You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The United States Government shutdown.

Kevin D

I think they had a constitutional argument against it.

BUT: Though it took some real contortions, the Supreme Court (and a right-leaning court at that) said it was constitutional.

Obama was subsequently re-elected as well.

They really don't have any legitimate reason to do what they're doing.

The problem is, a lot of their constituency couldn't give a fuck about democracy, the constitution, or anything beyond their own ingrained prejudices.

They see a black Kenyan communist in the White House, and anyone who does anything to thwart him, is a patriot, and a hero.

• Upvote 1

I live in the States and am in absolute despair.  I'm angry every day at the absolute charade it all is.  Trust us, the coastal states are generally not imbecilic and understand the major issues of our day, and are on the right side of opinion, but despite that our media and the army of 15,000 lobbyists canvasing Washington, D.C. present an insurmountable barrier to our Congressmen actually listening to us.

I'm a public school history teacher, I talk my head off every day trying to undo so much disinformation.  Despair is my favorite word for our situation.  I'm inches away from giving up on any form of democracy.  Money, money, money.  Destroy the world for money.  Corrupt all freshwater for money.  Ravage entire ecosystems for money.  Murder millions for money.  Ugh

• Upvote 15

Guest Numero Veinticinco

How many republicans you know that aren't cunts?

Heh, a few. But they're actual republican Republicans, rather than crazy Republicans who doesn't care about republicanism and parrot tea-party nonsense. There's nothing about being a republican that makes you inherently stupid, or crazy right-wing nut job mental, but they do seem to fall that way.

I live in the States and am in absolute despair.  I'm angry every day at the absolute charade it all is.  Trust us, the coastal states are generally not imbecilic and understand the major issues of our day, and are on the right side of opinion, but despite that our media and the army of 15,000 lobbyists canvasing Washington, D.C. present an insurmountable barrier to our Congressmen actually listening to us.

I'm a public school history teacher, I talk my head off every day trying to undo so much disinformation.  Despair is my favorite word for our situation.  I'm inches away from giving up on any form of democracy.  Money, money, money.  Destroy the world for money.  Corrupt all freshwater for money.  Ravage entire ecosystems for money.  Murder millions for money.  Ugh

Wanted to rep but I'm out.

Living in Norway I've never really felt much of an frustration with our government or our parliment, but now we have got a right wing party, FRP, in positionto be part of a government  for the first time I fear I might get to understand how it must be to live in some other countries where you wonder what will they fuck up next.

Heh, a few. But they're actual republican Republicans, rather than crazy Republicans who doesn't care about republicanism and parrot tea-party nonsense. There's nothing about being a republican that makes you inherently stupid, or crazy right-wing nut job mental, but they do seem to fall that way.

All the ones I met out there were cunts. Even the ones who pretended to not be republicans but 'just voted for Guiliani' were cunts when you scratched away at the surface.

A welcome addition to the forum indeed, stick around pal.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

All the ones I met out there were cunts. Even the ones who pretended to not be republicans but 'just voted for Guiliani' were cunts when you scratched away at the surface.

Oh aye, you'll have to go to great lengths to find somebody who is both a Republican and a non-cunt.

Nice post (and welcome to the forum btw Travis) but, fucks sake, don't be taking your .44 Magnum into school with you tomorrow.

• Upvote 1

A welcome addition to the forum indeed, stick around pal.

Yeah. Dont let us down

I live in the States and am in absolute despair. I'm angry every day at the absolute charade it all is. Trust us, the coastal states are generally not imbecilic and understand the major issues of our day, and are on the right side of opinion, but despite that our media and the army of 15,000 lobbyists canvasing Washington, D.C. present an insurmountable barrier to our Congressmen actually listening to us.

I'm a public school history teacher, I talk my head off every day trying to undo so much disinformation. Despair is my favorite word for our situation. I'm inches away from giving up on any form of democracy. Money, money, money. Destroy the world for money. Corrupt all freshwater for money. Ravage entire ecosystems for money. Murder millions for money. Ugh

A bit of a rarity,a US citizen with a knowledge of things beyond their own borders.

Welcome and hope you stick around.

Theres a poster named Mustang on here who i'm sure you will really get on with.

I'm convinced that America is headed for a civil war, or at least some form of abolition.

The divide that exists between states and regions just continues to grow.

Come to think of it, they'll probably just invade Canada.

Well...you've got a lot of natural resources so you would eventually become a target much like the middle east. I'm sure they have already wargamed it all out and have a good enough story to tell the world as to why Canada needs to be bought to the light of democracy the American way. Enjoy!

Well...you've got a lot of natural resources so you would eventually become a target much like the middle east. I'm sure they have already wargamed it all out and have a good enough story to tell the world as to why Canada needs to be bought to the light of democracy the American way. Enjoy!

I think the UK owns quite a bit of land in Canada so theyd have to bribe Cameron and his cronies with a couple of quid.