You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

I need your help.

A month or so from now, Mrs.Noos and I will have been married for precisely 10 years. As I'm sure you can appreciate, being married to me is pretty fucking ace and should be reward enough in itself, but experience tells me that women are odd, ungrateful cunts who expect us to make some sort of effort for occasions such as this.

I'm looking for suggestions for a short romantic break in the northern part of the UK. We can't leave the kids for long so I'm looking at a couple of days away in the sort of place that bitches like - somewhere with trees and woodlands and plenty of romantic shit going on, that won't take me more than a couple of hours to get to from Leeds. In other words, the sort of place that if I take her there, I'm nailed on to get a fuck out of it. I have a decent budget for this, so hit me with your best shots. There's rep in it IF I get a shag out of it.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Robin Hood Bay near Whitby.

Trust me.

And if you do get to the coast be sure to go to

Falling Foss Tea Garden. Stig ignored me when he was over that way but its wonderful

Another recommendation would be

The Drunken Duck Inn, outside Ambleside. They've got their own micro brewery as well

I'll carry on thinking. You didnt half cause yourself trouble getting married bang in the middle of the holiday season

Grassington.

Places to stay

Stunning countryside, history, great pubs with fantastic ales, country walks, Bolton Abbey just down the road, an hour from Leeds. Get some.

That would be a great shout but for the fact that we're going camping there literally a week later at the awesome Howgill Lodge campsite.

I'm looking for specific places to stay please. I know certain areas are nice, but if you could recommend a hotel that would be chipper.

Has anyone stayed at Slaley Hall in Northumberland?

That would be a great shout but for the fact that we're going camping there literally a week later at the awesome Howgill Lodge campsite.

I'm looking for specific places to stay please. I know certain areas are nice, but if you could recommend a hotel that would be chipper.

My brother has. He's get way more money than me. Hope that helps

You mean he's a pain in the arse?

Noo' date=' but he doesn't let things slide, if you know what I mean

Done both Slaley & Drunken Duck, can highly recommend the Duck, food is top notch and the beer is even better.

I've not actually stayed at the Drunken Duck...just eaten there a couple of times but I definitely have it on my list for a nice grown up weekend now these kids can be left pretty much on their own. Imagine that day, guys......

The bar is great and the pictures of the rooms look gorgeous. All Farrow and Ball shades and crisp white linen

Mate, you should deffo consider The Carpenters Arms in Felixkirk. Home

It's 5 star accomodation but homely like bitches like and really reasonable (think we paid £125 for 1 night for one of the 5 star garden rooms - remote control real fire, heated wardrobes, all that cool shit)

I've paid a LOT more and had far worse. Pound for pound it's deffo the best place we've ever stayed within 90 minutes drive, and we tend to do a weekend away just about every month.

It has an amazing country pub attached with awesome food (recommend the Chateaubriand with a bottle of Malbec), unbelievably fantastic service and all on the edge of the North York Moors where you can finger each other and not be seen.

we've stayed at Slaley Hall for a wedding last summer.

Nice place but we found it a bit corporate and the room (albeit a standard room) was a bit Travel Lodge and we felt we could have been anywhere. Just lacked character, which is what bitches love.

Some friends booked a lodge, though. That was pretty sweet but fuck knows what it cost. There was about 6 or 7 of them sharing.

I tell you where else was really nice, and only half an hour away, Goldsborough Hall just past Knaresborough.

We stayed in a room called Leshelles suite or something. I can't remember what we paid as it was a couple of years back, but it wasn't cheap. Certainly £350+

In terms of value I'd say Carpenters Arms is well teh best, but Goldsborough Hall is more "special".

Got ace grounds for lounging and eating breakfast and shit. Our room also had an ace jacuzzi bath in a bay window for sexing. Bitches love that.

Goldsborough Hall - Yorkshire's Finest Wedding Venue and Princess Mary's first family residence

take my advice, steer clear of big places like Slaley Hall. Go for "cute" and "character" and "intimate".

Shit like that. Bitches love shit like that.

Along similar lines

Rooms | The Plough Inn & Restaurant, Lupton

My folks were there earlier in the year and said it was really good. Its run by the people who have Luxury Lake District Hotel | Luxury Accomodation | Lake District Bed and Breakfast | Punch Bowl Inn Crosthwaite, also very good

Thanks ladies and gents. I knew Tom R would be all over this, the smooth bastard.

The Lake District is possibly a shade too far for a day or two, so I'm looking at The Dales or North Yorks Moors.

Tom - The Carpenters Arms looks a bit "new". The old bird likes old and Goldsborough Hall has to be the favourite so far, although the Lascelles Suite at £450 room only is pushing my budget. I could get a really classy hooker for that sort of money.