You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2013 Transfer Thread

Bjornebye

You could put them in a 3-4-3. (I say it like it's alien because I doubt we'd ever try it.)

----------------Soldado-----Sturridge-----Aspas

--------------------------------Luis

---------------------Coutinho-------Stevie

-------------------------------Lucas

------------------Toure-------Agger------Kelly

Was thinking about how we'd play attacking-wise in a couple of formations earlier that's all as I was wondering how Suso would've fit in if he'd stayed. Clearly not ideal to put Luis there but his potential to create for others could work really well. Obviously he'd be better in the front 3 though, in this case I'd prefer one of the front 3 listed here on the bench and Suso (if he'd stayed.) where Luis is.

Ha ha! The fuck?

Who's gonna defend against opposing wide players there? Coutinho and Gerrard? And Soldado out wide... Ever seen him play? He's a classic centre forward, and centre forward only type player.

Loaning Sterling would only be a good idea if we're making more signings in that area' date=' surely. I think Sterling should get plenty of minutes here this season, not sure a loan to West Ham will aid his development. Yeah he may play more games but he might not, he'd be better served staying here and integrating with the new look squad IMO.[/quote']

For me, unless players come in, sterling is gonna get plenty of time and despite how last season finished, will be in front of downing. And however much time he gets, got to be more value than watching the ball get smashed up to Carrol and chasing the flick on or racing Nolan to the knock down. He'll learn fuck all playing for that bellend.

I liked the way we handled sterling when he was young, there were clubs looking to loan him but we said he wasn't available as club wanted to continue his development here and not risk his confidence being affected by a bad loan spell.

Spearing going to hull or wherever his first loan was now looks like a mistake and set him back imo.He went from looking good against Madrid to not being able to get a game in his position for a championship club.

These bad spells can have a negative effect as view of player by club completely changes and they start thinking if they can't do it there how will they at lfc.

I have worries of a similar thing happening with sterling, if he stays here and gets a few games here and there he will still be viewed as top prospect that has to wait for his chance, if he goes to west ham and doesn't play a lot or well he will be viewed not good enough for lfc.

Allardyce is a manager known for getting best out of players so that is encouraging but there style of play is not the way sterling will be required to play at lfc.If we do loan him I can only assume we have at least 1 or 2 top wingers coming in as I thought sterling could have played a decent amount of games for us next season.

Ha ha! The fuck?

Who's gonna defend against opposing wide players there? Coutinho and Gerrard? And Soldado out wide... Ever seen him play? He's a classic centre forward, and centre forward only type player.

I've hardly ever seen Soldado, but I didn't mean for any of the front 3 to be actually in those positions, just as one of them. As for defending against wide players, Kelly could clearly go out to do that on his side, not sure about how Toure/whoever would manage it though. Once one goes to the wings to defend though Lucas could drop back to cover.

It might look insane on paper, but could probably work against quite a few teams if we kept the ball/pressed well enough.

Nearly all the tabloids are running with this story about Papadopoulous.

I didn't realise that he hadn't played since November, It all seems a big risk for the fees being mentioned, although some reports suggest it would be a loan deal first.

As for Sterling, I really hope he doesn't go to West Ham! It will ruin his game being expected just to hoof the ball in to big Andy as the earliest opportunity.

If we want to loan him can't we offer him to Swansea maybe?

Nearly all the tabloids are running with this story about Papadopoulous.

I didn't realise that he hadn't played since November' date=' It all seems a big risk for the fees being mentioned, although some reports suggest it would be a loan deal first.

As for Sterling, I really hope he doesn't go to West Ham! It will ruin his game being expected just to hoof the ball in to big Andy as the earliest opportunity.

If we want to loan him can't we offer him to Swansea maybe?[/quote']

I wonder if the mirror were getting their stories mixed up yesterday when they said skrtle on loan and had to prove his fitness?

Guest Numero Veinticinco
When trying to be a smararse its always a good idea to get the quotes right.

Who said they did not rate him?

You're right, people need to get the quotes right. This is what you actually said about Coutinho.

I hope we dont sign him, I have a feeling it will be a waste of money

Guest Numero Veinticinco
Didn't you once say John Pantsil is a better right back than Glen Johnson?

He has history with fullbacks. How's Konchesky doing, anyway?

Didn't you once say John Pantsil is a better right back than Glen Johnson?

A better buy and so he would have been.

Since we signed him its only gone downhill, maybe the money could have been better spent elsewhere.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
A better buy

No, you said he was better. You said Pantsil was better, that Steinsson was better, that Ćorluka was better.

No, you said he was better. You said Pantsil was better, that Steinsson was better, that Ćorluka was better.

I had been arguing the lack of value in such a deal for pages so you would assume even the most retarded would understand the post.

A better buy and so he would have been.

Since we signed him its only gone downhill, maybe the money could have been better spent elsewhere.

John Pantsil would have been a better buy then Glen Johnson?

Da fuck?

I know Glen isnt the best defender but if you'd be happier to see John Pantsil playing for us right now, then your a little bit looney.