You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Mohamed Salah

WhiskeyJar

18 hours ago, Megadrive Person said:

He has been inconsistent but he's basically been our best outfield player this season.

Dave made a really good point in one of the recent podcasts that maybe we expect too much from Salah. He's had a purple patch of almost Messi level form in his first season here and in the first half of last season, but that is an outlier, that isn't his true level. 

I don't see him being sold or wanting to leave in the summer either, as if he'd wanted to do that he would have just ran down the last year of his contract and left for free.

We have too much to sort out this summer without having to think about replacing Salah. 

I think there’s something to that.

He’s also being compared to other great players in our past like Gerrard, Barnes, Kenny et al, when he’s not really at that level. He’s on the next rung down and there’s nothing wrong with that.

16 minutes ago, Kevin D said:

He’s also being compared to other great players in our past like Gerrard, Barnes, Kenny et al, when he’s not really at that level. He’s on the next rung down and there’s nothing wrong with that.

Kenny and Barnes both won shit loads so the comparison with Salah is somewhat skewed.  Now I am not saying Salah must absolutely be put in the same category as those 2, but to be fair to him he was playing against the biggest sportswashing cheating cunts in the history of football. When he was at his absolute peak, he came up against another cheat in Ramos.

Salah should be sitting on 3 PLs, 2 CLs, 1 FA cup, 1 League Cup. Plus a few runners up medals to boot. In just over 5 years.

As for Stevie, he was just a freak who carried plenty of shite team mates on his own. 

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, Kevin D said:

Yeah, I hate him too.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, VladimirIlyich said:

If Kane leaves it will be to an English club. His style is typically English and,in my opinion,wouldnt transfer well to the continent.

Couldn’t disagree more. He’s a great #9 and a great #10. He’d score bucket loads for Bayern or anybody else.

46 minutes ago, Colonel Bumcunt said:

I'd be completely unsurprised to see Barca, Madrid, City, PSG all having a go for them this summer.  

Really? I think they're pretty much untouchable right now. No way would Arsenal be selling them and even if they did Barca couldn't afford them. If they were gettable then there'd be loads of interest, but I just don't see it.

The time to get Saka was a year ago when he supposedly had that £40m release clause.

2 hours ago, dave u said:

Really? I think they're pretty much untouchable right now. No way would Arsenal be selling them and even if they did Barca couldn't afford them. If they were gettable then there'd be loads of interest, but I just don't see it.

The time to get Saka was a year ago when he supposedly had that £40m release clause.

I'd be surprised if Martinelli thought winning the league with them again was possible.  They won't get near a CL trophy.  

I see the new contract as just the normal preservation of his transfer value, his last deal would have expired in 2 years.  

Arsenal won't want to sell, but it is what it is.  Brazilian players and Spanish clubs, it's like catnip.  

Saka would be much harder, and less likely to want to leave, but a silly money offer from City could be how Pep unsettles a rival's star player.  Mahrez is 31 now, and Pep can offer Saka the chance to be part of a replica England set-up with Foden, Grealish, Walker, Phillips, Stones.  I dunno, it matters to some players I guess. 

14 hours ago, Pidge said:

And trophies. 

Apart from all the money and trophies, what have Bayern ever done for us?

The Bundesliga title that almost everybody wins at Bayern every year you mean? At least Bellingham went to rival with a smaller chance of winning something. Mind you,after Spurs the Screen Sport Super Cup would be worthwhile.

On 14/03/2023 at 13:49, Carra_is_legend said:

Kenny and Barnes both won shit loads so the comparison with Salah is somewhat skewed.  Now I am not saying Salah must absolutely be put in the same category as those 2, but to be fair to him he was playing against the biggest sportswashing cheating cunts in the history of football. When he was at his absolute peak, he came up against another cheat in Ramos.

Salah should be sitting on 3 PLs, 2 CLs, 1 FA cup, 1 League Cup. Plus a few runners up medals to boot. In just over 5 years.

As for Stevie, he was just a freak who carried plenty of shite team mates on his own. 

It may seem like it, looking back with rose tinted glasses that Barnes won shitloads here but he "only" won 2 leagues, 2 FA cups and a league cup with us. It is comparable to Mo's haul of one league title, one Champions League, an FA cup, a league cup, and a club world cup. 

I agree totally though, that City are cheats and Ramos is a cunt. 

I don't think Mo is the type of player who turns games on his own like a Maradona,Messi,Cruyff et al and I was astonished we paid him alone the type of wages we did. If he stayed and we became a fully functioning unit again he'd be brilliant once again. I could understand resentment from other players because Mo needs them at the top of their game as much as they need him. His individual figures are fantastic but he hasn't done them without help fom others.