You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Mohamed Salah

WhiskeyJar

Him signing a new contract in the face of interest from the biggest club in the world would be a statement that he wants to be at Liverpool for a while, that he isn't bring cashed in on, and that you get rewarded for brilliance video you come to Liverpool. Yours seems quite a strange objection to me.

Seeing multi millionaire footballers being given even more millions nine months into new job while people sleep in cardboard boxes and struggle to feed and clothe their families just a stone's throw from where they play is not really strange to me. This is the shitness of modern football.

Seeing multi millionaire footballers being given even more millions nine months into new job while people sleep in cardboard boxes and struggle to feed and clothe their families just a stone's throw from where they play is not really strange to me. This is the shitness of modern football.

That has nothing to do with anything that was being said.

Yes. Football is egregious and people are paid dramatically more than others. That applies whether he gets a new contract or not. It has little to do with the point being made. You were talking about agent leaks and not succumbing to them. He did very well and we can tie him down. The wider football v homelessness debate isn’t relevant.

I think the club has always gone down a path (going back decades), where if a player came in and exceeded all expectation, they were rewarded. I don't have an issue with that at all, it's like promotion in your job even though you were last in. As we know, he'll go as soon as interest comes from a Madrid or Barcelona (maybe PSG), but hopefully rewarding him now justifies keeping him out of the hands of the Manchester clubs or Chelsea.

Honestly and I know people will say bullshit but I wouldn't swap Bobby for Bruyne. I wouldn't swap salah either for him. I wouldn't even argue against De Bruyne being the best player in the league because it's a valid shout but I personally would rather Bobby and salah. So fuck Bruyne the weird mazerunner blonde lesbian type Nazi archetype character actor bastard.

• Upvote 4

Scoring more than Suarez ever did in a season for us, incredible.  Then again can you imagine Suarez under Klopp

Think I mentioned in the match thread that he's very few braces and no hat tricks either, making the volume of goals all the more remarkable.

Scoring more than Suarez ever did in a season for us, incredible. Then again can you imagine Suarez under Klopp

Think I mentioned in the match thread that he's very few braces and no hat tricks either, making the volume of goals all the more remarkable.

Quite remarkable that he is already past Suarez best scoring season for us. But indeed. Suarez in this team would probably have been past 50 this season.

Quite remarkable that he is already past Suarez best scoring season for us. But indeed. Suarez in this team would probably have been past 50 this season.

Suarez also missed 10 games a season.
  • Upvote 1

Yes. All it will do is make his agent a bit less of a shit stirring cunt for a while.

Heir apparent* to Messi's throne.

Some of that intricate footwork looks like he's auditioning for the role.

*Not to say that anybody will ever be on that level, in terms in helping plug that goal and assist role, as well as exciting fans.

Yeah he could go to Barcelona or Madrid. And be jeered by their shit fans and even shittier media if he has a bad game, misplaces a pass or misses an open goal. He could even play for a manager at either club who really does not give a toss about the player so long as they win because his job is more important to him than any player. Nah, the lad's here as long as Jurgen is and the club acts like it is continuing to challenge city for the title.

Heir apparent* to Messi's throne.

Some of that intricate footwork looks like he's auditioning for the role.

*Not to say that anybody will ever be on that level, in terms in helping plug that goal and assist role, as well as exciting fans.

He's the Premier League version. A little stronger, a little more direct, a little less genius.

He's the Premier League version. A little stronger, a little more direct, a little less genius.

Well put.

A great thing about this league, is that it toughens playmakers up. 

The great David Silva can hold off more players, now, and he is not as interested in fannying about for 80% possession stats, it does make you more incisive.

Obviously far too much sky hype, and the kick and rush aspect to it, but I don't think Countinho would have learned as much in any other league, before he assumed Iniesta's mantle.

Yeah he could go to Barcelona or Madrid. And be jeered by their shit fans and even shittier media if he has a bad game, misplaces a pass or misses an open goal. He could even play for a manager at either club who really does not give a toss about the player so long as they win because his job is more important to him than any player. Nah, the lad's here as long as Jurgen is and the club acts like it is continuing to challenge city for the title.

We're challenging city for the title? In which way? Nobody is on the pitch and off it, we've sold our best player again.

That has nothing to do with anything that was being said.

Yes. Football is egregious and people are paid dramatically more than others. That applies whether he gets a new contract or not. It has little to do with the point being made. You were talking about agent leaks and not succumbing to them. He did very well and we can tie him down. The wider football v homelessness debate isn’t relevant.

I'm a bit like Tony Moanero in that all that really matters is the 90 minutes of football and all the rest of it makes me sick to my stomach. Pardew talking about people losing their jobs if they get relegated (him with a big golden handshake first) means the club is living beyond its means in the first place. I'd like to save my footballing sympathies for league one or two where relegation can actual mean teams folding or players and staff losing houses,cars and pretty much everything of worth over multi millionaires at the top who give fuck all to those in the same profession at a lower level. Not exactly to do with Salah but emphasise the pigs in a trough attitude at the top level nowadays.

• Upvote 1

I'm a bit like Tony Moanero in that all that really matters is the 90 minutes of football and all the rest of it makes me sick to my stomach. Pardew talking about people losing their jobs if they get relegated (him with a big golden handshake first) means the club is living beyond its means in the first place. I'd like to save my footballing sympathies for league one or two where relegation can actual mean teams folding or players and staff losing houses,cars and pretty much everything of worth over multi millionaires at the top who give fuck all to those in the same profession at a lower level. Not exactly to do with Salah but emphasise the pigs in a trough attitude at the top level nowadays.

Yeah. Football, the one I grew up playing, following and supporting is dead. It’s gross. But it is what it is.