You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Not an Enrique fan at all, he seems a little clueless to me. Shaw displays far more intelligence and he is far younger. Of course compared to Sissokho Enrique is like Carlos reborn.

that's the case, our starting players are so shite right now that we see quite average players like Enrique, Flanagan, Lucas etc. as saviors and an answer to our fullback and DM issues, it's a pure sign of dropped standards and embracing mediocrity, of course that average is better than utter shite (Johnson, Cissokho, Gerrard playing deep in current setup) but it won't get you anywhere longterm.

• Upvote 1

that's the case, our starting players are so shite right now that we see quite average players like Enrique, Flanagan, Lucas etc. as saviors and an answer to our fullback and DM issues, it's a pure sign of dropped standards and embracing mediocrity, of course that average is better than utter shite (Johnson, Cissokho, Gerrard playing deep in current setup) but it won't get you anywhere longterm.

I really rated Johnson but he recently he looks so out of his depth he's got the bends.

Good player who is either playing through injury or has already made up his mind to leave and is going through the motions.

Buying a DM would be the logical thing to do. But doing something logical in the transfer market isn't the recent contemporary Liverpool way, it's rather an exception (e.g. Suarez, Sturridge).

We had and still have time to add a decent option like M'Villa. The owners don't even have the excuse of the transitional season anymore. We are right there and we are challenging. You either Invest and let us get the TOP 4 and all the money that follows CL football, or STFU.

At some point the balance of where we finish would inevitably have to fall on the side of us being great rather than our competition being shit. With Martinez strengthening, Spurs finding form and Utd potentially having a fit attack of RVP, Rooney and Mata, that time is now.

I still hold out hope Moyes can fuck it up, but not all three sides are going to slide. The next few days are going to be massive, we're a bit shit with a midfield two and I see no reason to be optimistic that our three first team CMs will all stay fit.

One decent midfield body is a must in this window, without it we run the risk of an exposed defence and an isolated attack.

• Upvote 1

I think maybe Brendan feels we can go 3 at the back again if one of remaining CM break down.

We can also play a centre back. Not idea but it's possible Brendan feels he can get by till the summer and then properly address the problem. 10 days left. Clocks ticking.

Why will going with three at back reduce the number of centre midfielders  we need?

If he perseveres with moving Gerrard into a new position midway through a season and doesn't bolster the midfield then he is pig ignorant and I can only believe he is a fucking dope.

Were one of the highest scorers in the league along with a ridiculous City squad but the fact we don't control games (even though he constantly goes on about it) and can't seem to hold our own water nevermind a lead is what is costing us. How is it possible so many other people can see it but it appears going off our links and lack of activity that the management can't?

We have played 22 already...

And that, obviously, radically alters my point.

You can't sign good players in January.

Yeah, that house of cards has collapsed. I wonder what the new one is going to be? Terrorism is always a useful lie, maybe they'll use that?