You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Mohamed Salah

WhiskeyJar

29 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

and just like that --poof, gone.

Paris St-Germain could let at least one of Argentina forward Lionel Messi, 35, France striker Kylian Mbappe, 24, and Brazil forward Neymar, 31, leave the club in the summer as the club looks to reduce its wage bill because of Uefa financial fair play.

Messi and Neymar's only options are like Ronaldo's were. Playing in Saudi Arabia or the like.

I guess all three of them are on more than even what Salah would want there.

What would Salah actually be worth now? 31 by the summer, on wages that would rule out most clubs, seemingly not the player he was even 12 months ago even accounting for how disfunctional the team is.

£60m - £80m?

1 minute ago, Jairzinho said:

Messi and Neymar's only options are like Ronaldo's were. Playing in Saudi Arabia or the like.

I guess all three of them are on more than even what Salah would want there.

What would Salah actually be worth now? 31 by the summer, on wages that would rule out most clubs, seemingly not the player he was even 12 months ago even accounting for how disfunctional the team is.

£60m - £80m?

Neither need the money from wages, they make more off the field - Messi has talked recently of finishing at Old Boy's or could make a mint (off the field) by playing in Miami.

As for a potential Salah fee I think that is the ballpark - it is no longer 100m+. 

1 minute ago, TheHowieLama said:

Neither need the money from wages, they make more off the field - Messi has talked recently of finishing at Old Boy's or could make a mint (off the field) by playing in Miami.

As for a potential Salah fee I think that is the ballpark - it is no longer 100m+. 

I don't think MLS pay massive for him unless he's going to dribble past 5 players and slot it every game.  He's stopped running now. 

Just now, Colonel Bumcunt said:

I don't think MLS pay massive for him unless he's going to dribble past 5 players and slot it every game.  He's stopped running now. 

MLS would pay for him to stand in the center circle for 90 minutes signing jerseys and taking selfies with fans - he is the greatest player of all time ffs.

Garth Crooks: "“To become Liverpool’s leading Premier League scorer is a nice record to have but I’m not entirely surprised considering how much he enjoys scoring goals.”

It's a genius insight. But it's not that surprising, considering how much he enjoys making genius insights.

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, gkmacca said:

Garth Crooks: "“To become Liverpool’s leading Premier League scorer is a nice record to have but I’m not entirely surprised considering how much he enjoys scoring goals.”

It's a genius insight. But it's not that surprising, considering how much he enjoys making genius insights.

Surely he’s only in a job to tick some special needs boxes by his employer. 

Crooks, that is. 

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

Just 5 behind God and 8 behind Stevie.

Screenshot_2023-03-06-09-26-25-30_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg

Great goal scoring record, but I think the “Liverpool’s top scorer in the premier league” record they were touting yesterday is meaningless.

This top 10 list is the one that matters.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, TheBitch said:

Surely he’s only in a job to tick some special needs boxes by his employer. 

Crooks, that is. 

Possibly. He's one of the great mysteries of sports broadcasting. He used to be given reporting and interviewing jobs, where he'd ask...these...incredibly...long...questions, whilst looking as though he was trying to explain Heidegger to a puppy. Then even his employers got fed up with that. Now he seems to just sit on his capacious arse doing a clickbaiting team of the week selection. I guess he's also probably chair of some or other worthy body regarding social mobility for people with comic book names like Garth. Probably will soon be Lord Garth of the Potteries.

• Upvote 1

46 minutes ago, Kevin D said:

Great goal scoring record, but I think the “Liverpool’s top scorer in the premier league” record they were touting yesterday is meaningless.

This top 10 list is the one that matters.

I think meaningless is a bit harsh but I get your point. It’s all very sky sports era.

Regarding that list does anyone else get up to Ian Rush’s numbers and just think ‘what the fuck!?’

• Upvote 1