You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2013 Transfer Thread

Bjornebye

Guest Numero Veinticinco
I had been arguing the lack of value in such a deal for pages so you would assume even the most retarded would understand the post.

You were crystal clear.

Boswinga, Sagna, O`Shea, Neville, Brown, Arbeloa, Belletti, Pantsil, Corluka, Steinsson are all better right backs than Johnson just to mention 10 players on top of my head.

Voronin being better than Rooney and Tevez is a personal favourite of mine.

Yeah, it's a thing of real beauty.

Well Voronin is a better player than Tevez and Rooney so its not really an issue.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
Either Number has a clipboard full of old posts at his disposal or he is a zen master of the search function - I have to remember all this shit.

Search 'Code72 Voronin Tevez' or 'Code72 Pantsil' on google. First hit. Really easy to find.

NV just totally pulled Code to pieces there, gory.

You don't come back from that.

That list of right backs better than Johnson is magnificent, even David Pleat could probably have named 10 better than that 5 years ago and not looked as stupid today.

Anyway, back to the serious stuff.

I'm surprised that Spurs are looking to let Caulker go, though £9m seems steep. That said, Rodgers has previously loaned Caulker from Spurs so he obviously rated him. Bit of a head-scratcher this one, have Spurs really got another three centre backs better than Caulker? Vertonghen, yes, but I don't buy into the Dawson is brilliant theory. He had a great season, but I think he's only 'ok' at best.

So, why sell the lad? 21 years old, big strong boy, if he was French and playing for Lille then people would be clamouring for him.

How about this from the Codester:

http://www.liverpoolway.co.uk/forum/ff-football-forum/81409-midfielders-replace-alonso-if-he-goes-4.html

I have seen Skjelbred play enough times both in the flesh and on TV to form a considered opinion about his qualities and how he would fit into our team.

This Norwegian bias thing is a bit strange as well, I would never suggest that we should sign anyone because he is Norwegian, as far as I know the only "unknown" Norwegian I have advocated signing was Hangeland because I could see his qualities and understood he would be perfect for the PL.

When i first mentioned him, nefore he went to Copenhagen, we could probably have got him for £1,5M, we could have signed him when Fulham signed him etc..

The same goes for Skjelbred, we can get him for around £4M now, maybe a bit less, but if he goes to another club abroad, his price will most likely triple itself within a year, if Skjelbred was an English player with equal qualities he would probably cost £15M +.

Skjelbred would be a superb signing.

Some pearlers in here as well.

http://www.liverpoolway.co.uk/forum/ff-football-forum/79890-riise-3.html

Guest Numero Veinticinco

He's probably decided to join a team who will pay up front and not ask him to Join them on loan' date='also he wages might be better at the might Cardiff City,sad really isn't it.[/quote']

Awful. I doubt Mignolet, Toure, Aspas or Luis Alberto are earning any money at all, poor sods.

We can always ask for a loan?

Agree - it would be a boss piece of business for a player like that who may have "off the field concerns". If anyone can pull it off it is Rodgers.

He's probably decided to join a team who will pay up front and not ask him to Join them on loan,also he wages might be better at the might Cardiff City,sad really isn't it.

Dickie, you do understand that the player gets paid his current wages in a loan right?

Agree - it would be a boss piece of business for a player like that who may have "off the field concerns". If anyone can pull it off it is Rodgers.

Dickie, you do understand that the player gets paid his current wages in a loan right?

The player in question looks like he may sign for Cardiff my point was they might be paying him better wages than us on a permanent deal just so you understand,but thanks for pointing out that a player gets paid his current wage in any loan deal as I was already was aware of this,but thanks again much apprieciated.

The player in question looks like he may sign for Cardiff my point was they might be paying him better wages than us on a permanent deal just so you understand,but thanks for pointing out that a player gets paid his current wage in any loan deal as I was already was aware of this,but thanks again much apprieciated.

OK - good I thought you were just bleating on and on about our owners.

Cardiff, that's a soundly run club.

The player in question looks like he may sign for Cardiff my point was they might be paying him better wages than us on a permanent deal just so you understand' date='but thanks for pointing out that a player gets paid his current wage in any loan deal as I was already was aware of this,but thanks again much apprieciated.[/quote']

Are we even in for him at all?