You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Does Rodgers deserve another season.

thompsonsnose

Why do you think theres been a 'change of narrative' in the rags JP ?

{genuine question}

The same reason some fans are following the rest, they are being influenced by the majority and need to keep most of their readers happy.

Someone commented on here the other day how they enjoy reading James Pearce articles as he seems to be not giving his full opinion recently and tries to put across that he sees fans concerns while he's not criticising the manager.My respect for him has gone up massively over the last few weeks as he is one of the only ones not giving in to fans but he is softening and isn't arguing his case for Rodgers as strongly recently due to criticism.Fair play to Dave U aswell he stays neutral in his ESPN articles and gives arguments for and against the manager.

I saw someone tweet one of James Pearce articles yesterday and say they were sick of his brown nosing and it got quite a few retweets, in the article he hadn't actually gave his opinion on anything and just reported what Rodgers had said.

The reaction to him over the last few weeks shows the delusion amongst the fanbase and blindness to anything positive about Rodgers.Hes clearly not Rodgers mouth piece as he's openly said a few times the pressure is on BR this season and finishing outside of the top 4 won't be tolerated, I highly doubt BR would have been telling him to make that clear at the start of the season.

• Downvote 9

On the discussion of polls, the majority were voting him out at the end of the summer, during the summer the majority were voting he is the right man and will get 4th and now it's back to wanting him out.There is definetly a section of fickle fans and they will quickly get back behind the manager after a few more good performances.

On who would take over if BR goes I will be placing a bet on that coach Linders if it gets to the stage where it looks like BR is off.He looks like a club appointment to me and when he was speaking in the summer he sounded like the kind of manager FSG want.He'll get the caretaker position and considering our fixtures after January he should do well enough to keep the job.

• Downvote 7

On the discussion of polls, the majority were voting him out at the end of the summer, during the summer the majority were voting he is the right man and will get 4th and now it's back to wanting him out.There is definetly a section of fickle fans and they will quickly get back behind the manager after a few more good performances.

There have been good performances?

Pray tell?

We haven't played well for 90 mins in a game this season.

Or for 90 mins since before the Manc game last season.

On who would take over if BR goes I will be placing a bet on that coach Linders if it gets to the stage where it looks like BR is off.He looks like a club appointment to me and when he was speaking in the summer he sounded like the kind of manager FSG want.He'll get the caretaker position and considering our fixtures after January he should do well enough to keep the job.

Where did you see this poll that the "majority were voting he is the right man and will get 4th...." Every poll I have seen since the 6-1 has been overwhelming for him to be sacked....

• Upvote 1

Where did you see this poll that the "majority were voting he is the right man and will get 4th...." Every poll I have seen since the 6-1 has been overwhelming for him to be sacked....

There was definitely a poll on the liverpool echo right before the season started where the majority voted that they expect BR to still be here at the end of this season and that we would finish in the top 4.I can't remember the exact wording they used but that was what they were asking, it was one of the first positive polls about BR in a long time which is why I remember it.

• Downvote 1

Liverpool FC fans are going into the new season happy with the man in charge, their new signings and confident of securing Champions League football.

Or, at least, that is what our pre-season survey, conducted over the past week, has revealed.

We received over 70,000 answers to the questions we posed earlier in the week, asking Reds fans to reveal their hopes, expectations and fears ahead of the new season.

In those results, it reveals a high number of supporters are happy with Brendan Rodgers in charge, while Roberto Firmino and Christian Benteke represent good business for the Reds this summer.

​I would imagine a fair percentage of them are bitters. But he's right there was a poll and he did get 68% support, from anyone that visited the site.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/liverpool-fc-2015-16-survey-9811734

rodgerscharge.jpg

liverpoolfinish.jpg

Fuck I wish I could Photoshop.

This is a must, if some kindly soul can do the honours again please!:

rafa-benitez-pa_1356726c.jpg

If we're doing requests, I'd very much like to see Brendan Roger's face superimposed onto Code's head in that picture of him with the fantastic mullet. Seeing that would easily be my all-time favourite L.F.C. related moment. Please, someone, make it happen.
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1