You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Mohamed Salah

WhiskeyJar

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

What are people's thoughts on shipping him out in the summer? His half arsed performances have been pissing me off this year, all the more frustrating due to the fact he could turn it on again like a tap if he wanted to. Another season like this and his value will plummet.

37 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

What are people's thoughts on shipping him out in the summer? His half arsed performances have been pissing me off this year, all the more frustrating due to the fact he could turn it on again like a tap if he wanted to. Another season like this and his value will plummet.

Not that i want it - but i have been absolutely convinced for a while and said so on here a few times that I believe he leaves this summer

55 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

I'm indifferent now to be honest.

He hasn't become a bad player overnight - he is suffering a lot along with others because things are broken around him.

It is like Rashford with the mancs - looked shite with shite behind him and with that preening prick they bin bagged ruining their play - they fixed the shite behind him, bin bagged the preening prick and voila Rashford is firing again.

That isn't to say Salah is blameless - but for me it is the cumulative effects of playing in a broken team, less chances, lesser quality chances, not getting ball in such dangerous areas or in as much space, trying to beat too many men etc etc and making poor decisions (often because sod all else on) and all that leads to a fall off of confidence and intensity.

Fix the shite that is killing us as a team you see a better Salah IMO.

All that said mind i stand by my assertion he leaves this summer and for sake of what would likely be only one more season anyway, maybe it is right time that he does for club and for him.

• Upvote 2

Hes still got it but this season the running into dead ends time after time or losing the ball at his feet has been frustrating as hell. Is there one single established player though who comes out of this season with any real credit though. They've all been wank and even those who've been the best have had moments that make you wonder if everyone at the club had a lobotomy. It's just a shit old season rubbed in by the fact the mancs are riding giddy and the ultimate shithouse team Arsenal are in a good place to win the league, actually so are the mancs they could easily pip arsenal and Abu Dhabi as they pressure each other.

2 hours ago, Section_31 said:

No one is paying him what we are based on performances this year. 

6 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

Not sure Salah would go to Newcastle - his standing in Egypt might be of concern there.

Are there more than two others?

PSG would be a good match, especially if/when they fail in Europe again and want to shake things up.

Wouldn’t like him to leave, but we’ll need a source of money in the summer one way or another.

Just now, El Rojo said:

PSG would be a good match, especially if/when they fail in Europe again and want to shake things up.

Wouldn’t like him to leave, but we’ll need a source of money in the summer one way or another.

It is, and it has been the only viable option the last couple windows.

Messi out Salah in would work for them.

20 hours ago, Section_31 said:

The same thought I had in the summer. Fuck him off.

19 hours ago, an tha said:

He hasn't become a bad player overnight - he is suffering a lot along with others because things are broken around him.

It is like Rashford with the mancs - looked shite with shite behind him and with that preening prick they bin bagged ruining their play - they fixed the shite behind him, bin bagged the preening prick and voila Rashford is firing again.

That isn't to say Salah is blameless - but for me it is the cumulative effects of playing in a broken team, less chances, lesser quality chances, not getting ball in such dangerous areas or in as much space, trying to beat too many men etc etc and making poor decisions (often because sod all else on) and all that leads to a fall off of confidence and intensity.

Fix the shite that is killing us as a team you see a better Salah IMO.

All that said mind i stand by my assertion he leaves this summer and for sake of what would likely be only one more season anyway, maybe it is right time that he does for club and for him.

It's understandable that his performance has suffered because the team around his is dysfunctional. But he's our top earner and flagship player, he should be the one who drags up the quality of those around him and makes things happen when things aren't running smoothly. 

FSG will certainly be raising an eyebrow next time a player wants a big salary out of them, considering the drop in Mo's form once he got his contract. 

4 minutes ago, Aventus said:

It's understandable that his performance has suffered because the team around his is dysfunctional. But he's our top earner and flagship player, he should be the one who drags up the quality of those around him and makes things happen when things aren't running smoothly. 

FSG will certainly be raising an eyebrow next time a player wants a big salary out of them, considering the drop in Mo's form once he got his contract. 

Fully agree upon the first part.

But when exactly did he sign the contract? I think his drop in form started around desember 2021. At least he was never near his best after the African championship. Thought he signed the new contract after that?

22 hours ago, El Rojo said:

22 hours ago, TheHowieLama said:

It is, and it has been the only viable option the last couple windows.

Messi out Salah in would work for them.

and just like that --poof, gone.

Paris St-Germain could let at least one of Argentina forward Lionel Messi, 35, France striker Kylian Mbappe, 24, and Brazil forward Neymar, 31, leave the club in the summer as the club looks to reduce its wage bill because of Uefa financial fair play.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Joey8FrogsLegs said:

Fully agree upon the first part.

But when exactly did he sign the contract? I think his drop in form started around desember 2021. At least he was never near his best after the African championship. Thought he signed the new contract after that?

Yes. I also wonder what effect his massive pay rise has had on the rest of the squad.