You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

next blues boss  

175 members have voted

1. 1. next blues boss

• McLaren
    • Lennon
    • Hughes
    • Redknapp
    • Martinez
    • Coyle
    • Benitez
    • O'Neil
    • McCarthy
    • Other....

• Replies 462
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All this badge redesign business has been a masterstroke by Bill. Their manager has colluded in a longstanding plan that's seen him buggered off to the mancs, leaving them without a penny compensation. He's likely to take some of their best players with him. They've got no money, although, sales of said players will offer some chance to repay some debt. They appear to be about to appoint "My manager, Robertoooo" who's managed to finally get Wigan relegated after numerous attempts... and amidst all this, the easily misled 'people' are squabbling over a bloody badge!

Nice work, Bill!

aside from Laudrup and the Porto fella who I don't think were ever real possibilities I do think Martinez is the best of the contenders for the Everton job, think most people would struggle to do what Moyes has done consistently (I think Moyes is hugely overrated and will be a disaster at Scum but did a good job with Everton whilst reaching his ceiling there) but if Martinez can maintain there strength and unity as well as then getting even more out of the likes of Mirallas etc with his approach to better football, it could work out well for them so I hope he doesn't go there really but it will be interesting to see how it works out

With the potential exodus of players from Everton to Man Utd (or simply retiring), Martinez looks best equipped to manage a team with little resources - the New Wigan.

I'm not sure there will be many departures to be honest, Neville is no loss as a footballer although they might miss his influence and experience, Fellaini whilst he is hugely important for Everton I can't see him really playing such an important role at a better side and Baines whilst excellent going forward is very average defensively (people seem not to pick up on this) and will anyone pay what they want for him when he is going to be 29 in december and they don't really have anyone else who'd be able to go on to be important players at bigger clubs, maybe Mirallas but he doesn't seem to be linked anywhere

I'd be much happier with the rest of the dross getting linked with the job as opposed to Martinez who I rate and stuck up for him when people were kicking off when it looked like he was coming here last summer, hope I'm wrong about him if he does get the job!

Whelan has just said this about Kenwright....

Whelan added: "One thing Everton have got is Bill Kenwright, who is one honest guy. I would trust him implicitly and if I was Roberto, I would listen very carefully to what they have to say."

Hahaha

Wonder if the £24M they get off United for big bird will pay for McCarthy and McManaman.

But then, even if he does manage to take a few players already schooled in his methods, given how long it took a Dalglish side already used to pass and move football to become comfortable with the change in the way Rodgers wanted them to play, it promises to be hilarious watching Moyes' 10-1 formation of launch it long and fight for it with your elbows acclimatise to Martinez's wishes.

Should be as easy as training a giraffe to ice skate.

Martinez at Wigan

Lost 9-1 to Spurs

8-0 & 6-0 to Chelsea

Lost 5-0 to Man Utd 3 times & 4-0 3 times

Lost 4-0 to Blackpool, Bolton & Portsmouth

Lost 4-0 to Arsenal twice & 4-0 to us once

and that's just 4 goal beatings, he plays 'good football' though

I rate him for keeping Wigan up (til this year) in a job what will have been harder every year with best players being picked off and replaced on the cheap but that stat there is quite shameful for him

I rate him for keeping Wigan up (til this year) in a job what will have been harder every year with best players being picked off and replaced on the cheap but that stat there is quite shameful for him

Let's be honest. He won't be losing by these score lines to United again in the near future will he.