You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The XBMC thread - What it is, how it works etc...

Sugar Ape

12 hours ago, Brownie said:

Get Arctic Horizon 2 from Jurialmunkey Repo. Widgets are great with that.

Just loaded it onto my mates stick , gonna do mine later.  Didn't stick with it for too long , but wasn't obvious as to how you get the skin interface on home screen - all I had was a white screen with a few folders.

Will play with it later

11 hours ago, Carvalho Diablo said:

No, but a solution...just save the search option to your favourites on the home screen. Piece of piss.

I'm searching from Ezra , is that possible?

I'll have another look later On my Amber skin , it has it's own search function on the homepage but never comes up with any results - what's the purpose of it ? 

Also is Fen a good option for a skin, seen it mentioned on here and on other webpages

3 minutes ago, elvis said:

I'm searching from Ezra , is that possible?

I'll have another look later On my Amber skin , it has it's own search function on the homepage but never comes up with any results - what's the purpose of it ? 

Also is Fen a good option for a skin, seen it mentioned on here and on other webpages

Definitely possible. Just go into Ezra, long click on Search, then add to favourites.

I use Fen and Fen Lite all the time too, both excellent, quick and light, I don't use skins other than the default.

1 hour ago, Carvalho Diablo said:

Definitely possible. Just go into Ezra, long click on Search, then add to favourites.

I use Fen and Fen Lite all the time too, both excellent, quick and light, I don't use skins other than the default.

Sorted that now , one click to favourites and Ezra search - lot better . Ta

• Upvote 1

On 30/12/2023 at 13:40, elvis said:

Anyone have their Kodi skin set up , so they can search your chosen video add on without opening the video add on ? 

Doing my head in a wee bit 

If you sort AH2 out properly, you use an add-on called TMDB Helper and the search menu on the home screen links to that.

Takes a while to properly configure that skin but it’s well worth it.

Here’s a link to a decent guide to get you going with it:

14 minutes ago, Brownie said:

If you sort AH2 out properly, you use an add-on called TMDB Helper and the search menu on the home screen links to that.

Takes a while to properly configure that skin but it’s well worth it.

Here’s a link to a decent guide to get you going with it:

Nice one , sorting a fire stick for my daughter so I'll give it a go , ta

My favourite Open subtitles add on had just gone subscription only, a bit of a twat for those of us who like the foreign in their native language.

Try this though; a4k Subtitles add on. Free of charge and works a treat. Follow the install instructions from halfway down, takes seconds to install.

https://github.com/a4k-openproject/a4kSubtitles

You're welcome.

• Upvote 2

On 01/01/2024 at 16:59, Carvalho Diablo said:

My favourite Open subtitles add on had just gone subscription only, a bit of a twat for those of us who like the foreign in their native language.

Try this though; a4k Subtitles add on. Free of charge and works a treat. Follow the install instructions from halfway down, takes seconds to install.

https://github.com/a4k-openproject/a4kSubtitles

You're welcome.

Nice one mate, this is better than Open Subtitles for me. I couldn’t really find any Forced subs with that add on but this one has them.

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...
5 hours ago, Captain Turdseye said:

Just popping in to say Kodi is fucking magic, innit. 

Don’t forget to cash in your points on Debrid. 1000 points = 30 days free. 

It’s amazing with Real Debrid, absolute game changer. Nice one to all on here for helping out with it.

• Upvote 2

On 30/12/2023 at 00:33, Brownie said:

Get Arctic Horizon 2 from Jurialmunkey Repo. Widgets are great with that.

I’ve had a look at this skin. It’s decent. There’s no need for a repo though, I don’t think… I just found it in the skins and had a gander without realising it was this one that you were on about. 

I like it, it’s smart. I’d prefer more font options but other than that it’s OK. I’ll keep it for a while. 

On 31/01/2024 at 09:32, Captain Turdseye said:

I’ve had a look at this skin. It’s decent. There’s no need for a repo though, I don’t think… I just found it in the skins and had a gander without realising it was this one that you were on about. 

I like it, it’s smart. I’d prefer more font options but other than that it’s OK. I’ll keep it for a while. 

Post some pics lad !

On 30/01/2024 at 16:54, Captain Turdseye said:

Just popping in to say Kodi is fucking magic, innit. 

Don’t forget to cash in your points on Debrid. 1000 points = 30 days free. 

First I've hear of these points , do tell

2 hours ago, elvis said:

First I've hear of these points , do tell

When you’re on the Debrid website, you’ll see your expiry date and something called ‘Fidelity Points’ 

Every time you renew you get more of them. You can click on your account profile and there’s an option to swap every 1000 points for 30 extra days on your sub. 

When I first found out about this I’d built up enough points to get a few months out of it. 

24 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:

When you’re on the Debrid website, you’ll see your expiry date and something called ‘Fidelity Points’ 

Every time you renew you get more of them. You can click on your account profile and there’s an option to swap every 1000 points for 30 extra days on your sub. 

When I first found out about this I’d built up enough points to get a few months out of it. 

I forgot about them, I've just got an extra 90 days.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Captain Turdseye said:

Cushty

Putting this in here as well. 

Just now, Captain Turdseye said:

I’m enjoying that Miners one too. Riveting stuff. 

Anyway the reason I’m in this thread is a recommendation for the Kodi nerds amongst us, who are also into our documentaries. The Asgard add-on has a documentary section which is absolutely mint. The Netflix ones are mainly kept in their own folder but if you open up the ‘Interesting’ section you’ll find some boss stand-alone docs, and if you open up the ‘Interesting TV shows’ folder you’ll find loads of mini-series. 

They’re both absolute treasure troves. Filled with stuff from everywhere. HBO, Showtime, National Geographic, Sky Documentaries, all sorts. Loads of different topics and “fuck me, I’ve gotta watch that” shows. Your favourites will be full up in no time. 

• Upvote 3

Been having a nightmare with my mums firestick. Everything was working fine and then she started getting “no results” when selecting a source to watch.

I revoked and re-authenticated her Real Debrid but no luck. Uninstalled and reinstalled the addon she uses, no luck. Moved her to a new add on, again no luck. Her Real Debrid hasn’t expired.

I’m stumped.

1 hour ago, Brownie said:

Been having a nightmare with my mums firestick. Everything was working fine and then she started getting “no results” when selecting a source to watch.

I revoked and re-authenticated her Real Debrid but no luck. Uninstalled and reinstalled the addon she uses, no luck. Moved her to a new add on, again no luck. Her Real Debrid hasn’t expired.

I’m stumped.

I think I had that , was ages ago but I'm sure it was in the add-on debrid account settings - not very helpful I know but I can take a look at mine later and see if anything stands out . 

CD or Turd might have better idea