You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

next blues boss  

175 members have voted

1. 1. next blues boss

• McLaren
    • Lennon
    • Hughes
    • Redknapp
    • Martinez
    • Coyle
    • Benitez
    • O'Neil
    • McCarthy
    • Other....

I am alone in thinking Martinez is OK and may do quite well with the Bitters ?

Given the limited short-list we seemed to have had a year ago I would have picked him ahead of Rodgers .

To be honest I would have been just as underwhelmed with Martinez as I was with Rodgers.

Everton have absolutely hit their glass ceiling at the moment, it would be impossible for them to do any better than they have in the last two seasons with their resources.

• Replies 462
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To be honest I would have been just as underwhelmed with Martinez as I was with Rodgers.

Everton have absolutely hit their glass ceiling at the moment' date=' it would be impossible for them to do any better than they have in the last two seasons with their resources.[/quote']

I wasn't that arsed about Martinez either . AVB would have been my choice at the time.

Not sure about Everton next season . He will take a couple with him to Woodison but Fellaini looks like he's off.

Everton haven't played good football since 1985, it will be too much of a shock for them and they won't be able to handle it. They've been brought up on a diet of dogs of war, utter shite under Walter Smith and then Moyes' eleven years of eye aids.

They will be like Charlton Heston at the end of Planet of the Apes.

BGB claims Martinez promised to get them into the Champions League in the first 45 seconds of his interview.

I nearly crashed the car...

He must have said The Championship League and they misheard him.

Oh Bill, when will you learn...

Kenwright said: "When [former manager] David [Moyes] first came to see me, we were in a bad state. His first words, were, 'we are not going down'."

"Roberto's first words were, 'I will get you into the Champions League'."

BGB claims Martinez promised to get them into the Champions League in the first 45 seconds of his interview.

I nearly crashed the car...

The Bitters won't like that at all. The Champions League is Kopite behavior.

I refuse to laugh about the appointment of Martinez until I'm sure Rodgers is better than him. For me the jury is still out on both of them.

I agree but we can laugh at the many Evertonians who took the piss out of 'tiki taka'. Suddenly it's the future.

In that case, it must have been the shortest job interview in history.

The comedy just keeps on coming.

Martinez: 'I will get you into the Champions League'.

Bill: 'The job's yours, Roberto. Did I tell you I love your cheeky boyish smile?' *wink*

Martinez: 'But I must remind you Mr Kenwright...'

Bill: 'Oh stop that nonsense, we're friends now, please call me Bill'

Martinez: 'Mr. Ken.. excuse me, err... Bill, I must remind you that I guided Wigan not only to relegation, but in the course of that, to 7 defeats on the bounce'

Bill: 'Oh, my, I DO love a good bounce' *wink*

Martinez: 'Of course we will be getting into the Champion's League, but what will happen if the same happens here? Won't the fans get annoyed and cal for my sacking?'

Bill: 'Oh, don't you worry, Roberto, we developed a strategy for that some time ago'

Martinez: 'What is that, Bill?'

Bill: 'Any time we hit a rough patch, I like to sing that FABULOUS Simon & Garfunkel song, Bridge Over Troubled Waters, brings tears to my eyes - anyway, where were we? Oh yes, any time there's a rough run of results, you just remind our fans that we're not like that lot over there, with loads of money and everything, we're for the people' They lap it up every single time and what do you know - the results are yesterday's news' *wink* Isn't that just amazing?

Martinez: 'Si, Bill'

Bill: 'Oh, you cheeky little monkey, charming me with your Spanish as WELL as your boyish good looks' *wink* Now, come over here really close to Bill while I whisper another little secret in your ear...'

Kenwright said: "When [former manager] David [Moyes] first came to see me, we were in a bad state. His first words, were, 'we are not going down'."

"Roberto's first words were, 'I will get you into the Champions League'."

Bill must of misheard him, he thought Martinez said Champions League, he actually said Championship League.

In that case' date=' it must have been the shortest job interview in history.

The comedy just keeps on coming.

Martinez: 'I will get you into the Champions League'.

Bill: 'The job's yours, Roberto. Did I tell you I love your cheeky boyish smile?' *wink*

Martinez: 'But I must remind you Mr Kenwright...'

Bill: 'Oh stop that nonsense, we're friends now, please call me Bill'

Martinez: 'Mr. Ken.. excuse me, err... Bill, I must remind you that I guided Wigan not only to relegation, but in the course of that, to 7 defeats on the bounce'

Bill: 'Oh, my, I DO love a good bounce' *wink*

Martinez: 'Of course we will be getting into the Champion's League, but what will happen if the same happens here? Won't the fans get annoyed and cal for my sacking?'

Bill: 'Oh, don't you worry, Roberto, we developed a strategy for that some time ago'

Martinez: 'What is that, Bill?'

Bill: 'Any time we hit a rough patch, I like to sing that FABULOUS Simon & Garfunkel song, Bridge Over Troubled Waters, brings tears to my eyes - anyway, where were we? Oh yes, any time there's a rough run of results, you just remind our fans that we're not like that lot over there, with loads of money and everything, we're for the people' They lap it up every single time and what do you know - the results are yesterday's news' *wink* Isn't that just amazing?

Martinez: 'Si, Bill'

Bill: 'Oh, you cheeky little monkey, charming me with your Spanish as WELL as your boyish good looks' *wink* Now, come over here really close to Bill while I whisper another little secret in your ear...'[/quote']

"Mr Kenwright, are you trying to seduce me?"