You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

These gourmet burger joints.

Mathewbet1

I quite like a bean burger. Also haloumi burgers (where you just get a massive fat slice of fried haloumi in the bun) are ok too.

Not as good as one with meat and bacon in it mind.

I mostly eat burgers at home these days, usually made with a tasty and simple beef mince and chorizo “patty”.

• 2 weeks later...

Fuck me it's the food shape police again.

I personally, am outraged that they decided to shape sausages the same way as a small carrot. Seeing as they could have any shape they wanted how dare they try and ape the shape of a carrot, the thing they truly lust for but are too much of pussy to really eat.

Then there are burgers (OMG, WTF????)! Which absolute arsehole decided to make a burger the same shape as a fucking mushroom? You aren't fooling me mate, just because you aren't hard enough to munch on Funghi doesn't mean you make it up with a round piece of dead cow.

Marone.

Is Schwartz Brothers still going? Used to go there in the early 90s after a session. Blue cheese burger was good (with an ale destroyed palate).

Just used Google (amazing what you can find with it), it is. Has anyone had a (sober) good experience, or has it a rep for dog burgers?

It is, yeah. That's the place I was moaning about!

Only go out in Bath about twice a year sorry mate so no idea.

There’s a brilliant set up in the old green park station, does burgers, curry, kebab all sorts and the hut next to them sell bottles of wine.

It is good in there. There's a veggie place there, too...

It is good in there. There's a veggie place there, too...

The wife used to work in the vaults under the market, very often I’d go into Bath in the summer to go for a drink with her when she finished work on a Friday if I was off.

Bloody train always seemed to get me into Bath about one o’clock instead of five so I’d sit out with some food and a few glasses of wine and wait for her.

The wife used to work in the vaults under the market, very often I’d go into Bath in the summer to go for a drink with her when she finished work on a Friday if I was off.

Bloody train always seemed to get me into Bath about one o’clock instead of five so I’d sit out with some food and a few glasses of wine and wait for her.

Apart from the little wine hut, there's a pub at the entrance to the station. Not the greatest (though not like Wetherspoons either), but £2.50 for a pint between 3 and 6 o'clock. Which is nice...

Homemade burgers are absolutely delicious, especially with wedges or similar. Stud them with cheddar or black garlic or red onion or all of the above and you’re laughing.

Has hangover, now can’t shake burning desire for the above plus enormous calorific milkshake of some sort.

• Upvote 1

There’s more to burgers than Maccies and Burger King. The “grourmet” part is nonsense, obviously, but you can make burgers, at home, using good quality ingredients.

Why not just keep the meat on it's bone and eat it that way? I'd rather eat Beef as a steak or roasted,Ham roasted too. The only reason they turn it into a burger is so they can put shitty additives into it. Fuck that.

There’s more to burgers than Maccies and Burger King. The “grourmet” part is nonsense, obviously, but you can make burgers, at home, using good quality ingredients.

I've had some amazing burgers in pubs & restaurants too, some places put real effort into them along with the roll & the chips & they're as good as anything on the menu.

Fuck, I fancy a burger now.

• Upvote 1

Why not just keep the meat on it's bone and eat it that way? I'd rather eat Beef as a steak or roasted,Ham roasted too. The only reason they turn it into a burger is so they can put shitty additives into it. Fuck that.

I enjoy a burger, with all the trimmings, a lot more than I do, say, a steak. Can’t remember the last time I had a steak, must be at least five or six years ago.

Shitty additives? Even a McDonald's burger is 100% beef.

Accurate as ever.

Anyone had a burger in the shipping forecast? I had the Best burger I've had in Liverpool in there but it was 2 or 3 years ago now, so not sure If they're still any good. The worst was at that free state kitchen and that includes maccies and burger king. They seem to get good reviews but the burger i had was crap in a crap bun

You must just have a significantly more discerning palate than the rest of us ingenues who's naivety is being taken advantage of, eh Vlad.

I just tend not to trust fast food joints in general based on experience. Chippies are the only fast food places I tend to use and I'm never more daring than to order 'chicken' dishes.