You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The XBMC thread - What it is, how it works etc...

Sugar Ape

Wondering if you watched the Moscow game tonight and, if so, what your stream was like?

I actually have BT sports with my Virgin Media package. I signed up on Monday and it was fine for the Arsenal game.

Someone at work told me about another service for £50 a year that sounds like a copy of Sportsmania (live sports, on demand and movies), that's all hush hush that is stand alone. Details only accessible via a Facebook page.

Doesn't even come up on a Google search.

Once I find out, will let you all know.

I actually have BT sports with my Virgin Media package. I signed up on Monday and it was fine for the Arsenal game.

Someone at work told me about another service for £50 a year that sounds like a copy of Sportsmania (live sports, on demand and movies), that's all hush hush that is stand alone. Details only accessible via a Facebook page.

Doesn't even come up on a Google search.

Once I find out, will let you all know.

Sounds a lot like Smoothstreams,although thats about £75 for 6 months. Got sportsmania working a bit for the chelsea game but it was so buffery it was impossible to watch.

Sounds a lot like Smoothstreams,although thats about £75 for 6 months. Got sportsmania working a bit for the chelsea game but it was so buffery it was impossible to watch.

I'm trying out a month of Smooth Streams currently. It's definitely not that.

I know the name of it, but won't share as stuff from this site comes up on Google searches.

Will only pm the to people that want to know, once I get the Facebook link to it and have all the details.

Had a couple of pm's about the above. Really sorry, I haven't seen the guy who told me about the service at work as he works for another company and only see him on smoke breaks. Hope to bump to him again to get the info.

On the subject of SmoothStreams, the interface is terrible on both Android (apk) and iOS browsers.

However, within Kodi the interface is fantastic.

This is a screenshot of the programme guide within Kodi, which both the standalone android app or the iOS browsers don't have:

2ebr7m8.jpg

You're able to select sport from the sub menu on the left or just leave on all for all current live sports.

So unless you plan to run mostly on your laptop, I'd recommend running it in Kodi.

As for the streams, they are top notch. Most come on instantly once selected.

I'm trying out a month of Smooth Streams currently. It's definitely not that.

I know the name of it, but won't share as stuff from this site comes up on Google searches.

Will only pm the to people that want to know, once I get the Facebook link to it and have all the details.

Would you mind sending me a PM with the details? Assuming you get them?

SmoothStreams sign up page on their Twitter pinned tweet:

https://twitter.com/smoothstreamstv?lang=en

Best thing about SmoothStreams is you don't have to fuck about with VPN's, as their streams are hidden.

This means you don't lose broadband speed with you ISP potentially throttling, then losing further speed via a VPN, which is the problem with Sportsmania. Their lame servers are part of the issue too.

• Upvote 1

Signed up for an initial month to give it a go, installed on my tablet and it's very good so far. Not a single buffer, whereas it was very choppy on Sportsmania.

Fingers crossed it stays this way.

Cheers for the link to their twitter page.

Their Twitter page says since 2003 and CD on here has used them for a while, so fingers crossed indeed.

Signed up for an initial month to give it a go, installed on my tablet and it's very good so far. Not a single buffer, whereas it was very choppy on Sportsmania.

Fingers crossed it stays this way.

Cheers for the link to their twitter page.

Ditto here.Did mine yesterday,Saturday and its great. One problem though is that it works brilliantly online and I was able to download the kodi add on through the superrepo package and on my phone but I can't log in to the kodi add on or the android phone/tablet app. A bit frustrating really.

Ditto here.Did mine yesterday,Saturday and its great. One problem though is that it works brilliantly online and I was able to download the kodi add on through the superrepo package and on my phone but I can't log in to the kodi add on or the android phone/tablet app. A bit frustrating really.

Think I've sorted it now.Was using an older kodi app for smoothstreams rather than a newer one.Thanks to a Stoke City forum for this advice! I didn't join it,I just saw an old post in google.

Think I've sorted it now.Was using an older kodi app for smoothstreams rather than a newer one.Thanks to a Stoke City forum for this advice! I didn't join it,I just saw an old post in google.

SS does run ever so slightly smoother outside of Kodi, as a standalone app, but I have to agree that the user interface is much better inside of Kodi.

Carvs, I noticed you posting on the GF that you've linked Terrarium to your Alluc account. I've had a look in the settings and can't for the life of me figure out how you've done it. I noticed in the change log that they've added Alluc as a provider but can't see where I would put in my account details. Do I need to upgrade to a newer version of Terrarium?

Quick heads up to those now subscribing to Smoothstreams; if you've paid for your sub via Paypal (like I have, 3 times now), just be aware that your Paypal account will be set to automatically renew the sub upon expiration.

Nothing untoward there, like I said, I've subscribed to them 3 different times and the service is great and there've been no issues regarding trustworthiness. Just thought you should know that though.

Personally though, I don't like anyone having access to any of my accounts, so if you feel the same you can easily log into Paypal website (must be their website and not the app), access settings, go to payments, then subscriptions. Cancel the subscription to Tony Roma biz (Smoothstreams sub), if you want peace of mind.

You may well choose to leave the recurring subscription because it is a fucking ballache to piss around setting up your payment imho, but horses for courses. Just thought you all should know.

• Upvote 1

SS does run ever so slightly smoother outside of Kodi, as a standalone app, but I have to agree that the user interface is much better inside of Kodi.

How do you put the stand alone app on a firestick? Its been working flawlessly for me since 10 minutes into Arsenal game and I'm currently enjoying Hertha v Bayern before watching our game in a few minutes. This app kicks sportsmania's arse,particularly since the start of this season.

How do you put the stand alone app on a firestick? Its been working flawlessly for me since 10 minutes into Arsenal game and I'm currently enjoying Hertha v Bayern before watching our game in a few minutes. This app kicks sportsmania's arse,particularly since the start of this season.

Note that it only works on Fire boxes/sticks if you have the override Google Play store.

That's why I was forced to run it via Kodi to watch games on my TV.

Strange that it works fine on my Fire tablet from the apk.

Note that it only works on Fire boxes/sticks if you have the override Google Play store.

That's why I was forced to run it via Kodi to watch games on my TV.

Strange that it works fine on my Fire tablet from the apk.

I have the option to get apps from google on my firestick but no idea what you mean by override.

I have the option to get apps from google on my firestick but no idea what you mean by override.

I know nowt about Firesticks but to get the Android .apk app, log into MyStreams.tv then go to the How To section. In there it gives you a link to download the Android app.

I guess that from there you would just need to go to your Firestick's Download folder and click the link. The app icon should then appear in your app tray. Make sense ?

I know nowt about Firesticks but to get the Android .apk app, log into MyStreams.tv then go to the How To section. In there it gives you a link to download the Android app.

I guess that from there you would just need to go to your Firestick's Download folder and click the link. The app icon should then appear in your app tray. Make sense ?

Sort of. Ive got ES File Explorer so I imagine this would be an option to get the apk onto the stick?