibility in the transfer policy and we need experience.

That lama fella, if Rodgers wants him, so be it. He's the manager. And I trust him. Like I did when he started out.

Keep seeing people mention the need for a right back, don't see it at all, even if Johnson (hopefully leaves). If Moreno does come off he seems to be a very attacking full back. Don't think we need 2 attack minded full backs in the team. I'd be more than comfortable with Flanagan/Wisdom as our two right backs next season.

Also if Wisdom does make position his own when Moreno (whoever) goes bombing forward then Wisdom can tuck in making a back 3. Think an attacking left full back will be more useful for us owing to the lack of left footers in midfield we have. 

Guest Numero Veinticinco

If Di Maria is available for 25m.

And then plenty if other players through Europe. When that level of player are available, surely we can pull off the signing of one of them. We've gone from Rodgers saying we tried to be too ambitious to hitting safe.