You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The XBMC thread - What it is, how it works etc...

Sugar Ape

25 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:

Yeah, easily. Change to any skin other than the Kodi base one and everything is easily customisable. You’ll see it’s so easy it’s not worth me even typing instructions. 

You can have it open up to absolutely anything.

Ok thanks , I'll give it a go later 

Just now, Captain Turdseye said:

How’d you get on?

I've got a decent skin which opens straight to a menu with favourites etc , I have to go into a video addon to search for new stuff then bookmark it. 

Loving it so far , especially with the real debrid links - cheers

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, elvis said:

I've got a decent skin which opens straight to a menu with favourites etc , I have to go into a video addon to search for new stuff then bookmark it. 

Loving it so far , especially with the real debrid links - cheers

It’s endlessly customisable, mate.

Have a read up on something called Trakt, which tracks what you’re watching and allows you to ‘collect’ shows and let you know when there’s new episodes and stuff. 

Then add widgets to your skin linked to Trakt playlists. Game changer. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:

It’s endlessly customisable, mate.

Have a read up on something called Trakt, which tracks what you’re watching and allows you to ‘collect’ shows and let you know when there’s new episodes and stuff. 

Then add widgets to your skin linked to Trakt playlists. Game changer. 

Nice one , shipping out of the family home next week so plenty of time to mess and wallow! 

2 hours ago, Captain Turdseye said:

Ouch! Sorry to hear that, man. You staying on the island?

Not for the foreseeable future , back across the water to stay with family for a while. My daughter is off to Liverpool uni , 20 mins on train from me , so it's not all bad - just a bit of a wrench after 20 years .

1 hour ago, elvis said:

Not for the foreseeable future , back across the water to stay with family for a while. My daughter is off to Liverpool uni , 20 mins on train from me , so it's not all bad - just a bit of a wrench after 20 years .

I can imagine mate. 

On the flip side, I bet you weren’t expecting to live the bachelor lifestyle again! You’ll be grand once you get yourself back in the game. 

2 hours ago, Captain Turdseye said:

I can imagine mate. 

On the flip side, I bet you weren’t expecting to live the bachelor lifestyle again! You’ll be grand once you get yourself back in the game. 

It's only leaving the house and the island, marriage has been dead in the water a long time. 

Been chatting to a lovely old friend who's now living in Birkdale , fingers crossed on that one !

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, VladimirIlyich said:

I have to honest and say I have no idea what to even look for to watch on Real Debrid. I don't know of any tv series I'd like to watch that I haven't seen. 

Any recommendations?

Just started mystery road , Aussie crime/drama thing , only seen 2 episode but it has potential - could turn out shite but who knows.  Second series of upright is on my list also 

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, Paulie Dangerously said:

Without going through the myriad of pages, is this still as simple as buying a fire stick and downloading one of those Kodi-a-like things?

Do people still pay for specific sports services and are they reliable?

Buy yourself a Firestick and the TNF will sort you out for the IPTV which is very reliable. This one is a tenner a month, £45 for 6 months and £80 for the year. 

Kodi is a whole different ball game, especially at the moment where all the developers are making add ons that require something called Real Debrid. 

It’s dead easy to do but it’s a lot of fucking around the first time you do it and eventually all this shit becomes second nature.