You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Mohamed Salah

WhiskeyJar

Defenders haven't a clue what to do. He has that turn of pace if you give him space, a nice low centre of gravity to beat them if you stand off and a seemingly unerring ability to find the corner. Added the two of the goals were right footed, you can't even try to keep him on his "" bad" side.

He's doing ok

• Upvote 1

I think this ‘ripped off at 34m’ thing, whilst it’s true he’s proving money well spent, does some disservice to Klopp and the staff. We didn’t buy this Mo Salah for 34m. We got that player, played him in a different way, and improved him, to the point he is now a £200m player. When he first came, people were banging on about how poor his finishing is, some even talking about him not being that fast, etc. He has come a long way, we got a good player and turned him into a top quality player. There’s credit for Mo, the manager, and those who pushed to buy him.

• Upvote 4

I think this ‘ripped off at 34m’ thing, whilst it’s true he’s proving money well spent, does some disservice to Klopp and the staff. We didn’t buy this Mo Salah for 34m. We got that player, played him in a different way, and improved him, to the point he is now a £200m player. When he first came, people were banging on about how poor his finishing is, some even talking about him not being that fast, etc. He has come a long way, we got a good player and turned him into a top quality player. There’s credit for Mo, the manager, and those who pushed to buy him.

Agreed. He looks much better now than the clips I’ve seen of his, and obviously from his time at Chelsea.

Sums you up. Even in times of positivity you find a negative.

And? He's a magnificent player, he's playing out of his skin, we are not Real Madrid, PSG, Barcelona, or Manchester City, and we have owners who are moneyball freaks! Ergo, our best players are ripe for the picking!

Do you see FSG turning down a £100m profit after a year?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

Why do you even bother?

Why do you even bother?

The issue with the theory that FSG looks to sell it's best players is a myth imo. Torres, Suarez, Sterling and Coutinho have all but gone on strike to achieve their moves as the club didn't want to sell. The Torres money immediately went on Suarez/Caroll.The Suarez money was splashed on a load of players. Some duds, some OK. Benteke and Firmino came in for Sterling.This summer will tell re the Coutinho money.
  • Upvote 3

That’s one way you could pretend to not being utterly fucking wrong about him. Nothing new for you of course.

Unless you were the one who thought he would come in and take the league by storm, it’s probably fair to say than he’s performed far better than anyone could have imagined. He’s blimmin fantastic.

The issue with the theory that FSG looks to sell it's best players is a myth imo. Torres, Suarez, Sterling and Coutinho have all but gone on strike to achieve their moves as the club didn't want to sell. The Torres money immediately went on Suarez/Caroll.The Suarez money was splashed on a load of players. Some duds, some OK. Benteke and Firmino came in for Sterling.This summer will tell re the Coutinho money.

Got to agree. The club has spent money from sales. Some of the money was quite literally thrown away on Markovic Downing Carrol and Benteke but it was spent. Even if Coutinhos money was spent on Keita and van Dyke which I do not think it was it has been spent on players. Seems some people want the club to commit to massive debt on player transfers but if that happened there would be pressure to sell the likes of Torres Suarez and Salah without any of them asking to leave.

Agreed. He looks much better now than the clips I’ve seen of his, and obviously from his time at Chelsea.

His end product is better, everything else is similar. Salah has always been quality, which is why I was banging on about him for the year before he joined Chelsea. He has always had great potential.

Nice interview from Salah.

http://www.espn.co.uk/football/liverpool/story/3422896/liverpools-mohamed-salah-the-premier-league-is-perfect-for-me

If you look at me now and five years ago, everything has changed -- mentally, physically... everything

"[Klopp] changed something in me," Salah told ESPN. "Now I play closer to the goal than in any club before. If you see my goals and everything I did in my last four or five years, every year is better than the year before."

"It's a dream to win the Premier League here after a long time," he said. "A club that hasn't won it for a long time, it's my dream -- honestly. I want to win it with this club."

• Upvote 2

Genuinely one of the greatest players to ever play for us. I knew Mo’ was going to be boss, his record in Italy and at international level speak for themselves. But he has been absolutely breathtaking, it’s like he’s pissed off he didn’t get on the score sheet against Porto and Manc cunts and said have it Watford cunts.

He does display some Messi characteristics in open play and can understand some of comparisons, That 3rd goal yesterday is straight out of the Messi play-book, Doesn't have the dead ball skills but he's probably a bit pacier and is a bit more two footed , Remarkable he's turned into a scoring machine and totally unexpected , I doubt even Mo thought he had this in him, Just hope he realises the chemistry and freedom he enjoys on the pitch is down to Klopp and the team around him . He needs to avoid a circus with Madrid or Barca in the summer and commit unequivocally to Liverpool next season.