You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Guitar enthusiasts.

withnail71

38 minutes ago, Poor Scouser T said:

Keep us in the loop mate nearly pulled the trigger on one but 250 quid to play a few chords like Angus and Gilmour made me pause. Hopefully don't need a Gibson Sg too.

Will do, it's not due to arrive for another week or so though.

If you want an SG, Kenny's Music are selling the Vintage VS63, their version of the SG in Cherry Red for £249 which is by far the cheapest I've seen.

https://www.kennysmusic.co.uk/vintage-vs63-reissued-electric-guitar-cherry-red-p7751

36 minutes ago, Poor Scouser T said:

Keep us in the loop mate nearly pulled the trigger on one but 250 quid to play a few chords like Angus and Gilmour made me pause. Hopefully don't need a Gibson Sg too.

There is a lot more to it than that to be fair.

2 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

There is a lot more to it than that to be fair.

I'll say. I've been looking at videos and reviews for the last few days and it seems I've barely scratched the surface. It'll more than likely take a while for him to suss the thing out.

35 minutes ago, Poor Scouser T said:

It looks the business as you say.

I can't really play but just love the sound. 2 or 3 chords from a great song is enough for me to feel the buzz.

Perhaps Ann Summers might be a cheaper alternative PST?

1 hour ago, VladimirIlyich said:

I had an SG but didnt like it. That Les Paul looks a beauty though. What's the double cut to the SG's right?

I'm not sure what you mean by a 'double cut'. The other two are Les Pauls.

Screenshot_20240316-205803_Instagram.jpg

On 16/03/2024 at 20:57, Mook said:

I'm not sure what you mean by a 'double cut'. The other two are Les Pauls.

Screenshot_20240316-205803_Instagram.jpg

It's not a double cut. I could only see half of the guitar so assumed there was a second 'cut' side like the first, a symmetrical shape,but it was another black Les Paul. Very nice too.

The Spark 40 my lad ordered arrived this morning. 

He said it sounds great but the app is refusing to interact with Spotify correctly making that feature, one of the main reasons he bought it pretty much unusable.

He's had a look online and he's not on his own. Apparently it's an issue that has been around for a while with Positive Grid yet to fix it.

He's raised a ticket with them and is waiting for their response though he's expecting a generic one with the usual 'we are aware of an issue, please bear with us while our engineers work on it'.

Problem is they've been 'working on it' since July with no sign of a fix.

He's pretty disappointed tbh. He said he's thinking about sending it back for a refund as it's basically false advertising and looking at something else, probably the Boss Katana he was looking at in the first place.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Harry's Lad said:

The Spark 40 my lad ordered arrived this morning. 

He said it sounds great but the app is refusing to interact with Spotify correctly making that feature, one of the main reasons he bought it pretty much unusable.

He's had a look online and he's not on his own. Apparently it's an issue that has been around for a while with Positive Grid yet to fix it.

He's raised a ticket with them and is waiting for their response though he's expecting a generic one with the usual 'we are aware of an issue, please bear with us while our engineers work on it'.

Problem is they've been 'working on it' since July with no sign of a fix.

He's pretty disappointed tbh. He said he's thinking about sending it back for a refund as it's basically false advertising and looking at something else, probably the Boss Katana he was looking at in the first place.

Ouch