You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

These Hipster Beards

Section_31

My old man has a splendid bivard. Makes him look like Abe Lincoln. So much so that people have shouted "Abraham!" at him in the street on more than one occasion. Seems a little unfair, then, that at the age of 31 I still can't fucking grow one. Stupid genes.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 8 months later...

four-hipsters.jpg

The lad on the left here is the retrospective photofit for male fashion in the 2010's.

"Dad why did you all walk round with ridiculous beards, lumberjack t shirts and tattoo every inch of your body to look like Amish curd sellers?"

"Well son, i thought i was cool and hip at the time, i've later come to realise i was just a massive twat"

• Upvote 1

The 'Doug Willis' shirt, to give it the correct title.

I've worn checked shirts since my Mum sent me to school in them when I was 9 (uniform wasn't compulsory after year 4) and have had a short beard for the last 13 years. However, I have no tattoos and a normal enough haircut. Does this make me half hipster?

• Upvote 2

I've worn checked shirts since my Mum sent me to school in them when I was 9 (uniform wasn't compulsory after year 4) and have had a short beard for the last 13 years. However, I have no tattoos and a normal enough haircut. Does this make me half hipster?

Ask yourself, do you pass the T.I.T (Topbutton is Totes in place) test?

If so you're a hipster and should act accordingly by ironically choking to death due to oxygen starvation as result of said topbutton being fastened, or if you're breezy about fastening it you're good and can only lament the fucking birdbrains stealing a conventional, if slightly subversive style, and parading it as something ersatz and ironic, the cunts.

• Upvote 3

Sounds like you're describing me as well there Karl. Except I wear glasses. And will not be as sexy as you like.