You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Mohamed Salah

WhiskeyJar

1 hour ago, Chris said:

I think he's working some kind of angle here. I'm not sure what it is, but I feel like there's more to this than meets the eye.

Exactly what I initially thought when I first read it.

“The CL is so important to me, and as a player who isn’t getting any younger, I don’t feel I can miss out, even for just a year.“

I can’t believe people on here have been contemplating selling Mo. Why on earth would anyone willingly sell a player who is more likely than not to score 30 goals? However it’s possible he takes that prospect out of our hands? Maybe he fancies finishing his career playing for the Qataris in Paris? 

• Upvote 1

On face value that’s fair comment from Mo. We have been below the minimum standard required, but we’ve known that for over half the season.

Interesting that he says “We have let you and ourselves down”, so it’s not as if he’s distancing himself from blame, but to come out pretty much as soon as fifth was confirmed is odd timing, especially as he also says “it’s too soon for an uplifting or optimistic post”.

Wonder if the post was sanctioned by the club?

I'd much rather we'd qualified for the CL than any of this individual bollocks. It's a team game and if I had to single one player out this season it would be Alisson for giving us a slight chance of even making the CL until last night. Salah has done his job too,as he is expected to,but fuck individual shit as it's about the team and it has some making up to do next season.

• Upvote 1

Not reading too much into it. Clcikbait for the Beeb, especially with the Have Yours Say bit open for Mancs, Bitters, Knuckle draggers, serfs, Ingerlund fans and other assorted thick motherfuckers adding their piece

And it was worth copping a ban from their for asking how long had one poster been fucking his sister for.

• Upvote 1

And his tweet about how much he'll miss the four who have left just screams "I want to be next". Obviously.

Dry yer knickers, everyone. Would you rather he posted that he's happy with this season? For the first time in five years he's going to play a league match that has nothing riding on it; I'd be gutted if he wasn't disappointed.

• Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, Mook said:

His Tweet belongs in the shitness of modern Football thread.

Head down and get working on next season if you're not happy. No need for the big announcement about it.

It's a bit different in tone to the 'Did our best but things didn't really work out for us this season! Onwards and upwards! Thanks for your support!' stuff that we usually see, which is refreshing. 

In terms of Salah himself, he wasn't at his best, but that he can still put away 30 goals speaks volumes for how much we still rely on him. 

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, El Rojo said:

It's a bit different in tone to the 'Did our best but things didn't really work out for us this season! Onwards and upwards! Thanks for your support!' stuff that we usually see, which is refreshing. 

In terms of Salah himself, he wasn't at his best, but that he can still put away 30 goals speaks volumes for how much we still rely on him. 

It's not the tone which bothers me, it's the fact he was compelled to make an announcement at all.

It's not something I'll lose any sleep about though, they'll probably all be doing it in the next few years.

2 minutes ago, Mook said:

It's not the tone which bothers me, it's the fact he was compelled to make an announcement at all.

It's not something I'll lose any sleep about though, they'll probably all be doing it in the next few years.

He`s not talking to you Mook you miserable bastard. 

• Haha 3
  • Upvote 1

He wasnt actually as good this season as his goals and assists suggest, but with lesser players than him and Alisson we might have fought relegation. 

His decline is far less of a worry than the likely possibility that Nunez and Diaz dont ever become top players. 

• Upvote 1