You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

@RadioCityNews

SPORT - #Liverpool in "advanced stages" of talks to try and sign Mohamed Salah from FC Basle

At least we are in advanced to try and sign him. Following that will be preliminary talks to actually sign him. Advanced talks will follow those preliminary talks.

Imminent.

Given Moyes is a 4-4-1-1 manager he'll either play him behind Rooney, or shunt him out wide. Problem is that he's a match winner, adding him to the ranks might be the difference over the course of the rest of the season.

I think the equation is simple. Sign centre midfielder, strong chance of top four. Don't sign central midfielder, could be unlikely.

Salah would be nice but goals haven't been the problem. Flanagan and Enrique returning should do in the full back position till summer.

• Upvote 1

You're right, I guess I just meant that I'd feel a little more secure knowing we were chasing a few established names already playing at a high level in addition to the value acquisitions. I know we're going after under valued players for good reasons, but in this case with the CL and Suarez future on the line I'd like to see us in contention for one or two of the bigger names, some players we know are ready to slot in immediately (just like Sakho and Mignolet in the summer and Sturridge and Coutinho last year). This year, not really sure any of the names being touted aren't just Aspas-types.

Also, I'm just complaining. 

I understand the point your trying to make but I thing using De jong as an example in your other post does not fit what you are saying.

Im not saying he is a world beater but he is a quality player who would improve on that position for the short term for example, getting us into the CL. He is 29 and has played for Ajax, Hamburg, City and AC and is still playing international football for Holland. Coutinho is not exactly a regular for Brazil or was he at Inter but look how that has turned out for us. I think we have been linked to a lot worse players than De jong but at the same time agree that id like us to be linked to some higher profile players but not just for the sake of it. 

Mata would paper over some cracks until the summer but they'd probably be better off buying players they're actually screaming out for and that can play in the CL would be a bonus. 

Hope he doesn't go. Quality player. Might be a few twists and turns yet, Chelsea should string them along and then ask for Rooney in exchange. 

Just in case anyone forgets as Mourinho has managed to convince most of the country Mata is a luxury player 21 goals and 29 assists last season and he prob would of had 50 assists except he had Torres missing most of them.

Hopefully they manage to mess this up but sounds like they are going all out lucky bastards.

• Upvote 1

Fuck it, I'm doing this...

------------M1-------------

Flanno--Sakho-Agger--Enrique

---------De Jong-----------

----Henderson--Allen-------

Sterling - Coutinho - Salah

-----------Suarez-----------

There, I've done it.

How are you making the ref let us use 12 players though?

There, I've done it.

An extra body in the side. Sneaky.

• Upvote 1

There, I've done it.

You'd have sterling or couthino in ahead of Sturridge? Just think that the 11 goals and various assists that Sturridge has got this year might make him worthy of a place...

I think Mata is a cunt.

He signed for Chelsea, he's a cunt.

He might look all cuddly, and you might think he 'gets us', but he wouldn't, he's a rent boy cunt who grabbed the money.

I'm not even sure Mourinho will sell him, i think there's a very real chance that they will dangle Mata to get United begging and then pull him away, just to be the playground bully.

But, anyway, good to see United trying to buy their way out of trouble once more. Whether it's £30m for a central defender, or £30m for a 30 year old injury-prone striker, or £27m for an 18 year old, they're upto their old tricks once more.