You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2013 Transfer Thread

Bjornebye

Sorry to take this off topic but does anyone have an opinion on Nuri Sahin's time here. I was just wondering if people thought he was any good and what his best position was. I just really need to know and couldn't think of a better place to discuss this than a transfer topic.

Where's all the YouTube videos of amazing players that I'm going to get dead excited about and sign them on Footy Manager only to feel cheated when they move to Spuds? That's gotta be why 90% of people come here and there's just not enough!

Guest Numero Veinticinco
Have you ever considered that, like, maybe Sahin exists but none of us do? Maybe we are all, like, a figment of his imagination.

Yeah, but have you ever considered that we all might exist, but Sahin doesn't? I mean, have we ever seen him and jsims in the same room?

Shit gettin' deep.

This Skrtel business, it's all about wage value again isn't it? New 4 year contract last year £70k a week. Now, not worthy of a place amongst such luminaries as Andre Wisdom, Martin Kelly and Seb Coates. Nothing to do with the 3 further years at £70k a week obviously. Skrtel's replacement definitely won't get that much.

Now all this makes great business sense, since we can't keep accruing debt, as long as all these costly 'underperforming' players on big wages are replaced with the same or better quality. However it would be a big ask for anyone let alone a young inexperienced manager and new scouting system and a frankly shit MD. If we're not careful and the signings aren't all of the Sturridge/Coutinho variety we could soon look pretty ordinary. I'm thinking Aston Villa. Hold me.

6 goals and 5 assists in 13 starts after Christmas, yeah lets get rid

I was joking. He might not be my favourite player but I think he's been great at times. I'm just bitter about Jonjo and will drop going on about either of them.

If I had a choice I'd prefer Suso in midfield over both of them anyway, him being loaned has also done my head in quite a bit. I can see how that might be for the best as he develops, but if Lucas and Henderson can develop in our side I think Suso would be fine too. As long as he comes back though, wants to stay with us, Rodgers wants to keep him and we decide not to idiotically "cash in" if other clubs take interest, fair enough.

Enough of the trimming of the wage bill.

Does anybody have any actual numbers on the wage bill we have trimmed in say, the last year or last 18 months? It must be savings of 10 million a year or more.

Surely it's now time to move the team forward and focus on the product on the field.

Enough of the trimming of the wage bill.

Does anybody have any actual numbers on the wage bill we have trimmed in say, the last year or last 18 months? It must be savings of 10 million a year or more.

Surely it's now time to move the team forward and focus on the product on the field.

We will get just enough to keep the host alive.

LFC exists as a conduit for the worldwide TV money to pass smoothly to the east coast of the USA.

And thats it.

We should be getting somebody like Soldado regardless of whether or not Suarez goes, not to mention it fucks Spurs over if we slide in there.

A whole attack force of Suarez, Sturridge, Coutinho, Soldado, Aspas is pretty good.

Then we need somebody to replace Downing in the side and our attack is quality.

We should be getting somebody like Soldado regardless of whether or not Suarez goes, not to mention it fucks Spurs over if we slide in there.

A whole attack force of Suarez, Sturridge, Coutinho, Soldado, Aspas is pretty good.

Then we need somebody to replace Downing in the side and our attack is quality.

How are you gonna put all of them in the same side? Have you ever been to a proper 'soccer' match?

I will be made up if we get Papadopoulos in place of Skrtel. Excellent piece of business. It'll be interesting to see what happens if we sell Coates - whether we go for Ilori or just promote Wisdom. I would favour the latter to be honest.